Pathfinder 1E [LPF] The Haven

Aura

Explorer
Jonas' words to describe the morning, bright and ugly, might come to mind as the group waits at the Dunn Wright Inn for the arrival of their new associate, Darvin Hurella. The dashing swordsman misses the early side of the window he described, then the late side, and finally comes in about a half hour later, which translates to 11:30 AM. He looks a bit rough around the edges, and probably hasn't shaven, as near as anyone can tell. With Darvin is a heavily armored individual. What he doesn't have in height, he makes up for in armor and a intimidating gaze that would send a half dozen greenhorns skittering for the hills.

Darvin Hurella 200.jpgJericho 200.jpg
. . . . . . Darvin Hurella . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Jericho . . . . . . . .

Upon seeing you, Darvin points you out to his companion and the two approach. "Good morning, everyone!" the scholar-swordsman begins. Before he can continue, the man by his side interrupts him.

"Afternoon," the armored man flatly states. "Sun is too high to call it morning any more. I was waiting since oh-nine-thirty for you."

Not one to be derailed so easily, Darvin takes up speaking again, "Details, details. We're all here, together, and ready to go, are we not? Anyway, as per our discussion last night, this is my friend, Jericho. He will be with me, minding base camp. Not that I think much is going to happen."

"The rule is," Jericho steps forward, one hand up, "that which you guard is not attacked. That which you do not guard, is attacked. My sister asked me to be here for you, and do it at a discount. Tromping through the forest is not my usual type of work." He stops speaking a moment, eying up the fire memphit, then adds, "Anyway, manners. I am pleased to meet you all. I was with the Venzan army for a time, and now work caravans as my regular job."

Darvin, previously busy with scratching his chin, takes up conversation once again. "Yes, I saw a fair number of horses outside, so I'm guessing you're all ready to go?"

[sblock=Last interactions before riding out]Part of me said start with the traveling directly, but I'd be remiss to introduce an NPC, have a conversation exchange and not let the PC's get any word in edgewise. Feel free to add your thoughts and last minute preparations then we'll mount up.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas arrives at the inn at the prescribed time, tosses Myrtle's reins 'round the hitching post, and takes a position leaning casually against the wall of the Dunn Wright. After an hour, he slips inside for a small ale and a bit of biscuit to tide him over during the wait. He checks the position of the sun, walks back through is recollection of the conversation from the evening before to make sure he got the time right, greets the others as they arrive and engages them in casual conversation, eats another biscuit, inspects his saddlebags, and checks the sun again. When Darvin finally makes his appearance, henchman in tow, the big half-orc heaves a sigh of relief. He sticks out a meaty paw the size of a small ham in offer of handshake to Jericho, and smiles wryly at the gruff guard's words. "Well, some folk have difficulty making the transition from horizontal to vertical... especially when drink has been involved. We're here now, and ready to be on our way I guess."

[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls/OOC]--[/sblock]

Initiative: +04
AC: 21 (14 Touch, 19 Flat-Footed)
HP: 76/76
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +15
CMB: +09 CMD: 23 (+11/25 vs. Trip)
Fort: +09 Reflex: +04 Will: +07

Special Abilities
Judgement: 02/02 Uses Remaining
Bane: 09/09 Rounds Remaining
Discern Lies: 06/06 Rounds Remaining

Prayers
Orisons: At-Will
-------Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt
----------Undead, Guidance, Sift, Stabilize
Level 01: 05/05 Remaining
-------Command, Divine Favor, Ear Piercing
----------Scream, Wrath
Level 02: 04/04 Remaining
-------Blistering Invective, Restoration (Lesser),
----------See Invisibility, Stricken Heart
Jonas_zpsmzh4paui.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Tsaaruk arrives riding a rather large spirited horse. It is difficult to understand which is in control, but through size and strength Tsaaruk manages to force his will, if barely. He nods to Jericho "Pleased to meet you. Are we ready then? Nothing happening until we get there."

[sblock]
bags packed ready to roll.

