Saga houserules?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
So, any time I brought this up on the wotc forums, I got (proverbially) screamed at, so I'm hoping to get some actual feedback here. ��

Who makes significant house rules to SWSE, and what ya got?

Things my group is considering:

Prestige classes at slightly lower level. Reduce lvl and bab reqs to aim at 5th lvl, and allow taking then at same level you qualify for it.
Related: At first level, each class gets a bonus talent.
Those two frontload the game a bit, but also make it much easier to quickly be playing the actual character concept you want to play, instead of spending a handful of.levels playing a something only vaguely related.

Dueling Block. Any character can try to block a melee attack as long as they are wielding a melee weapon with which they are proficient, using an attack role.

Common talents: Introduce a series of talents that anyone can take, like force talents for muggles.

Combat Manuevers: A feat similar to force training and the starship one. 1+wis maneuvers, relying on a variety of skills, doing cool combat tricks. Maybe also out of combat stuff like slicing.

Advanced haggle checks. Opposed checks in turns. A scale from -50% to +50% price, represented by d6s in a line. Starts in the middle, moves according to check results, with options for deception to misrepresent the product, intimidation, ECT. Insight, obv.

Thoughts?

Redthistle

Explorer
Supporter
Check out this website for ideas:

http://www.starwarsrpgindex.com/

The SWSE was not really popular, which had a lot to do with ending the contract between Lucas Films and WotC. This website is better than any of the others I have found over the years.

The only group I played this RPG with broke up within a few months (that was about 10 years ago), so there was not much at all in the way of house rules that we developed, and your OP already went farther than anything we had.

doctorbadwolf

Love that site. Esp since wotc books are notoriously terribly indexed, and options are spread around like glitter after a tornado.
Always confused me how unpopular SWSE apparently was. IMO its the best SW rpg with the possible exception of the WEG game. But mostly I love the WEG supplements. SE is by far the best game, IMO.
FFG's version had potential, but for me, it just didn't work. I'm not here to play Jedi in one campaign, rebels Ina nother and smugglers and the like in a third, so trying to sell me three compatable games, where compatable is used loosely, and is only true if you don't care much about balance, just doesn't work for me.

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
Some of ours:
Force Points - Are per play session. Roll 1d4 + Cha Modifier (unless you have Strong with the Force then it's 1d6 + Cha Modifier) Makes for more crazy stuff. But it applies to the bad guys as well.

Bonus Feat:
Jedi / Solider get Martial Arts I as a bonus feat
The other classes get a choice of Skill Focus or Skill Training as a bonus feat

Block/Deflect - same Talent. If you choose one you get the other. (This one we are experimenting with currently.)

doctorbadwolf

I've been thinking about also replacing the follower rules with a system that lets a character have a crew, squad. Etc that can act as backup, but dont really work as part of the party. More of a narrative tool that occasionally can be used in a more direct way. Maybe integrate them with the organization rules.

Remove ads