STAR WARS: ASHES of the OLD REPUBLIC - Scene 1

narayan

Explorer
Cossa, Dorok, Tenya, Tie Pilot

Dorok's Pirate Base________________________

Dorok is an older 1.75-meter-tall Human male marked by a huge scar running from the top of his head, down the left side of his face, ending at his chin. His bald head is covered with tattoos over dark eyes coldly-ruthless from a dangerous life of crime. Keeping with a pirates sense of fashion Dorok keeps a long braided mustache and several earrings as jewelry.

Dorok%20Zalaster_1.jpg~original

Dorok wears a red ankle-length fur-lined cloak, lined with synthetic fur, featuring shortened sleeves. A variety of odd medals and rank insignias are pinned to his cloak as tokens of conquest. Beneath that is a black tunic and a blast-vest. Over his hands are fur-lined leather gloves featuring metal spikes at his knuckles with armored bracers around his forearms. Armored plates protect his lower legs strapped around magnetic-capable spacers boots. Around his waist is a heavy-duty weapons belt holding a wicked-looking vibro-blade, slugthrower, heavy blaster pistol and grenades, along with a few assorted pouches for miscellaneous equipment.

Behind him stands an slightly shorter alien dressed in robes with a strange spiraling-horn rising from the top of his skull. His skin has a greyish-green hue with several banded ridges over his nose and brow. Its eyes are bright yellow as he glances around the infirmary, keenly observant of every detail. This one carries a vibro-polearm and possibly other weapons beneath its robes.

Koorivar.jpg~original

Robed Alien: "Captain on deck!"

Cossa tenses and stands rigidly at attention. Tenya also stands from his desk though not quite so quickly or fearfully.

Dorok: Sneers at Cossa. "What is this I hear about a prisoner?"

Cossa: Lifts a finger at the containment chamber. "He's in there. Gorg and I found him out by the sensor pylons, wounded and half-frozen."

Robed Alien: (Sense Motive Check: = 28) Satisfied that Cossa speaks the truth the robed alien immediately moves over to peer into the containment chamber through the viewport.

Dorok: Reaches to the table with the tie pilots belongings and lifts up the scarred flight-helmet and smirks wickedly. "How amusing."

Robed Alien: "Captain the prisoner is regaining consciousness."

Dorok: "Lets see what he has to say Vlaad."

Vlaad: "Of course captain." The robed alien answers with a smile.

Tenya: Steps over to the chamber and checks the vital readings. "He's very weak, I don't recommend questioning him harshly."

Dorok: Glares at the good doctor. "What makes you think I intend to keep alive?" He asks. "Open the chamber!"

Tenya: Frowns but obeys.

A gust of hot air emerges from the chamber as the air-tight entrance swings open. The horned alien steps in first, examining the wounded tie-pilot from head-to-foot. Dorok steps in afterwards.

Dorok: -Speaking Basic- "Can you hear me tie-pilot?!" He bellows, looming over you threateningly.

[Tie-Pilot: What do you do? Make a Knowledge: Alien Species check to identify the alien]

Hillsy7

First Post
Vyren Dax

Vyren Dax stared down at his right hand. Technically it wasn’t his; it had been assembled from a thousand different components, each of which had existed in once functioning droids. Except the skin, of course. That he’d purchased. If he looked closely the difference was obvious – instead of the faint meandering, crosshatching pattern of real skin, the surface was covered in minute dots that mimicked capillary action and friction so things didn’t fall from his fingers. Everything he was, everything he did, was defined by the need, construction, and history of one mundane prosthetic.

The carrier hit some sort of turbulence – some weird, vast heap of hyper dense material in the planet’s surface that dimpled the otherwise even fabric of space-time – and it shifted course shifted course. Vyren rattled in his seat, the restraining straps old and lax enough to be completely ineffective. He cursed.

“Protec always takes first timers over the Grayvian asteroid island,” the rooms only other occupant said, his mon Calimari eyes twitching and swivelling in a constant fidget. “Finds it funny.”

“You could’ve warned me yourself.” Vyren said, tugging straps that would go no tighter.

“I find it funny too.” He considered articulating what he thought of that response, but just snorted instead. He didn’t know anything about Protec or Rakkajan, other than they had a ship, were heading to Elrood, and didn’t charge too much. Through the filthy pane at the rear of the ship, the rolling curve of Lodon ocean divided blue sky from bluer sea, the moon Sharene showed one alabaster cheek off to one side. The grey-orange heap of the island that caused the turbulence shrank to a tiny mark, camouflaged against those already on the glass. Vyren mused that there weren’t enough tatooine analog planets along the Rimma Trade Route to account for the grime on the window. Whatever they were, simple local traders didn’t ring true. In the cockpit, Protec yammered into the communicator in a blistering exchange of flight information with the starport in Dinbar.

“What you here for?” Rakkajan asked. Vryen always found it disconcerting speaking to Mon calamari. The monocular dominance of their eye position meant he rarely felt they were giving him their full attention.

“Transfer flight,” he replied. “You weren’t going any further toward the rim.” Rakkajan snorted.

“I meant hiking along the Rimma TR. Most people I see without a ship are either resettling, which requires a hell of a lot more luggage than one bag, or running from something, which normally involves a lot less haggling.” Vyren thought he saw one eye tighten with annoyance. He couldn’t see the other.
“Research trip.” He answered.

“With no science vessel?”

“Personal research. I’m writing a book.” For a moment Rakkajan just stared then hiccupped a laugh, incredulous. Outside, the continent suddenly spread into view as they swept overhead, like someone pouring forests and plains onto the crystal beauty of the sea.

“Bantha :):):):). Ain’t no one interested in a potted history of the TR or the Nebula Front. That was all over the holonet at the time, and no one wants to remember it.” The tone in Rakkajan’s voice surprised Vyren. He almost filed that away for later, to see where it fitted amongst the other snippets of information he held about them. Then he remembered he had no plan to see either of them again.

“There’s a lot more to history than what’s on the holonet newsfeeds.” Vyren replied with a shrug.

“What? Like that clown Verus Anima? Always squirting his “true facts” about whatever’s got his wookie in a huff that week all over hyperspace. No one gives a womp rat’s arse about it.” Vyren raised one eyebrow for a moment then let it fall. it was a typical reaction from people who wanted to believe Verus Anima, but found belief sat too close to hope, and the empire’s grip left little room for that.

“No, I didn’t mean him. I meant those little remnants of civilisations and societies that no longer exist, but get overlooked for the current configuration of the galaxy. For instance, did you know they speculate at least three different advanced civilisations grew and died right here on Elrood before it was colonised. Just that time has forgotten them. Fragments of great things no one wants to remember because it's belies current societies fragility.”

“What a load of Bantha – “

“Yeah I get it. I know it ain’t for everyone. Like I said, personal interest.” Rakkajan rolled his massive eye and shrugged.

“Archaeology, eh? Well guess if you want to chase around myths about dusty old relics, that’s your business.”

“I’ve got some solid leads.” Vyren smiled slightly to himself. He wondering if this possible jedi survivor from the great Purge, Jeril, would enjoy being called a dusty and old. Assuming he had drawn a true picture from the bits and pieces of information he’d pieced together over the years. And assuming he could find this Jeril and ask him. He had less faith in his ability to do the latter.

With the same casual jolts that had littered their journey, Protec planted the ship on their allocated pad and the restraining straps popped free, retracting with a creak. Vyren stood and stretched; the loose straps and haphazard trip through the atmosphere hadn’t left more that the odd bruise. The goodbyes were perfunctory, and heaving his pack over one shoulder, he hopped out of the large loading door onto the apron. A gaggle of dock administrators scuttled over, stabbing at datapads almost without looking. Vyren walked away and slipped into the currents of the starports flowing traffic.

Though he was here to find a transfer flight, he still had an errand to run. It wasn’t hard to find what he needed; the huge holonet antenna jutted out of the side of the municipal looking building that no doubt housed the flight control centre. It was fifty meters tall if it was a foot and looking impossibly slender. With clusters of smaller antennae suddenly bursting from the complex thatch of struts that made the frame, each gun-barrel straight and spawning yet more wires. Vyren thought it looked like some fractal lightning bolt frozen and cast in carbonite.

Vyren knew the holonet intimately. Until a decade ago he’d been a technical consultant for the final stages of reinstallation for the system for use with the imperial navy. When the Empire moving all news stations under their control, Vyren began actively reporting for local new stations, retrieving footage for whatever story was being primed, doing the boring legwork of data mining, searching and writing, and then sending those through the approved channels. Honest work, and one that broadened his skill set from recalibrating Holonet Transceivers. He logged his reports, collected his pay, and went about whatever report they wanted doing next

But the darkness soon leaked in. Often operating on the fringes of Imperial control, the endless scenes of rebellions and dissention brutally put down by the army changed him. What had been senseless terrorism to a more complex hue, and the Empire’s single-minded, totalitarian approach began to look more and more like it was: Tyranny. His reports and footage took a different tone; instead of sticking to whatever angle they’d asked of him, he strayed from his remit and reported the unalloyed truth. And that made no difference.

When the ‘news’ was finally prepared and packaged for transmission, his reports had been dismantled and reassembled, utterly changing what he had seen back into their original design. And it was a design, he saw. The Galactic News Agencies were little more than mouthpieces for Imperial lies, whispering to the masses to keep calm as the Empire tightened its choke hold. He stopped sending his reports and footage, instead trying to find someone, anyone, who’d believe him. For a year he wandered around with the truth in his hands, looking for a way to get it out into the light, until finally he’d made a breakthrough. Within a poorly mothballed Holonet Waystation, he found a working line into the underlying code of the net itself. It was a start, but it might just give him access to the keys he needed. He repaired it, stabilised its decaying orbit, then found the nearest planet where he could plan.

The Imperial Security Bureau took him soon after that.

In some cold cave where the air seemed mostly hot nitrogen, his torturers were thorough with him, and yet they seemed more interested in the process rather than asking questions. Thankfully it seemed they had detained him for dissent, rather than for anything to do with the holonet, otherwise they might not have been so casual. Still, it only took a month before he broke and he couldn’t take any more - and then he cut off his own hand to escape.

He lay low for what must have been months, hiding in the salvage yard of some industrial complex, stealing tools and building a new hand. When he finally got off world and began accessing the news databases, he found no mention of himself at all; it seemed they thought one journalist couldn’t be any kind of threat to the might of the empire

He intended to make them regret that decision.

At the base of the antenna, he casually slipped into a small space hidden from view and waited. No one followed. After half hour with no one as much as casting a shadow across the opening while walking past, he dipped into his bag and pulled out one of his microdroids. It was essentially a camera he’d rigged to a proximity sensor, biometric detector and a small anti-grav unit - a crude approximation of one of the camera droids he’d used out in the field to capture footage. Using his array of tools he had an access panel open in a few seconds and spliced the camera output into the powerful circuitry, creating a natural bypass.

Despite the danger, he didn’t breath heavy; his hands were steady, nimble. Perhaps ninety seconds had elapsed before he finished the new transmission configuration. It was crude, but he knew it worked. Plus it left the minimal software trail should the Empire track it back to source. Finally he pulled off the little finger of his right hand, and slotted the exposed interface adapter into the camera.

As Verus Anima he’d sent dozens of reports into the holonet, exposing the truth of what the Empire really was, pulling back the curtain to reveal the ugly, malicious workings of their power. And all of them had been done this way. The carrier virus was designed to find a specific ‘live’ broadcast, one he’d spent weeks identifying - hacking too deeply into the Empire’s intelligence network raised too many alerts, and so he could only really monitor the data going in and out. Then it was a case of using the old waystation he had repaired to identify a single transceiver’s access codes so he could get his program into the data stream unfiltered by Imperial Security, and there it would wait until the broadcast was transmitted. His new report would piggy-back onto that signal and overwrite it when it was executed.

It was time consuming and dangerous, and against the sheer size of the Empire’s proprganda machine, his handful of reports a year seemed pitiful. But it was what he could do, and if that kept the rebellion’s morale high enough to keep fighting, or recruited even just a hundred citizens to their cause, it was worth it.

With the report copied from his microdroid and held within the virus code, he quickly unplugged everything and stuffed it into his bag. He didn’t care about fixing the panel - no one would notice in time anyway. Swinging it over he shoulder, he took a deep breath and strode smoothly back out into the starport as though the small niche was nothing more than a toilet cubicle.

The program was due to execute in three hours. Vyren intended to be on another ship in half that and heading towards Lanthrym. There he would hunt down Jeril Rain, and his next report, carefully edited to ensure the Empire wouldn’t know where to look, would bring hope to the rebellion that perhaps a sliver of the galaxy before the Empire’s rule remained.

97mg

Explorer
2-IB-X

"We've arrived!" He says with a wide grin. "I'll take you to Sawthawnes place straight away. Be sure to give a fake name to the inspectors if they trouble to ask. Oh and I have to warn you, it's a lot colder here than you're probably used too." He says grabbing a thick overcoat.

[Jihahna, 2-IB-X: What do you do?

Sezarious said:
She smiles at the surgical unit "Well Anne, I assume you are ready for Departure?"

2-IB-X (Aboard the Black Starlight):

The ramshackle droid stood to Jihahna's left, obediently waiting like a well-trained hound. Neck bearings squeaked a little as the unit turned her visual sensors... dark glassy "eyes", to regard her much respected owner. Any comparison to an intergalactic domestic pet petty much ended there though. The droid was clearly of an early vintage, possibly a manufacturer's experiment or miniaturization of a traditional 2-IB by the long gone Geentech Corp. Had she been sold off when they went into administration? 2-IB-X had certainly been around the block a few times. "Anne" as she preferred to be called, was a rusty, manky, hotchpotch, waist-height servant with a tendency to rattle, among other things.

Anne would go anywhere with Jihahna. Indeed her processors had well and truly linked the human woman to numerous lines of deep-seated code, expressions of self-aware constructs like "friendship", "respect" and making her masters life a little easier, a little longer, even if only by a tiny degree.

Her analysis of the surrounding world was as complex as the bastardized parts that kept her ticking. Anne's sensors were tuned for factual information and close range analysis, yet lines were blurred. Old data, fragmented blocks of un-deleted code sat like stranded fools on long-lost islands, occasionally yelling into the distance and distorting her binary view on things. It was amazing what an extra "1" or "0" could do when left in the wrong place.

"Anne is ready to proceed with you Jihahna. I hear it is a lovely time of year to visit here. Your health is stable, but I recommend you take action to prevent any potential cold, influenza or hypothermia during our stay. I will monitor the local conditions and recommend preventative treatment should the need arise."

The voice was calm, youthful and decidedly feminine as the vocabulator conveyed the message in basic. Anne was ready, well-charged and excited to serve and see somewhere new.

Last edited:

Shun001

Explorer
Tie Pilot 165558

Dorok: -Speaking Basic- "Can you hear me tie-pilot?!" He bellows, looming over you threateningly.

~Ah, they do not seem to like me. Let me see what my options are.~
He took a couple moments to breathe deeply and calm his shaking breath. Feeling began to come back into his limbs in the form of sharp tinges of pain. his vibrant green eyes now tracking the figure questioning him. He spoke slowly mustering up the strength to be precise and coherent.

Tie Pilot: "I... I can hear you. Mind filling me in on my situation here?" He asked politely.

Dorok: reaches down with his gloved hand and clamps it around your throat. "This is the situation Imperial scum!" He says squeezing the air supply from your lungs. As you choke he continues. "...The only question you should be asking yourself is what you can offer me that might make me stop? It better be good though, I really enjoy this!" He grins.

~What a fine situation I seem to have found myself in...~ Struggling to gain command of his arm he reaches for the arms around his throat tearing out monitoring patches and the IV dripper. Knowing full well he is not strong enough to resist the man he pats his arm hoping to signal a willingness to continue dialogue.

Dorok: Relaxes his grip just enough to let you gasp for air. "Lets here it?" He asks with deadly cruelty.

He coughs a few times, small spatters of blood seemingly have found its way up to his lips. His neck sore from the mans grip he replied to him steadfastly hoping to give insight that may possibly save his own life.

Tie Pilot: "I can tell a great number of things but to get you to believe my information I must first ask... have you ever captured a Tie Pilot before?"

Dorok: Laughs. "No I haven't. Imperial personnel are usually worth zilch in ransom so there's little point wasting resources keeping you alive."

Tie Pilot: "And most of us would rather go down in the cockpit then be captured. On the chance we are captured though they condition us with forms of mental reconditioning... brainwashing... to state our branch and soldier ID number. I am currently resisting that conditioning as we speak."

Vlaad: (Sense Motive Check: = 26) "He's telling the truth Captain."

Dorok: Hmmphs. "Well he needs to do better than that!"

Tie Pilot:
"I joined the Empire military hoping to make a change that could save my people. I originally intended to make changes from the inside but it seems that has gone ass up. I can provide asset location, patrol routines, low to medium security clearances... well enough to provide a working operation window, and the skills that come with an empire trained fighter pilot. I only ask no harm done to the innocent or you may as well kill me now."

Dorok: Punches you directly in your bandage causing you to gasp in extreme pain and almost faint into unconsciousness. "IMPERIAL SCUM KILL INNOCENTS EVERYDAY!" He roars.

~That reaction... I think I can work with him.~
He bites his lip bearing the pain, his teeth sheering off parts of his bottom lip as he began to bleed profusely from the location.

Tie Pilot: "I know they kill the innocent! *cough* I want to change that as much as anyone else... I avoided being a stormtrooper or a bomber pilot for that exact reason! The empire has taken many friends from me in either labor camps or brainwashing. I just want to stop it!"

Dorok: Glares. "I am a PIRATE!" He says resuming his grip around your throat with a vengeance. "IN CASE I DIDN'T MAKE THAT CLEAR!"

Vlaad: "Captain, I suggest you get those Imperial patrol routines and codes before you kill him."

Dorok: Hesitates and releases your throat again. "Very well, I'll let you question him further Vlaad. If he holds anything back kill him."

Vlaad: "And what of the freighters cargo? It's possible he knows how to access it?"

Dorok: Huffs. "Doubtful."

Tie Pilot: "If your talking about 453 Heavy's cargo I may be able to help. I would have to see the cargo first" He labored out after being choked a second time

Last edited by a moderator:

narayan

Explorer
2-IB-X, Gria, Jihahna,

bb7a963e-eaab-496f-8fcc-72087bc189de.png~original

Sawthawne's Place______________________________

Sawthawane's Place is deep in the lower levels of Fuar Settlement Station where foul-mouthed laborers and miners make up the clear majority. Law officers and surface-level administrators rarely venture down here. Up on the surface levels, visitors depend on the rule of laws and regulations. Here in the lower levels it's every man for himself.

Gangs of thugs roam the corridors preying on the weak and the loners, collecting 'protection money' and 'rent' from anyone they manage to intimidate, sometimes killing those they cant. The only protection the mining firms offer is a few roaming security droids and 'volunteer peace-officers' who earn a few extra credits a day. Given the risk volunteers are few and far between, and may even be just as corrupt as the gangs they're supposed to combat.

Workers depend on loan-sharks to hold credits for them like a bank so gangs can't rob them blind. Workers who miss their shifts or perform poorly are punished another way. They are simply thrown off station property for failure to fulfill their contract. Loan-sharks have another use in such circumstances, they can front the cost of a repulsor-train ticket to another settlement (at a rediculous interest rate) so the unfortunate worker doesn't quickly freeze to death.

Mining on Lanthrym isn't just the worst sort of work there is, it's the only readily-available work for its people (and the sizeable Gamorrean population). Commoners born and raised on Lanthrym usually haven't had more than a couple twenty-credit chips to rub together at one time. It is a poverty-stricken world lorded over by executives, administrators and political officials that hoard most of the mining profits for themselves.

Commoners with unusual aptitude in higher-education may sometimes be promoted to assist administrators and government officials, though they rarely ever achieve real power themselves. Only relatives and inlaws of established leaders are given choice desk jobs.

Spacers and foreign investors provide the only real opportunity here for commoners. Every child growing up on Lanthrym has dreamed of earning a job on a starship or another world far from this frozen hell. Even so, locals easily take offense to big-headed visitors who look down their noses at hard-working folk. As such, Gria has a few words of caution as you leave the docking bay and head for the nearest elevator.

Gria: "It's ok to look mean but don't poke your blaster in anyone's face who isn't asking for it. Locals here don't take kindly to off worlders throwing their weight around. There's plenty of gangs in the lower levels that can ruin our day, and that's exactly where we're headed, so keep your wits about you."

Together the three of you descend down eight levels into a maze of shadows and darkness created out of crudely cut corridors and seemingly randomly excavated caverns. The air tastes oddly of salt, which of course is the only mineral worth anything on this frozen rock.

Groups of weary-eyed laborers and miners lead the way, eager to spend their meager savings on entertainment, food and drink at the most infamous restaurant/bar in this region of Lanthrym. Sawthawne's is renowned for crude bloodsports that serves a useful purpose. Workers who've reached their wits end in the mines can risk it all to earn a purse fighting to the death in Sawthawne's 'Kill Box'.

As you descend the steps into Sawthawne's you soon recognize where these fights take place. Formed of thick transparisteel, the Kill Box dominates the center of the room so all the patrons can observe the violence up close and personal. Scheduled bouts occur twice daily, sometimes more frequently whenever two spacers have a score to settle.

Innocent arguments and shoving contests between patrons are usually egged on by the crowd with shouts of "KILL-BOX KILL-BOX KILL-BOX!" If both parties agree, terms are decided about what weapons are used. A small armory of primitive bladed melee weapons, vibro-weapons, blasters and slug-throwers are available on loan. Explosives and grenades are not permitted of course.

Besides that, Sawthawne's Place has all the usual attractions. A stage full of dancing girls, quality food and drink, holo-games and an old fashioned pool table. Of course no one who enters Sawthawne's place should have any illusions about the owner and the nature of his associates. Sawthawne surrounds himself with capable killers, scoundrels and criminals from many dark corners of the galaxy hoping to aggressively expand his sphere of influence and raise above the level of mid-tier crime lord.

Gria nods to a pair of burly Gamorrean guards at the base of the stairs, leading you through a rowdy crowd towards the far end of the common room where Sawthawne's private audience chamber can be found. Flanking that door are two half-circular benches and tables where 'honored guests' and most important henchmen can relax, survey the room, or conduct smaller business deals. A Dangerous-looking Trandoshan warrior rises to his feet as Gria approaches.

Trandoshan%20Thug.jpg~original

Gria: Greets the Trandoshan in a casual tone. "Hello Fess. I'm here to see the Boss."

Fess: Hisses "Sawthawne was expecting you back a week ago?"

Gria: Spreads his hands in a gesture of excuse. "Things don't always go to plan Fess, I got held up."

Fess: "You better have a better explanation than that for the boss!" He grunts, shifting his reptile-eyes over to the female behind him. "Who's she?"

Gria: "She's got information the boss will want to hear."

Fess: Hisses "She'll have to leave her weapons here with me first."

[2-IB-X, Jihahna: What do you do?]

Last edited:

Sezarious

Explorer
Jihahna Darut

Jihahna well and truly knows what sort of behaviour is expected around a crime lord. She hated parting with her weapon, but she did not let on, immediately complying with the Trandoshan, she removed her rifle from her back, removing the fully charged power pack from it as a soldier might render a gun safe. Taking the strap from it as well as the power pack and pocketing them, she gave the rifle a quick visual scan, noting the galactic product code to the creature.

Jihahna:"Product code DC-15A-107-385-116-636". With that, she hands him her weapon.

Without a further word, she prepares to move forward with Gria. Her face appears calm, though she was a little nervous, mainly because she needed this crime lord to be influential enough to protect her from Jabba, and, assuming he was, that her information would be valuable enough for him to keep her.

narayan

Explorer
Jeril, Melvor

Icebreaker Spacer Bar__________________________________________________

Jeril: "What we should be discussing is how we can strike a blow against the empire in this sector? I may not have been born on this frigid ice ball, but it's been my home as long as Coruscant ever was. I wouldn't want an occupation here like there has been on Derilyn."

Melvor: "The resistance has plans I assure you. What I need to know is what exactly you can provide?"

Jeril: "I don't have a crate full of grenades to offer you personally, but I know where I can find some."

Melvor: "Sounds like this is a different sort of arrangement entirely. What's the catch?"

Jeril: "The catch is how good you are with a blaster?"

Melvor: "I'm no soldier. I used to be an engineer actually."

Jeril: "What kind of engineer?"

Melvor: "An astro-mechanical engineer for the empire, stationed at the Sluis Van shipyards. Once I heard of the bombing of Paran I returned home immediately. I've been part of the resistance ever since living underground."

Jeril: "Hmm... putting our hands on a significant quantity of weapons won't be easy for me without help. We may have to rely on your credits afterall. Speaking of credits, can I see what you brought with you?"

Melvor: Opens the fold of his jacket, peeling back the liner to reveal stacks of 20-credit bills. "There's ten thousand here. What kind of deal would your employer offer me?"

Jeril: "Not a great one. Even with my glowing recommendation he'd take one look at you and expect you were a pushover... no offense. He's wary of new faces anyway, that's where I come in. Off-worlders who talk big about placing big orders need to be vetted before they sit down at a table with Sawthawne."

Vela knocks again and enters with the tray of drinks she promised.

Jeril: Flicks her a twenty credit chip and thanks her, grabbing his usual tankard of Corellian spiced ale swallowing deeply. "Ahh that's the stuff!" He smiles at Vela. "You're an angel!"

Vela: Rolls her eyes. "Whatever you say!" And ducks back through the curtain.

Melvor: Smirks and takes a drink of his whiskey, followed by coffee.

Jeril: Burps "Normally I'd sit here with you here all day, faking delays about a meeting until I wore down your patience and you were drunk enough to reveal your true nature."

Melvor: "Is your boss the only game around?"

Jeril: "Not at all, but other options are riskier, even if they might be cheaper. There's a big-shot pirate captain named Dorok who also keeps a nice stockpile of weapons..." Jeril says, pausing to take another drink as if merely mentioning Dorok's name requires it. "He's quite nasty, full of bluster and arrogance; generally difficult to deal with. But he does owe me a favor..."

Melvor: "Could he arrange transport for the weapons also?"

Jeril: "I wouldn't trust him that far. Hire a smuggler."

Melvor: "Where can we find Dorok?"

Jeril: "He has a base about 20 kilometers from this station. It's easy to find, a repulsor-rail extension off the main tracks leads straight too it. Dorok hates uninvited visitors though, so much so that he usually blasts them on sight."

Melvor: "What do you suggest?"

Jeril: "Dorok sends someone to the station every week or so for supplies. We could tag along with them and avoid the worst of the unwelcome treatment. Don't bring all those credits with you though. Take enough to get his attention but be firm that payment in full will only be made once the goods are loaded into a freighter of your choosing."

Melvor: "Sounds like a plan. I appreciate your help Jeril and I'll compensate you for your trouble."

Jeril: Shakes his head. "No need. Striking back against the empire is compensation enough."

Melvor: "What of the consequences of double-crossing Sawthawne?"

Jeril: "Don't worry about me, I always keep something up my sleeve..." Jeril says revealing his tattoo again.

Melvor: "What does it say?"

Jeril:
"My ally is the force."

Last edited:

narayan

Explorer
Cossa, Dorok, Tenya, Tie Pilot, Vlaad

Dorok Zalaster's Pirate Base________________

Game Master said:
Dorok: Hesitates and releases your throat again.
Game Master said:
"Very well, I'll let you question him further Vlaad. If he holds anything back kill him."

Vlaad: "And what of the freighters cargo? It's possible he knows how to access it?"

Dorok: Huffs. "Doubtful."

Tie Pilot: "If your talking about 453 Heavy's cargo I may be able to help. I would have to see the cargo first" He labored out after being choked a second time.

Cossa: Speaks up. "I told you there was something odd about that freighter, captain."

Dorok: Turns to glare at Cossa. "I don't need you to tell me that!"

Cossa: "We were lucky that distress beacon was only picked up by a passing systems patrol craft. What if it was a Star Destroyer?! ...Whatever cargo that freighter carries isn't worth the loss of this base and everything we've worked for. I say we destroy it!"

Dorok: Steps out of the containment chamber and backhands Cossa. The pirate stumbles back, catching himself on the edge of a table with a bloody bruise marred against his cheek. "Suggestion noted, and rejected! I GIVE THE ORDERS AROUND HERE!" Dorok shouts.

Cossa: Catches his breath, wiping blood away from his face. "Yes captain!" He mutters with clear resentment in his eyes.

Dorok: Leans forward eyeballing his handiwork more closely "Does that hurt? I should space-you for failing to kill this tie-pilot in the first place! I told you there had to be no witnesses!"

Cossa: Shakes his head. "It's nothing short of a miracle that he survived re-entry and a crash landing in an eyeball with a blown panel!"

Dorok: Lowers his voice to a private level. "If this imp helps us get our spoils I will forgive your failure Cossa. If not, consider that bruise a mere prelude of the pain coming your way." Dorok sneers
and turns again to the containment chamber. "Report to me as soon as you've finished questioning him Vlaad."

Vlaad:
"Yes captain!"

Dorok: Looks to Tenya.
"See too it that your patient is strong enough to leave the infirmary asap. I intend to have that cargo by days-end, one way or another!"

Tenya: Swallows.
"But captain..."

Dorok: Growls
"No more excuses!" He says turning to Cossa once more. "You brought the imp here so I'm holding you responsible for him! ...
Ironic isn't it? Your fate rests in the hands of the pilot you shot down!" Dorok laughs and strolls out of the infirmary.

Tenya: Immediately rushes back into the containment chamber and hurriedly re-attaches the I.V. and other medical equipment to the prisoner.

Vlaad: Steps over to the table meanwhile looking down at him with the faintest smile.
"So that was our good captain... lucky for you your arrival perked up his mood somewhat. As you already overheard, my name is Vlaad, a Koorivar. What is your name and homeworld?" He asks calmly.

[Tie Pilot: What do you do? Don't forget to attempt a bluff check if you lie about anything.]

Last edited:

97mg

Explorer
2-IB-X

Fess: Hisses "She'll have to leave her weapons here with me first."

[2-IB-X, Jihahna: What do you do?]

2-IB-X: Jihahna's metal side-kick stayed still and quiet as the introductions were made. The droid had learned to fully trust her human counterpart, to follow along, and this was not a time to overuse the vocabulator or strike up one of thousands of pre-programmed conversations.

Her silent scans of this stranger's face "connected the dots", ~Data entry CF667409: motion and digital rendition detects Trandoshan warrior and early signs of hostile demeanor... Proceeding with caution... next data block opened.~

A Kill-Box. The whole concept was a polar opposite to all that the droid stood for, life, preservation, extension of time. It was unsettling that these people would toss their lives away on a whim. About now might be a good time to hide, but Anne reluctantly had to stay, protect Jihahna at all costs. The question was, would they consider Anne a "weapon"? She would let them decide. Besides, how much damage could a medical droid do? Tucked away amongst her tools afterall, was a medical laser, surgical saws, blades and the like, designed to heal, yet when required they could also "deal".

A light whirring came from Anne's neck bearing again as her tiny dark face swiveled to look to her owner, watching, waiting, preparing for the next move.

narayan

Explorer
2-IB-X, Fess, Gria, Jihana

Sawthawne's Place___________

Fess takes the Light Repeating Blaster from Jihahna and gestures to Gria to proceed. The smuggler leads you into a decadent room floored in polished marble. Within this room the lighting is largely subdued making it harder to see the four guards lurking in dim shadows. Alien artifacts are prominently displayed on glowing pedestals before walls which also bear extravagant back-lit paintings. In one corner of the room is a private bar lit-up by neon accent lighting. In another corner a four-armed alien musician sits upon a chair playing two instruments at once in a pleasing and clever interweaving melody.

At the center of the room is a low couch raised on a glowing dais surrounded by a low-railing. Affixed to the railing are several display screens making his couch seem much like the captains chair of a ships bridge. Sawthawne himself sits upon the coach in the company of two of his dancing girls. A third leans up against the bar ready to serve drinks. Before the dais, on the other side of the low-railing are four well-padded stools, for guests. There are also two circular card tables where games of Sabbac are played. Currently only one of the tables is occupied by four spacers surrounding a sizeable stack of credit bills and chips beneath a dim spotlight over the table.

Sawthawne is a Lutrillian, standing at a slight 1.5 meters covered in thick pale skin over a deep layer of fat, keeping him well insulated from Lanthrym's deep chill. His fingers end in claw-like fingernails. Sawthawnes faces is broad and wrinkled, with facial furrows that deepen and change depending on his emotional state. He has a big, cleft mouth, wide, flat nose, and large, wide-set, black eyes with heavy lids. He also has pointed ears stuck straight up from the sides of his head that appear very keen in hearing.

Lutrillian.jpg~original

Sawthawne is dressed in a burgundy tunic with a fine blue scarf wrapped around the fat-rolls of his neck. His eyes look very dull and lifeless, like a dolls, but his expression certainly seems to stiffen as Gria approaches and lowers his head respectfully.

The space before the dais (containing the stools) is lit by a sort of dim spotlight making visitors easier to examine. Sawthawne himself is pretty well lit-up by the glimmering data-displays affixed to the railing.

Gria: -Speaking Basic- "Boss Sawthawne, I have returned..."

Sawthawne: -Speaks Basic with a blubbery voice- "You're late Gria!"

Gria: "A fact for which I am sincerely apologetic!" Gria says lowering his head even further.

Sawthawne: Huffs "Apologies won't save you! Who is this female you bring before me?"

Gria: Steps to one side so Sawthawne can get a clearer look at Jihahna. "She's a mercenary I picked up in the Arkanis Sector. Jabba the hutt has a price on her head."

Sawthawne: Chortles. "A pity for her!" He remarks leaning forward to peer at her more closely. "What is your name mercenary?" He asks.

[2-IB-X, Jihahna: What do you do? Please describe your characters appearance.]

Last edited:

Remove ads