[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 21 (with shield/ Flat:20, Touch: 13)
HP: 106/106
CMB: +14 / CMD: 25 Fort: +11 / Ref: +5 / Will: +5
Damage Reduction: 01/_
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & +1 shocking Warhammer
Rage: 20/20
Renewed Vigor: 1/1
Lesser Elemental Blood: 3/3

CLW wand 50/50

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances
[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Thuvian_zpsllhr2jxm.jpg

Thuvian arrives with no horse in tow, but as soon as the party is ready to head out, he casts a quick spell, and a dapple gray horse appears with saddle all prepared. While he waits he says little beyond the initial greetings and an acknowledgement of Jericho, preferring to watch and wait in silence. He understands well how it feels to find oneself on an expedition with less than full enthusiasm or willingness, and hopes that this expedition does not end as poorly as some of the others he has been on.

[sblock=minstats]Thuvian Darklight
AC: 15 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 12)
HP: 37/37 Initiative: +3
Perception : +6 Sense Motive: +1
CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Place:

Magic:
CL 7; +11 Concentration (+15 Casting Defensively); SR +7
Extended Illusion (3 rounds beyond concentration)
1st level Sapphire of Power - unused
+4 to Spellcraft DC to identify spells cast by Thuvian

Darkness 1/1; CL 7

Cantrips - Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st - Mage Armor, Mount(x), Protection from Evil (2), Vanish, Ventriloquism
2nd - Acid Arrow, Create Pit, Mirror Image, Summon Monster II
3rd - Fly, Major Image (2), Summon Monster III
4th - Shadow Conjuration (2), Stone Shape[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia4_zpsd6ee1686.jpg
Farziel_zpsaihyrbov.jpg

Pirvinia was mounted and ready to go. Her familiar was flying, but would occasionally land behind her on the horse to rest since the extra weight was not enough to burden the horse.

Pirvinia nodded that she was ready, "Indeed, we are ready as well."

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Jericho... I noticed that a sister was mentioned. Is there a family connection between you two?"

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+9, Perception: +10 (12 with Far'ziel)
AC: 17 (21 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 14, Flat-footed 14)-> 21 with Mage Armor
HP:
56 Current: 56
CMD: 16, Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +9
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand: None
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 8/8, 2nd Level: 8/8, 3rd Level 8/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
+6 Senses: darkvision; Perception: +12
AC: 26 (Touch 15, flat-footed 22) -> 30 with Mage Armor
HP:
28 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +6
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic
SLAs: 1x/Hour--Scorching Ray [Att: +7, dmg: 4d6],
1/day--heat metal (DC 14), summon (level 2, 1 fire mephit 25%)
Weapon in Hand: 2 Claws [Att: +6, dmg: 1d3+1]
Special Attack: Breath Weapon (15-ft cone, 1d8 fire, DC13 half, every 4 rounds)

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
View attachment 73224View attachment 73225
. . . . . . Darvin Hurella . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Jericho . . . . . . . .

Jericho gives a good, firm handshake to Jonas, nodding in agreement and flashing a bit of a grin before continuing to get to know the rest of the group. Returning to his previous demeanor, he fields Pirvinia's question about any potential familial ties. "Darvin and I have known each other for many years, having grown up together. However, a few years back he married my younger sister, Cortessa's fortune smile upon her, making us brothers by law. I try to keep him out of trouble."

"And out of the fun," Darvin shoots back in a jovial tone.

"Ya, ya," Jericho mutters, waving dismissively before mounting his horse. "These people are waiting, let's not tarry with these age-old scripts between us. There will be plenty of time on the road for chatter--we have a full day's ride before reaching the cluster of farmhouses you've mentioned." With a simple command, the armored man begins the movement towards the Silver Road.

About a day's ride later, the group comes upon a small cluster of farmhouses, set against a forested backdrop to the east, west and north. The Silver Road continues past the small settlement, but a cleared out section of forest serves as a stopover for many travelers. However, this night, you are the only travelers using it.

"I'll go visit with Jezz, so he is not surprised by our presence. You all can make camp. We'll depart for the site tomorrow morning." With that, the young scholar heads to the largest of the farmhouses in the hamlet.

"Guess I'll set camp," responds Jericho, with a bit of a sigh at the end. He immediately begins the business of setting up for the night.

[sblock=Final spell choices and such]Make sure to edit spell preparations if you are making any changes, etc.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia4_zpsd6ee1686.jpg
Farziel_zpsaihyrbov.jpg

Pirvinia did not require much in the way of sleep and led her horse after Jericho. "Given the size of the group, I have a spell that could enclose the camp and conceal those within. Unfortunately, the horses would not fit."

"But those inside would be protected from the elements and be able to see out, while no one from the outside could see in. And those inside besides myself could still pass through the spell's magical shelter to the jakes without worrying."

"It will last the entire night, and more if so desire and keep myself inside it."

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+9, Perception: +10 (12 with Far'ziel)
AC: 17 (21 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 14, Flat-footed 14)-> 21 with Mage Armor
HP:
56 Current: 56
CMD: 16, Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +9
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand: None
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 8/8, 2nd Level: 8/8, 3rd Level 8/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
+6 Senses: darkvision; Perception: +12
AC: 26 (Touch 15, flat-footed 22) -> 30 with Mage Armor
HP:
28 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +6
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic
SLAs: 1x/Hour--Scorching Ray [Att: +7, dmg: 4d6],
1/day--heat metal (DC 14), summon (level 2, 1 fire mephit 25%)
Weapon in Hand: 2 Claws [Att: +6, dmg: 1d3+1]
Special Attack: Breath Weapon (15-ft cone, 1d8 fire, DC13 half, every 4 rounds)

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Normally Tsaaruk sets up his tent but with Pirvinia's offer of a magical shelter he is curious. He has learned to trust in her talents even when he may not understand them. Honestly he doesn't understand his own abilities beyond that they are what his god has granted to help him carry out his gods plans. So he grabs his bedroll and selects a spot to claim for sleep. "Cozy place for the night before who knows what we find tomorrow."

[sblock=ministats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 21 (with shield/ Flat:20, Touch: 13)
HP: 106/106
CMB: +14 / CMD: 25 Fort: +11 / Ref: +5 / Will: +5
Damage Reduction: 01/_
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & +1 shocking Warhammer
Rage: 20/20
Renewed Vigor: 1/1
Lesser Elemental Blood: 3/3

CLW wand 50/50

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances

[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Thuvian_zpsllhr2jxm.jpg

Thuvian is fairly quiet throughout the day, aside from the occasional conversation he chooses to have with his familiar, who spends most of the day perched on the tiefling's shoulder, chattering away oblivous to the fact that Thuvian seems to be not be paying attention to most of it. The first hour is entertaining as the party gets to watch Thad figure out how to stay on his master's shoulder until the small viper finally gets a feel for the horse's pace out here on the open road. When it comes time to make camp, Thuvian dismounts and feeds Chestnut an apple before sending the horse back to the stables for the evening. He does what he can to help set up camp, but it becomes quite clear very quickly that camping is something that he does uncomfortably at best. Still, he manages to get his stuff set up, and after a stern warning to Thad to stay within the magical shelter, he settles down the fire and starts to eat some of his trail rations, leaving some on the ground for his familiar. "How do we wish to handle watches for the night? It would hardly do to have our resources depleted unnecessarily before diving into the bowels of the past."

[sblock=minstats]Thuvian Darklight
AC: 15 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 12)
HP: 37/37 Initiative: +3
Perception : +6 Sense Motive: +1
CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Place:

Magic:
CL 7; +11 Concentration (+15 Casting Defensively); SR +7
Extended Illusion (3 rounds beyond concentration)
1st level Sapphire of Power - unused
+4 to Spellcraft DC to identify spells cast by Thuvian

Darkness 1/1; CL 7

Cantrips - Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st - Mage Armor, Mount, Protection from Evil (2), Vanish, Ventriloquism
2nd - Create Pit, Mirror Image, Spider Climb (2)
3rd - Fly, Major Image (2), Summon Monster III
4th - Shadow Conjuration (2), Stone Shape[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad dismounted, and began unpacking his gear from Horse, "Personally, I would not mind such shelter if offered, but I have spent many a night out under the stars, and have rarely had any such problems. And I shall take first watch, if need be. Twilight is no bother for me, and I have been saving my energy though the day."

This was very true. He had not made much conversation that day, sitting so still on his mount that one might've thought him asleep. Of course, he was very much awake now.
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]Samad Salil
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 66/66
CMB: +8 CMD: 21
Fort: +3 Reflex: +10 Will: +7
Perception: +16, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Bow (+11/+6, 1d8+3, 18-20/x3)
Current Conditions in Effect: Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Spells Remaining (1st): 5/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 5/5
Spells Remaining (3rd): 3/3

Used Items:
-

Abilities Used:
-[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads