Winter Fantasy Roll Call

NeverLucky

First Post
The people that would learn what's at Fai Chen would be literally lining up for Fai Chen and would otherwise learn what's in it in a couple of minutes. The boost in speed and efficiency is vastly more important than some imagined increase in potential power gaming.

wgmccandless

Villager
I'm in both of the Track A series of events, 222/Slot 2 and 727/Slot 7. Also playing in a Core 3-1 game on Wednesday night. My first WF and am looking forward to 30+ hours of D&D.

wgmccandless

Villager
Looking at my schedule, I'm in a number of back to back sessions all day for a couple days in a row. This will be my first WF experience so don't quite know the lay of the land. What is the food/drink situation like? Any good resturaunts close by and any that stay open past 11pm?

Thanks

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
This will be my first WF experience so don't quite know the lay of the land. What is the food/drink situation like? Any good resturaunts close by and any that stay open past 11pm?
Just walking a few blocks up and down the one-way street in front of the Convention Center...
...Towards the attached parking garage (with traffic): Wendys, Burger King, Subway.
...Opposite direction (against traffic), King Gyros, Taco Bell, Arbys, McDonalds

Walking away from the Convention Center:
Thirsty Camel (bar / food). Powers Hamburgers. A small 1950s-era diner (forget the name; will edit it in later). Firehouse Café - in an old fire station. Starbucks. The former bus transfer district is katty-corner from the hotel, there are still a number of 'hole-in-the-wall' snack shoppes there - one is a Polish-themed bar. The Library hosts a munchie shop (menu items picked to be not-messy).

A bunch of hotels were built in a cluster around the Convention Center; they each have some sort of restaurant in them (probably expensive unless you are renting a room with them).
You will be opposite the baseball field, which has its own set of small shoppes - which may or may not be open in the depth of winter - built along the street-facing sides.

If something goes REALLY wrong for you / your friends, St. Joe Hospital has a cafeteria in the basement.

If you have access to a car, your options open up considerably; Downtown is not exactly full of well-marked restaurants, but the shopping malls a mile or two away to the west DO have lots of eateries.

Now that I think about it, since I live in Ft. Wayne, I navigate to most of these places by memory not by name or by map. :blush:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases