Star Trek: Beyond (trailer)

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Meh. Looks like a monster of the week episode.

[video=youtube;w6JLJXDF5M0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLCRHG7EIFlDpaa9NLtpgTZo-ssEHVt2mz&time_continue=3&v=w6JLJXDF5M0[/video]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's not doing it for me, to be sure. As someone said elsewhere, this looks more and more like the Fast & Furious franchise than Star Trek.

And is that the Enterprise being destroyed again?

Janx

Hero
The director was from fast and furious....

looks like they wrecked the ship bad this time.

I was kind of hoping for something in their 5 year mission where they find a weird culture and argue about the prime directive while shooting at romulans or something.

Mallus

Legend
Paraphrasing what I wrote elsewhere: I'm okay with Extreme Sports Motocross Kirk. But that sets a tone you're gonna have to commit to.

(Honestly, this isn't the 50th anniversary Trek I was hoping to see. But Pegg & Lin are talented & the rest of the cast is charming, so maybe it'll be watchable at least)

Janx

Hero
It's star trek. I won't camp out overnight to wait in line for a ticket, but I'll walk a bit faster to see it than I would Star wars.

Ryujin

Legend
Paraphrasing what I wrote elsewhere: I'm okay with Extreme Sports Motocross Kirk. But that sets a tone you're gonna have to commit to.

(Honestly, this isn't the 50th anniversary Trek I was hoping to see. But Pegg & Lin are talented & the rest of the cast is charming, so maybe it'll be watchable at least)

The more I see of this Trek, the higher my hopes become for "Star Trek: Axanar."

horacethegrey

First Post
Not feeling it. Was a fan of the 2009 reboot film, but Into Darkness left a bad taste in my mouth. Hope this brings the series back on track, but it looks to be straying further and further from the Original Series roots.

delericho

Legend
This trailer does nothing for me, but then I was always going to go see this film anyway.

But if Warners are wondering where to look for a director for their D&D movie, I have a suggestion...

Mallus

Legend
The more I see of this Trek, the higher my hopes become for "Star Trek: Axanar."
That's the one starring Garth of Izar, right? Back when he was Captain Garth.

I'm not up on the wide world of fan-made Trek. Except for the one with Grant from Mythbusters as Sulu -- Star Trek Continues?. I've seen those and they're shockingly good. Solid writing, mostly-solid acting, and wonderful at capturing the tone of TOS.

Ryujin

Legend
That's the one starring Garth of Izar, right? Back when he was Captain Garth.

I'm not up on the wide world of fan-made Trek. Except for the one with Grant from Mythbusters as Sulu -- Star Trek Continues?. I've seen those and they're shockingly good. Solid writing, mostly-solid acting, and wonderful at capturing the tone of TOS.

Yes, that's the one. They put some serious money into their promo video; "Prelude to Axanar." The two best of the fan series, in my opinion, are "Star Trek Continues" and "Star Trek New Voyages: Phase II." Of the two, I prefer the first.

Here's the proof of concept video, "Prelude to Axanar." I can't remember who it was but someone said, "There are two movies coming out for the Star Trek 50th anniversary and one is good. Guess which one." They begin principle photography on "Axanar" in less than 2 months.

[video=youtube;1W1_8IV8uhA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W1_8IV8uhA[/video]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases