Prestidigitation: What is it good for?

Murrdox

First Post
You could use it to cover your skin in purple polka dots, and try to convince the Troll that if he eats you, he'll get a nasty disease.

Taloras

First Post
Lessee....i like all the ideas presented so far....we mainly use it to clean off. Every spellcaster i play takes the spell. Hows this? a wizard w/ a low con (and therefore, cant drink much alcohol) wants to impress the fighter. does prestidigitation b4 going into the bar. uses prestidigitation to make every drink that passes his lips turn to water. easy enuf. especially when you order the strongest alcohol.

Thimble the Squit

First Post
Taloras said:
Lessee....i like all the ideas presented so far....we mainly use it to clean off. Every spellcaster i play takes the spell. Hows this? a wizard w/ a low con (and therefore, cant drink much alcohol) wants to impress the fighter. does prestidigitation b4 going into the bar. uses prestidigitation to make every drink that passes his lips turn to water. easy enuf. especially when you order the strongest alcohol.

I wouldn't actually allow that, since purify food and drink is a 1st-level spell. I might allow it to not taste 'hot' so your wizard doesn't grimace when knocking back the shots (which could be worth a Bluff bonus or something). It shouldn't prevent him from getting drunk, however. Nice idea though.

My standard use for prestidigitation is to shave in the morning, clean and press my robes, polish my shoes and straighten out all those annoying cricks in my back from sleeping on hard ground. Of course, the night before, if I'd had another cantrip prepared, I'd have made that hard ground nice and comfy...

This spell gives wizards and bards personality. While your fighter is grumbling and miserable in the morning, with bad helmet hair and knots in his shoulders from the third night in a row sleeping in chanmail, your bard is groomed and clean and presentable. Now, if that isn't the definition of a high Charisma, I don't know what is!

frankthedm

First Post
I would let the prestidigitation work like that for the hour, but then the substance reverts back and wizard will be in BIG trouble.

Storminator

First Post
IMC the bard went over the battle field sorting dead from merely wounded. The wounded got a tiny flame over them, so the cleric could quickly run from wounded to wounded, healing until his spells ran out.

PS

Rel

Liquid Awesome
This spell may not have the sort of "bang" of an attack spell. But I'd take it over Ray of Frost any day.

I was playing a Wizard in a previous campaign and when the party got ready to camp in the evening, I said, "I'm casting Prestidigitation." The DM said, "And doing what with it?"

"Well, first I'll clean all our clothes and give us a nice, slightly minty fresh smell. Then I'll Gather up all the sticks out of the area where we want to pitch our tent so we won't have to sleep on them. I'll use Firefinger to set the sticks on fire. When the fighter gets back from gathering other firewood, he'll find that his ale is nicely Chilled. Then I'll put the stew pot on the fire and give it a head start to boiling by Warming it up (to 140 F). After that I'll prepare the stew ingredients, making liberal use of my spell to keep them Clean (nobody likes gritty stew) and to add Flavor to them. If there's time left over after that, I'll Sew any minor rips and tears in the party's clothing and Warm myself up a nice, after-dinner cup of tea."

Great spell.

delkain

First Post
I actually use the spell quite often. (Mostly cleaning my robes) But one of the more useful applications is the sweep as I was able to sweep away a dangerous mold that the party encountered.

Delkain

Taloras

First Post
Thimble the Squit said:

I wouldn't actually allow that, since purify food and drink is a 1st-level spell. I might allow it to not taste 'hot' so your wizard doesn't grimace when knocking back the shots (which could be worth a Bluff bonus or something). It shouldn't prevent him from getting drunk, however. Nice idea though.

Well, it does say it can change stuff, as long as it stays in the same category. And as long as you leave before the hour is over.....and get a remove poison....lol.

dreaded_beast

First Post
think it could be used to make another NPC's clothes smell bad? like at a party and make it appear that the local lord has stepped in something he wasn't supposed to?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases