Kronos's d20 Stuff

kronos182

Adventurer
Outrider

The outrider is a fast, decently armoured, and armed bike used for reconnaissance or fast attack. Equipped with twin weapons mounted just above the front wheel, and rocket thrusters in the back for great boosts in speed for short period of times. It comes with a flex fuel engine, allowing it to operate off of virtually any combustible liquid, which greatly adds to its flexibility in the use of scouting missions, especially when behind enemy lines or when normal fuel isn't readily available. The heavy suspension and run flat tires allows the outrider to go off-roading.
To aid in its recon roll, the Outrider has armoured cargo containers behind the rider, which aid to provide some protection to the rider as well. The headlight has an infrared mode to allow it to work with infrared goggles and nightvision systems built into any helmets the driver might be wearing, for better stealth traveling at night.
The outrider is one square wide, two squares long and provides one-quarter cover. Carries enough fuel for approximately 6 hours of driving at full speed.

Outrider (PL5-6)
Crew: 1
Passengers: 0
Cargo: 50 lbs
Init: -1
Maneuver: +1
Top Speed: 200 (20)
Defense: 9
Hardness: 8
Hit Points: 30
Size: Large
Purchase DC: 29
Restriction: Mil
Accessories: Infrared headlight, military radio with helmet link, two fire-linked 5.56mm carbines, rocket thrusters, mount for sidecar.
Notes: Two fire-linked 5.56mm carbine machineguns, designed to allow for cased and caseless ammunition with a simple conversion kit that comes with the Outrider. Holds 100 rounds for each weapon. 3d8 ball, 75 ft, s,a.
Rocket Thrusters allows outrider to perform dash maneuver with +2 to Drive check, increasing speed to 300 (30) for up to 5 rounds (30 seconds) at a time, with 10 uses before the fuel rods need to be replaced. Fuel rod PDC 12, Restricted (+2).
Run flat tires allow the outrider to continue running but at -50 (-5) speed without any penalties to drive checks.
Control display shows ammo counter, fuel gauge, other standard displays for bikes and weapon control/status of any weapon sidecars.

Sidecar
The outrider can mount a sidecar, giving the outrider several options. All sidecars provide the following: reduce speed by -20 (including rocket thrusters), -1 maneuver, adds 15 HP to outrider. Has a fuel tank to allow for another 2 hours of driving.

Passenger Sidecar - This sidecar can hold a person fairly comfortably, even in armour. Provides half cover for the passenger and has a pintle mounting for a heavy infantry weapon, plus enough room for large ammunition capacity. The weapon can fire forward and to the side opposite the side the outrider is on. Can carry an additional 50 lbs of cargo. If the weapon is removed, another 100 lbs of cargo can be carried instead. PDC 15

Cargo Sidecar - This side car is designed for cargo only, although a person could attempt to sit in it, if the top is left open, but highly dangerous. Holds up to 300 lbs of cargo in a 5 foot long, 3 foot wide, 2 foot tall area. PDC 10

Heavy Gun Sidecar - This sidecar contains a machine gun and a light cannon for heavy strikes. The controls are linked to the display and fire control of the outrider. A targeting system displays what the weapons are pointed at on the display or even through a helmet HUD system. The weapons are mounted on a semi turret, allowing them to raise and lower up to 30 degrees, and up to 15 degrees to either side, making it a little easier to hit targets. PDC 30, Mil +3.
Weapons .50 cal machinegun 2d12, 20, ball, 100 ft, a, linked (400 rounds).
15mm cannon, 3d12, 20, ball, 150ft, s,a, 20 box.

Missile Sidecar - This sidecar is similar to the heavy gun sidecar, but instead mounts a multi mini missile system. The launcher is designed to launch one to four missiles at the same target. When firing more than one missile at a target, increase damage by 50% and blast radius by 50% per missile fired. Holds 24 missiles. PDC 30, Mil +3

Sensor Sidecar - This sidecar is equipped with an array of sensors, communication and jamming communication systems. Contains several cameras, including sensors on a 20 foot periscope, multiband radio and encryption/decryption system, radio jammer with a 1 mile range. Cameras include infrared, ultraviolet, nightvision, thermal. The jamming system also affects radar and missile guidance systems, causing a -2 penalty to any missile attacks. All radar systems have distortions, making readings difficult, causing -2 penalties to Computer use checks to get accurate readings. Enough onboard memory for up to 24 hours of sensor data. PDC 32, Mil +3.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've also created stuff for the Palladium system.. most notably the EShemarrian thread.. a Fan created expansion/re-image of the Shemarrians from Rifts.

As for WOIN.. I've never played the system so I'd have to get some books for it to see how it works first, but I could in theory do some conversions, eventually..

in the mean time, I'm posting all my d20 stuff, and if I get WOIN, I could convert some of my works. Otherwise.. if you like some of my stuff, and know how to convert it, give credit for the original concept to me.

To clarify, I was more asking if you'd be interested in being commissioned for some paid freelance work. :)

kronos182

Adventurer
To clarify, I was more asking if you'd be interested in being commissioned for some paid freelance work. :)

Oh.. uh.. well I like money, but I've never written a book for anything. I've done mostly just items, some animals here and there for fun. Something I'd have to think about.. and learn the system, and learn whatever is needed for such a project.
I am definitely flattered at being asked for such a project.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Oh.. uh.. well I like money, but I've never written a book for anything. I've done mostly just items, some animals here and there for fun. Something I'd have to think about.. and learn the system, and learn whatever is needed for such a project.
I am definitely flattered at being asked for such a project.

Well, I tried! You know where I am if you decide it's something you might like to do. Drop me a PM or something if you do.

kronos182

Adventurer
LTB L1
A surprising move in the weapon industry was when discount franchise Less Than a Buck started releasing weapons to gun shops and other facilities that sell weapons. However, their weapons have met with a lot of criticism and complaints. This is mostly due to the fact that to keep in with their policy of selling stuff cheaper than their competitors, the quality of their wares is lower. The L1, their first laser weapon to hit the market is cheap, and light. It is also weaker and has less range than most laser rifles, and it's case is made from a injection moulded plastic, and some still have a bit of rough plastic flash at the edges. Professional soldiers and mercenaries avoid LTB weapons, but many petty criminals and third world warlords love them as they can buy a lot more of them for less, and they're nice and light. The L1 usually comes in a dull metal grey casing, but matte black and two badly done camouflage patterns are available, desert and forest. The L1 looks very much like a toy rifle version of the most popular design of common laser rifles available.

LTB L1 (Personal Weapon Proficiency PL6)
Damage: 3d6
Critical: 20
Damage Type: Fire
Range Increment: 60 ft
Rate Of Fire: Semi
Magazine: 50 box
Weight: 6 lbs
Purchase DC: 16
Restriction: Res (+2)
Note: Due to the cheap construction of the L1, on a roll of natural 1, the weapon's electronics short out, making it useless. This can be repaired with a Repair check DC 17 and 20 minutes of work. The L1 is also inaccurate and suffers a -1 to attack rolls.

LTB L2

Less Than a Buck also released a laser pistol, the L2. The L2 is basically a plastic tube with a plastic handle attached. Simple, cheap, and just as reliable as the L1, meaning not completely. However, criminals and warlords love them, because they are cheap and if one breaks, easily replaceable, which is great for their cannon fodder troops. The L2 only comes in dull gun metal grey and matte black.
LTB L2 (Personal Weapon Proficiency PL6)
Damage: 2d6
Range Increment: 20 ft
Rate Of Fire: Semi
Magazine: 50 box
Size: Small
Weight: 2 lbs
Purchase DC: 14
Note: Due to the cheap construction of the L2, on a roll of natural 1, the weapon's electronics short out, making it useless. This can be repaired with a Repair check DC 17 and 20 minutes of work. The L2 is also inaccurate and suffers a -1 penalty to attack rolls.

LTB RG1

After Less Than A Buck actually made a profit and sold over half a million L1s and L2s in only 8 months, they started looking into other weapons. Their research lead into resurrecting gyrojets. After noticing that the performance of gyrojets at close ranges was quite poor until the rocket got up to speed, they decided to use hybrid gyrojets. Using a cheaper form of XZ propellant to give the little rockets a boost out of the barrel which also ignites the rocket so the rocket gets up to speed sooner.
Unfortunately, even though the idea is fairly sound, with LTB using cheaper materials to keep costs down, the performance isn't as good as it could be. Although if LTB can make a passable hybrid gyrojet rifle, other weapon manufacturers are looking into resurrecting gyrojet technology with suitable modern upgrades.

LTB RG1 (Personal Weapon Proficiency Late PL5/PL6)
Damage: 2d8
Damage Type: Ballistic
Range Increment: 100 ft
Magazine: 20 box
Rate of Fire: Semi
Weight: 12 lbs
Purchase DC: 16
Restriction: Lic (+1)
Game Notes: An inaccurate weapon, suffers -1 to attack penalties. On a natural roll of 2 the weapon jams and requires a Repair check DC 12 and 10 minutes to unjam. On a natural roll of 1, the round jams and the rocket explodes dealing 1d6 points of damage per round in the magazine to a 10 ft area and ruins the weapon.
The RG1 can make use of 7.62 caliber rounds using XZ propellant, but on a natural roll of 1 the weapon jams, requiring a Repair check DC 12 and 10 minutes of work to unjam. 

LTB RG2

Released at the same time as the RG1, the RG2, the pistol version of the RG1 rifle. It uses the same ammunition as the RG1, and has the ability to also use standard XZ propellant rounds. Although with the shorter barrel and cheap materials, the RG2 has a higher chance of  exploding in the user's hands than the RG1. The RG2 looks like a toy version of a 1911, but with a somewhat longer barrel and the magazine is directly in front of the trigger guard.

LTB RG1 (Personal Weapon Proficiency Late PL5/PL6)
Damage: 2d8
Range Increment: 50 ft
Magazine: 10 box
Rage of Fire: Semi
Size: Medium
Weight: 2 lbs
Purchase DC: 12
Game Notes: An inaccurate weapon, suffers -1 to attack penalties. On a natural roll of 2 the weapon jams and requires a Repair check DC 12 and 10 minutes to unjam. On a natural roll of 1, the round jams and the rocket explodes dealing 1d6 points of damage per round in the magazine to a 10 ft area and ruins the weapon.
The RG2 can make use of 7.62 caliber rounds using XZ propellant, but on a natural roll of 2 the weapon jams, requiring a Repair check DC 12 and 10 minutes of work to unjam. On a natural roll of 1 the weapon jams and the propellant still goes off and the pressure in the shorter barrel causes it to explode, dealing 1d6 points of damage per round in the magazine to the user and 5 foot area around the user.  

kronos182

Adventurer
LTB JebLight Tank

The Jeb isa light infantry-support tank design, able to perform in varied terrain. TheJeb is straightforward, with a simple, modular design that allows for fast anddirty repairs and modifications with whatever materials/equipment areavailable.
A simple,basic, tread-borne chassis with a provision for a light turret, the Jeb couldbe powered by a variety of low-cost power plants, including flex-fuel internalcombustion or electric power cells. Large battery bays hold rechargeablebatteries for the electrical systems and energy weapons. Seating is tight, butnot uncomfortable, and the tank features a basic environmental system forprotection in contaminated environs. Less Than A Buck offers this cheap, lighttank mostly to mercenaries and other groups that need some armoured fire power.A poor man's tank, many in government armies laugh at a group that fields Jebs,until they find themselves out numbered and surrounded. The Jeb has a largehatch on the main body for the driver and commander, and a hatch on the turretfor the gunner. Takes a full round to enter or leave through a hatch. Takes afull round to start the tank moving. The Jeb is 2 squares wide and 3 squareslong.

Jeb LightTank (Early PL6 tread tank)
Crew: 3(Driver, gunner, commander)
Passengers:None
Cargo: 50lbs inside (small locker for weapons and rations, survival gear), can tow up to5.5 tonnes.
Init: -2
Maneuver:-2
Top Speed:65 (6) mph
Hardness:10
Hit Points:21
PurchaseDC: 37
Restriction:Mil (+3)
Notes/Accessories:Can ford ditches 8 feet wide, radio, two headlights, 1 spotlight on a pivotmount that is manually or controlled from within, air filtration system (+4bonus to crew against airborne toxins and poisons), trailer hitch, weaponlocker for two rifles and 3 pistols with 2 reloads for each, 3 days rations, 2survival kits with 1 three man tent.
The Repairchecks to fix or modify a Jeb are reduced by 3, and PDC for replacement partsare reduced by 1. An electric powered Jeb will have its speed increased to 70mph (7), but loses the ability to recharge the main weapon.
The Jeb isarmed with a light laser cannon which is powered by a dedicated battery thatcan be charged from the main engine over time. A flex-fuel engine can rechargethe battery at a rate of 1 shot every minute of light driving (under 30 mph, orsitting and idling). Has a 50 round battery.
Coaxiallymounted to the laser cannon is a .50 cal machinegun used for lightertargets.
Mounted onthe hull on a mini ball turret is a laser rifle. The laser rifle can be easilyswapped out for other weapons that are available, such as light machinegun orsimilar weapon. Energy weapons have a battery that is basically 4 power packslinked together. Weapons that require physical ammunition, such as a 7.62mmmachinegun will have enough room for 250 rounds. The hull mounted weapon iscontrolled by the commander or the driver.
Box rocketlauncher is mounted on the side of the turret. This launcher can hold 8rockets, usually armed with LAW rockets, or fragmentation rockets, controlledby gunner or commander. Usually holds 4 LAW (same as m72A3 LAW rocket launcher)and 4 fragmentation rockets (8d6 slashing to a 30 ft radius, Reflex save DC 18for half).

Weapon Damage Critical Damage
Type
Range
Increment
Rate of
Fire
Magazine Size Weight Purchase
DC
Restriction
Light Laser Cannon 5d8 20 Fire 200 ft Semi 50 battery - - - -
Coaxial 50 cal Machinegun 2d12 20 Ballistic 100 ft S, A Linked (1000) - - - -
Hull-Mount Laser Special - - 70 ft S, A 200 (battery) - - - -
Box Rocket Launcher varies - varies 150 ft S 8 box - - - -

LTB Recon Vehicle
As Less Than a Buckexpands their catalog, they keep surprising people with their choices. Theirsecond military vehicle is a slightly remodeled version of the Dodge conceptvehicle the ZEO (Zero Emission Operation) car. Remodeled with a heaviersuspension system, larger tires more commonly found on jeeps and light armourplating, but still using an electric engine, although using a more commondesign instead of the original design's.
One of the unique features of the LTB version is on the driver side, runningjust inside of the headlight, is a modular weapons tray. A fully adjustableharness and power connectors and ammunition bay, a person can put in anyinfantry level weapon from a laser or plasma rifle to a twin thundermachinegun, with about 5 minutes of adjusting and connecting proper parts tothe ammunition feeds and to the trigger. The weapon can be controlled by thedriver or the front seat passenger. There is also a mount on the roof above therear seats for another infantry weapon or even a small rocket or grenadelauncher, similar to those mounted on the old Humvees. These mounts areactually designed so that they can be quickly released in the case of thevehicle being disabled, but the crew and passengers are ok.

LTB Recon Vehicle (PL6)

Crew: 1(two passengers could use either of the weapons if they aremounted)
Passengers: 3

Cargo: 250lbs
Init: -1
Maneuver:+1
Top Speed:140 (14)
Defense: 8
Hit Points:33
PurchaseDC: 30 (not counting weapons)
Restriction: Res(+2)
Accessories:Off-road suspension, fixed front weapon harness, roof pintle weapon mount, highpowered multiband radio, electric engine with easy plug-in attachment, GPS
Notes: Mainweapon mount requires only 5 minutes of work with a Repair DC 10 to install theweapon, and two rounds to remove it. The roof mount weapon can be removed orattached as a full round action. Only suffers half penalties for rough terrainto Drive checks. Getting in and out of the rear seats takes a full round as thevehicle is a two door coupe design.
Weapon harness and ammo bays will hold enough ammunition for 500 rounds ofbullets or four power packs can be placed and wired up similar to the setup inthe Jeb light tank. The roof mount can support 200 rounds unless one of therear seats is devoted to ammunition in which case another 300 rounds in a beltcan be used, or magazines.

Battery is good for 8 hours of constant driving before needing tobe recharged, which takes about 3 hours.

LTB Sherman 2
Less Than ABuck's third military vehicle is a medium tank that is a redesign of the old M4Sherman tank of WWII fame. It shares many of the same systems as the Jeb toease in logistics and costs, just on a larger scale. It features heavier armourand armament, but is slower than the smaller Jeb. Shermans are usually armedwith an 80 mm cannon, larger than the original 76 mm, and equipped with anautoloader to aid in speeding up loading between shots. Otherwise the Shermanshares many similar armaments with the Jeb, coaxial .50 cal machinegun, lightweapon mounted on the front hull in a ball turret, and can mount two box rocketlaunchers on the sides of the main turret. However the Sherman is a bit moremodular in the main turret, allowing it to removed easier and replaced withdifferent weapons, including the Jeb's laser cannon, or even some mech weapons,with a few modifications.
The Sherman is either electrically powered, or uses the same flex-fuel systemas the Jeb, but with a 25% increase in fuel capacity. The Sherman is 4 squareslong, 3 squares wide, with a hatch above the driver and commander and one inthe turret. Takes a full round to enter or exit through any of the hatches.Takes two rounds to get the tank moving from a cold start.

Sherman 2 Medium Tank (Early PL6 tread tank)

Crew: 3(Driver, gunner, commander)
Passengers:None
Cargo: 50lbs inside (small locker for weapons and rations, survival gear), can tow up to6 tonnes.
Top Speed:50 (5) mph
Hardness:13
Hit Points:25
Size: Huge
PurchaseDC: 39
Restriction:Mil (+3)
Notes/Accessories:Can ford ditches 8 feet wide, radio, two headlights, 2 spotlight on a pivotmount that is manually or controlled from within, air filtration system (+4bonus to crew against airborne toxins and poisons), trailer hitch, weaponlocker for two rifles and 3 pistols with 2 reloads for each, 3 days rations, 2survival kits with 1 three man tent.
The Repairchecks to fix or modify a Sherman 2 are reduced by 3, and PDC for replacementparts are reduced by 1. An electric powered Sherman will have its speedincreased to 60 mph (6).
The Shermanis armed with a 80 mm cannon, has 30 rounds.
Coaxiallymounted to the 80 mm cannon is a .50 cal machinegun used for lightertargets.
Mounted onthe hull on a mini ball turret is a laser rifle. The laser rifle can be easilyswapped out for other weapons that are available, such as light machinegun orsimilar weapon. Energy weapons have a battery that is basically 4 power packslinked together. Weapons that require physical ammunition, such as a 7.62mmmachinegun will have enough room for 250 rounds. The hull mounted weapon iscontrolled by the commander or the driver.
Box rocketlaunchers are mounted on the sides of the turret. These launchers can hold 8rockets, usually armed with LAW rockets, or fragmentation rockets, controlledby gunner or commander. Usually holds 4 LAW (same as m72A3 LAW rocket launcher)and 4 fragmentation rockets (8d6 slashing to a 30 ft radius, Reflex save DC 18for half).

Weapon Damage Critical Damage
Type
Range
Increment
Rate of
Fire
Magazine Size Weight Purchase
DC
Restriction
80 mm Cannon 8d12 20 Ballistic 200 ft Single 30 box - - - -
Coaxial 50 cal Machinegun 2d12 20 Ballistic 100 ft S, A Linked (1000) - - - -
Hull-Mount Laser Special - - 70 ft S, A 200 (battery) - - - -
Box Rocket Launcher varies - varies 150 ft S 8 box - - - -

Alternate weapon loads for the main turret include the Jeb light laser cannonwith a 50 round battery, but an electrically powered Sherman loses the abilityto recharge the battery.
A laser cannon can be mounted instead. 7d6, 20, fire, 175 feet, semi, 30battery.
The coaxial weapon or the hull weapon can be changed to a flamethrower with a50 shot capacity, dealing 3d6 fire. The hull mounted version would have a 50foot long cone, 25 feet wide, with a Reflex save DC 16 for half. The coaxialversion would have a 10 foot wide, 100 foot long line of fire with a Reflexsave DC 17 for half.
A 30 mm coil gun can be installed instead, but only on a flex-fuel version, andcan not travel more than 30 mph (3 squares) to charge the capacitor.
5d12, 19-20x2, ballistic, 300 feet, single, 60 box. Capacitor is only good for20 shots before needing to recharge, takes 3 rounds to recharge 5 shots. PDC25, PDC 11 for 10 rounds.

Options:
*A pintle mounted infantry rifle can be mounted on the hatch and controlled bythe gunner in the turret, but not remotely, only manually. It would have about100 rounds of ammunition or two power packs available. PDC 5+ weaponinstalled.
*Flamer Defense: This is an anti-infantry defense system, which installs fournozzles around the tank that spit out a fan of fire to keep shaped chargecarrying troops away from the tank. When activated, as a swift action by any ofthe crew, a 15 foot thick circle of fire surrounds the tank, dealing 2d6 pointsof fire damage with a Reflex save DC 19 for half. The system has enough fuelfor 15 bursts. PDC 20

New Options
To make the Sherman even more attractive to prospective buyers, LTB hasreleased several turret or variant models of the Sherman.

Shredder Turret
The shredder turret does away with the box rocket launchers and heavy weaponand mounts two 20 mm rapid fire cannons and two .50 cal machineguns underneath.The turret is longer and thicker than the original to accommodate the largeammo capacity. Shredders are used against large groups of infantry and lightlyarmoured vehicles such as APCs.
2 x 20mm cannons fire-linked 6d10, 19-20x2, ballistic, 150 ft, S/A, 100 rds ea,autofire DC 17
2 fire-linked .50 cal machineguns 3d10, 20x2, ballistic, 100 ft, s/a, 3000 rdsea, autofire DC 17
Decrease speed by 5 mph due to extra weight
PDC 24

Inferno
The inferno variant Sherman is an electric only version, keeps the laser in thehull turret, replaces the main turret with a larger armoured one that containsthe .50 cal machinegun but also a heavy flamethrower and fuel tank. The hullalso contains a secondary fuel tank for the flamethrower. The inferno alsocarries the flamer defense option.
Heavy Flamethrower 5d6 fire, 10 ft wide 75 long line, 20 bursts from turrettank, 15 from hull tank.
Reduce speed by 10 mph
PDC 22

Whirlwind
The Whirlwind variant does away with a cannon and instead mounts a box styleturret that contains four box rocket launchers on top that are able to tiltcompletely back to lay flush with the top of the turret. This allows the gunnerto reload the launchers, allowing for several firings before it runs out ofammunition, depending on the types of rockets or missiles used. The standardwhirlwind uses the same box launchers that are used on the sides of the Jeb andSherman. The whirlwind could also instead mount four racks of MILAN or Javelinmissiles in sets of 2. Using the standard box launchers the Whirlwind can carry3 reloads for all four launchers. For the Javelin or MILAN missiles it cancarry two reloads. Other types of missiles can be used, such as those mountedon mechs. For example the M-53 Firestar system can be mounted in a set of threewith one reload available.
Reduce speed by 15 mph
PDC 26

Scout Variant
The scout variant of the Sherman has the armour lightened to improve speed, theturret is replaced with a more streamlined version and mounts only a 20mmcannon, although it keeps the hull mounted laser turret. The turret also mountsa periscope that can rise up to 15 feet, several optic systems andcommunication antennas.
The Scout variant is equipped with a long ranged communications, passive nightvision and infrared cameras and enough computer storage to record all datarecorded by the cameras and communications systems for up to 16 hours. Theperiscope contains all the same optic systems as the rest of the optics thatdot the hull and turret. There is an extra space for communications recordingand sensor systems, which is operated by the commander or thegunner.
Since the optics view all about the scout sherman, it is actually difficult tosneak up on one, thus it can not be flanked unless the crew is extremelycareless.
20mm cannon 4d10, 19-20x2, ballistic, 150 ft, s/a, 50 rds
Speed is increased by 15 mph for both flex-fuel or electricversions.
Reduce HP by 3 and hardness by 2.
PDC 38

kronos182

Adventurer
LTB M1

Less Than A Buck has released its first mech, which everyone expected to be a complete deathtrap, but is fairly effective for the price you pay for it. Marketed as a light strike mech, best used in large numbers or in ambushes where it's surprising high speed can be used to advantage for hit and run attacks. Built with as few high tech and as many off the shelf components as possible to keep costs down, the M1 is very easy to use. Anyone with about 20 minutes to practice can use it with proficiency. The M1 also lacks the sensor systems of other mechs, instead using a very simple system which is mainly the user's eyes, binoculars, simple night vision, spotlight.

LTB M1 (PL6)
Bonus Hit Points: 100
Superstructure: Alumisteel
Hardness: 10
Armour: Alumisteel
Bonus to Defense: +5
Armour Penalty: -6
Reach: 10 feet
Strength Bonus: +4
Dexterity Penalty:
Speed: 50 ft
Purchase DC: 32

Slots
Helmet: Eyeball Mk3
Torso: Cockpit
Back: Cockpit
Left arm: M-9 Barrage Chaingun
Right arm: M-9 Barrage Chaingun
Shoulders: M-9 Barrage extra ammo
Shoulders extra slot: M-9 Barrage extra ammo
Boots: Speed Booster
Boots extra slot: Speed booster
Comm System

Standard Package Features: See notes
Bonuses: Lowlight vision
Weapons: 2 M-9 Barrage Chainguns 5d6 ball, 20, 60 ft incr, s/a, linked (500 rounds each (10 belts)), 100 lbs
Slam 1d8, bludgeon, melee

Notes:
Uses No Access Space rules for +2 slots (This is a house rule that once I find by a user on the WotC forums. When I find the info these rules again, I'll post them).

Simple Controls
The M1 has such simplistic controls that anyone using the M1 after an hour only suffers half the penalties for not having the Mecha Operation feat.

Stripped
The M1 has anything that isn't needed stripped out to make the frame as light as possible. This means some parts are more exposed as there is less armour or support frame surrounding them, such as joints, hydraulics and other equipment. Increase speed by 15 feet, but critical hits deal an extra 25% more damage.

Reduced Strength
The M1 doesn't have as powerful of servos as most mechs of the same size, but then again it wasn't designed to engage in melee combat. The M1 only has a +4 bonus to Strength. Reduce Mech PDC by -2

Eyeball Mk3
An improvement over the Mk2 which saw extensive use on the PA-01, the Mk3 has several cameras with telescopic zoom, passive night vision (low light vision), with a spot light, digital binoculars and parabolic mics. It also includes a basic range finder.
Equipment Slots: 1
Activation: Move action to use zoom or binoculars
Range: Half a mile
Area: Visual range
Duration: Persistent
Saving Throw: None
Purchase DC: 15
Restriction: None

LTB M2

The M2 is Less Than A Buck's second entry into the mech world. Boasting heavier armour than the M1, and a heavier weapon load in a laser and a shoulder mounted rocket launcher. The M2 can also make use of a hand to allow it to smash opponents or wield melee weapons. Although slower than the M1, the added armour and weapons and hand does make it more versatile. The hand is bulky, making use of some mech handheld ranged weapons a little difficult, it does make disarming it of melee weapons a bit more difficult. Tasks requiring manual dexterity are also at a disadvantage due to the hand design. The controls are very similar to the M1's only with upgrades where necessary for the added use of the hand and different weapons.

M2 (PL6)
Size: Large (-1)
Bonus Hit Points: 100
Hardness: 5
Bonus to Defense: +5 armour -1 size
Reach: 10 ft
Strength Bonus: +8
Dexterity Penalty:
Speed: 25 ft
Purchase DC: 35 Res (+2)

Slots
Helmet: Cockpit
Back: Class I Sensor System
Left Arm: Corona Microwave Beam, Extended Range

Right Arm: 1
Shoulders: M-87 Talon Missile Launcher
Boots: 1
Comm System

Standard Package Features: Class I sensors, Corona microwave beam, M-87 talon missile launcher, bulky hand
Bonuses: +2 Navigate and Spot, -2 Dexterity based skills
Weapons: Corna Microwave Beam 5d6, 20, fire, 50 ft incr, single, -
M-87 Talon Missile Launcher 15d6, -, Ball/Fire, -, single, 4 int
Slam 1d8, 20, bludgeoning, melee

Notes:
Bulky Hand
The right hand of the M2 has thick fingers, making it not as dexterous as most other mech designs. It suffers a -2 to Dexterity based skills requiring manual dexterity. However, it does provide a +2 bonus against being disarmed if holding a melee weapon.

Simple Controls
The M1 has such simplistic controls that anyone using the M1 after an hour only suffers half the penalties for not having the Mecha Operation feat

Extended Range Corona Microwave Beam
LTB has taken the basic Corona laser weapon system and extended the range from a mere 150 feet to a slightly more respected 500 feet (range increment 15 to 50 feet).

Fox LTB M3

As everyone was shocked at the success of Less Than A Buck's military products, even if the quality of some of their products are questionable, but millions are sold every year. The Fox surprised many as it is surprisingly decent quality, higher than many of LTB's other products, and efficiency although simple design, as a light mech designed for quick and easy transportation on aircraft and designed to be air dropped as a heavy weapons platform for air dropped troops.
The Fox has a slim and compact design. The reverse legs are designed to fold up under the body, with a series of casters that allow it to be easily pushed onto and off an aircraft. There are no arms on the Fox, nor a head, with the cockpit taking up the upper portion of the body, with the modular weapon mount on the right side of the lower body. A parachute is mounted on the back for air drops, plus a couple of JATO style rockets are mounted on the body for slowing the Fox during high altitude low open drops. Hooks and quick release system for drop lines when deploying from low heights. The Fox comes with a LTB LC1 laser cannon, fitted with 5 power packs (150 rounds), plus the storage space filled with another 20 power packs which can be quickly loaded into the LC1 or distributed to infantry. Alternatively it can be fitted with the ATL2 and the ammunition storage contains more ATL2 ammunition. Users usually install their own single slot weapon.
The Fox is designed to fit in small troop transport crafts, allowing for easy of stealthy insertion and extraction, making use of the drop troop deployment systems. Foxes have been seen to fit in even older helicopters such as Blackhawks, however using up all or most of the troop space. The Fox takes up as much space as six troops, and is ready to move on its own within 6 seconds (1 round) upon leaving the aircraft.

LTB M3 (PL6)
Bonus Hit Points: 70
Hardness: 10
Bonus to Defense: +5
Reach: 0 feet
Strength Bonus: +4
Dexterity Penalty:
Speed: 60 ft
Purchase DC: 39

Slots
Torso: Class I Sensor
Torso: Modular Weapon mount
Back: Cockpit
Back: Modular Weapon ammunition storage
Shoulders: Drop/Parachute System
Boots: Speed Booster
Comm System

Standard Package Features: All-Terrain Design, Rapid Deploy, Ease of Transport
Bonuses: +2 Navigation and Spot, penalties on rough terrain halved.
Weapons: Varies, generally LC1 or ATL2 or any other 1 slot mech weapon, plus 1 slot dedicated to ammunition.

Notes:
Simple Controls
The Fox M3 has such simplistic controls that anyone using the M3 after an hour only suffers half the penalties for not having the Mecha Operation feat.

Stripped
The M3 has anything that isn't needed stripped out to make the frame as light as possible. This means some parts are more exposed as there is less armour or support frame surrounding them, such as joints, hydraulics and other equipment. Increase speed by 15 feet, but critical hits deal an extra 25% more damage.

Reduced Strength
The M3 doesn't have as powerful of servos as most mechs of the same size, but then again it wasn't designed to engage in melee combat. The M3 only has a +4 bonus to Strength. Reduce Mech PDC by -2

All-Terrain Design
The Fox M3 reduces penalties for moving over rough terrain by half.

Rapid Deploy
The legs are designed to quickly raise and lower the Fox from its stowed transport size to stand up and move all within 6 seconds (1 round). This allows it to go from stowed mode, pushed out an aircraft, then extend the legs for a safe landing.

Ease of Transport
The Fox is designed to be easily transported in small aircraft, including transport helicopters. As long as the transport craft is designed to deploy troops via ropes or ramp, and can hold a minimum of 6 troops, the Fox will fit and can use the drop systems. The back of the legs and bottom of the body has several casters that allow it to be easily rolled along the floor of transports. One Fox M3 takes up the space of 6 troops.

Drop/Parachute System
This system includes mountings for a parachute, hooks and pulleys to use ropes when dropping from a helicopter or other hovering craft. Also included is a JATO (jet assisted take off) style rocket motors that fire to slow the decent of a parachuting Fox. If a Fox doesn't use the rockets during an air drop, it can use them to slow a decent if it falls or to lower itself down from a cliff. It reduces any fall, or jumping down) from a height of 60 feet as a simple jump of 5 feet (only a successful Jump check required for a DC for a 5 foot jump). Any falls or jumps over 60 feet are treated as 60 feet less. Used this way the system can be used 5 times. Otherwise it has enough fuel to safely let the Fox land (without a parachute) from a height of 300 feet.

kronos182

Adventurer
LTB LC1
Continuing to expandtheir catalog of military hardware, LTB has created their LC1 laser canon. Inreality, it's really two of their L1s mated together in the same frame and thepower settings dialed up slightly for greater output without actually destroyingthe emitters and other components. It does have higher quality components thanthe L1 or L2, but due to the increased power running through them, itsreliability is lower than it should be. The LC1 does boast slightly betterrange, but sucks back more power from a power pack.

LTB LC1 (PL6 Personal Firearms)
Damage: 5d6
Range Increment: 80 ft
Weight: 11 lb
Ammo: 30 box
Purchase DC: 19 (Res +2)
Notes: Although it has standard quality components, due to the increased powerrunning through the parts, on a natural roll of 1, the LC1 shorts and won'tfire. This can be repaired with a Repair check DC 17 and about 20 minutes ofwork.
Some users have modified their LC1s so that each barrel fires individually,instead of together, granting it a sort of automatic fire mode. This alsoallows the user to make use of 50 rounds from the power pack like the L1,although it deals only 3d6 points of damage. This modification requires aRepair check DC 18 and 30 minutes of work, but also makes it slightly moreunreliable so that on a roll of 1 or 2 the weapon shorts and requires work tomake functional again.

LTB ATL1

As more surplusmilitary vehicles become available, people need more anti-tank weaponry. LTBtried to make a man portable laser cannon more powerful than the LC1, butcouldn't keep necessary power requirements low enough without it becoming justa larger version of the LC1 without the power, or the power systemsoverloading, or keep the whole system affordable. Eventually LTB went the wayof chemical lasers. As chemical lasers were well understood and a suitablypowerful enough chemical reaction could be obtained in a small enough package,although the chemical container had to be replaced often.
LTB designed a two shot disposable anti tank chemical laser cannon, similar toold rocket propelled grenade launchers. The ATL1 itself is a trigger and handleconnected to a padded shoulder rest with a simple sight for right handedpeople. Top this mounts the chemical laser itself which contains the emitter,focusing lens and the chemical container. The chemical itself is a gel whichgets excited and provides energy when the catalyst is introduced upon thetrigger being pulled. The laser contains two packs of the chemical to allow fortwo shots, which is about all the emitter and focusing lens can handle, as theyare not the highest quality, and burn out quickly. This makes the ATL1ammunition dependent for a laser, but it does offer a great amount of power,although short ranged.

LTB ATL1 (Late PL5/Early PL6)
Damage: 8d8 ignore 8 points of hardness/DR
Critical: 20x2
Size: Huge (both trigger assembly and lasing unit, each separate are largesize)
Weight: 6 lb for trigger, shoulder rest and sight. Each laser reload (lasingunit and chemical pack) 21 lb (4.1 ft long)
Ammo: 2 box
Purchase DC: 15 for trigger assembly, lasing reload 15 for 3
Notes: On a natural roll of 2 or 3 the chemical is inert (can not be used, andif a second roll of 2 or 3 happens on same lasing unit the chemicals are inertand the unit must be replaced). On a natural roll of 1, the chemicals areunstable and fires at half strength (4d8, ignores 4 hardness/DR) and alsocauses the lasing unit to melt down, destroying the trigger assembly anddealing 2d8 points of fire damage to the user, Reflex save DC 14 for half.

LTBATL2
Surprised by the success of the ATL1, LTB decided to manufacture a version formechs to use. Designed as either a large handgun or mounted in the shouldersfor large sized mechs, the ATL2 holds 6 of the lasing units, allowing for 12shots before needing to be reloaded. As each lasing unit is used, it isejected, which can be a hazard to anyone close by.

Deals 8d8 points of fire damage, ignoring 8 points of hardness/DR, semi rate offire.
Each slot dedicated to ammunition holds 8 lasing units, which allows for acomplete reload plus part of another. On a natural roll of 2 or 3 the chemicalis inert (can not be used, and if a second roll of 2 or 3 happens on samelasing unit the chemicals are inert and the unit must be replaced). On anatural roll of 1, the chemicals are unstable and fires at half strength (4d8,ignores 4 hardness/DR) and also causes the lasing unit to melt down, destroyingthe trigger assembly and dealing 2d8 points of fire damage to the user, Reflexsave DC 14 for half. After two shots, when a lasing unit is used up, it isejected from the weapon, causing a potential hazard to anyone nearby. Anyonewithin 10 feet of the mech after it fires its second shot from a lasing unittakes 2d6 bludgeoning damage from the ejected casing, Reflex save DC 13 forhalf.

LTB ATL2 (Late PL5/Early PL6)
Equipment Slots: 1, must be hand (arm for large mech) orshoulders
Activation: Attack action
Target: Single target within 600 ft
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: *
Purchase DC: 16 for weapon, 15 for 3 lasing units.

LTB MP1
Ever to make more sales and gain more of the weapons market, Less Than a Buckwent back to basics for their next line of weapons, ballistic weapons. The MP1is a 9mm machine pistol, however, following in LTB's design philosophy of lowerquality, the weapon can be dangerous to one's enemies and to oneself. It lookslike a toy metal gun pistol with the magazine extending a fair bit past thebottom of the handle. The mechanism is actually very reliable and simple, whichwould make it a good weapon, except for the low quality of the materials, whichmakes the rare jams potentially fatal.

LTB MP1 (PL5)
Damage: 2d6
Range Increment: 45 ft
Rate of Fire: S, A
Weight: 4.5 lb
Ammo: 25 box
Purchase DC: 13
Notes: Inaccurate, attacks suffer a -1 to attacks. On a natural roll of 1, rollagain and if 5 or less, the weapon jams and the propellant explodes, dealing1d6 points of fire damage to the user and the weapon is rendered inoperable. Ifthe roll is 6 or higher, the weapon just jams and requires a Craft: Mechanical check DC 10 and 2 minutes of workto unjam.

kronos182

Adventurer
LTB RB1

The RB1 is Less Than A Buck's attempt at a robotic soldier. It's a fairly simple, humanoid robot about the size of a person, but somewhat thin. The simple AI allows it to follow simple orders, and it can be programmed with simple tactics, but not much beyond that. The one unique feature of the RB1 is its outer armour layer; it is coated in a concrete-like substance. As the RB1 is attacked, the outer concrete material is worn away, creating a dust cloud. The advantage of this dust cloud, besides obscuring the robot from enemy sight, it also diffuses laser weapons, rendering highly resistant to further attacks from laser based weapons. Of course this means after a battle, the robot will need to have a new layer of this concrete material applied, if it's more than 75% ablated off, which LTB offers a service in reapplying.
This concrete-like material is impregnated with reflective crystals, originally developed by another company trying to produce a means of creating a fairly quick, laser resistant fortifications. It didn't perform as well as expected, with the laser defeating ability only functioning after taking a hit. Also as the material is blasted, the dust created wasn't good for people nearby, causing them to choke, and even with high quality air filters, the dust particulate would clog the filters quickly, making only completely environmentally sealed troops able to work round anything with this material. LTB advises customers to use the R1 as a first line of attack, or last line of defense, not near unprotected troops, but many people ignore this warning.
The RB1 is not sold with any weapons, but comes with a loading mechanism to allow for three magazines to be reloaded plus it comes with simple combat webbing to store any ranged weapons and extra ammunition. It comes programmed to use most commonly available ranged weapons and can make use of simple melee weapons.
LTB doesn't sell weapons with the RB1, but will offer a deal of any of their weapons sold with an RB1 (reduce price of the weapon sold with the RB1 by -1 PDC).

RB1 (PL 6)
CR: 1
Hit Points: 20 hp (1d10+10) +5* Ablative Coating
Init: +1 (Dex)
Speed: 20
Defense: +4 (+3 armour +1 Dex)
Hardness: 5* Ablative Coating +5 vs lasers
BAB/Grp: 0/+1
Attack: +1 melee or +1 ranged (any weapon carried)
FS/Reach: 5 ft / 5 ft
Special Attacks: none
Special Qualities: Ablative Coating
Saves: Fort +0, Reflex +1, Will +0
Abilities: Str 12, Dex 12, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1
Skills: Listen +2, Move Silently +3, Search +2, Spot +2
Feats: Personal Firearms Proficiency, Simple Weapons Proficiency

Frame: Biomorph
Locomotion: Legs (Pair)
Manipulators: Hands
Armour: Duraplastic
Superstructure:
Sensors: Class II
Skill Software: chip Listen +2, Move Silently +2, Search +2, Spot +2
Feat Software: progit (Personal Firearms Proficiency), progit (Simple Weapons Proficiency)
Accessories: Feat Progit, loading mechanism, skill chip x3, ablative coating
PDC: 25

Ablative Coating
This concrete-like material covers the RB1, giving it a rock-like texture. It gives the RB1 a little more protection while intact. When hit by weapons or even physical attacks, the coating starts to ablate, leaving dust about the robot, and lingers in the air for 5 rounds. A mild or stronger wind will dissipate the cloud in 1d4 rounds -1 round for increasing strength in wind. The robot can not move more than 20 feet per round or it will leave the cloud it creates. This cloud grants the R1 5 resistance to lasers, and also grants it concealment (10% miss chance). Once the ablative coating has been worn off, it loses the additional protection except for the dust cloud until it dissipates, then it is vulnerable. The dust cloud covers a 10 foot area around the RB1.
Benefit: Adds 5 HP which is used up first, DR 5, which reduces by 1 each time struck. After struck, provides additional 5 resistance against lasers and grants concealment 10% miss chance. Upon DR being reduced to 0, the cloud granting laser resistance and concealment will dissipate within 5 rounds, then is gone until the coating is reapplied.
Note: The dust particulate is a choking hazard, and anyone within the cloud must make a Fortitude save DC 17 or be nauseated. Filter systems do not provide any bonus as the dust particulate is too fine and quickly clogs the filters. A person with an air filter that remains in the cloud for more than 3 rounds will have their air filters clogged and will begin to suffocate. Only environmentally sealed suits or vehicles with their own air supplies are not affected, but if they contain air filters, they will need to be replaced if exposed for more than 3 rounds to the dust.
PDC 15

LTBBMP-3A
Having bought surplus BMP-2s and manufacturing rights to them, LTB went aboutupdating the design somewhat to be more capable in today's battlefield. The30mm cannon is available, but new ammunition types are available, or can bereplaced with the same laser cannon that is available on the Jeb and Sherman 2,although it deals less damage, it has greater range. The 7.62 pintle mountedmachinegun can be swapped out for a laser rifle, or retained. LTB has replacedthe diesel engine with their flex-fuel engine, or their electric engine isavailable. A new feature added is the second armour layer they added. Thinningthe original armour slightly to reduce weight, but adding a reinforcedcarbon-carbon heat refracting ceramic tiling, very similar to that used on theoriginal space shuttle used by NASA, as a means to make the vehicle moreresistant to laser weapons, and any experimental plasma weapons that mightappear. Surprisingly, this idea worked quite well, however, it did make it morevulnerable to ballistic weapons since the normal armour had been lightened as acompromise. As an added bonus, the vehicle is practically immune to normalfires, allowing it to enter burning buildings or forests and not to worry aboutdamage.
The electric engine version does have a slight increase in passenger capacityas the fuel tanks are removed and less space is needed for batteries, howeverthe vehicle is unable to recharge the laser cannon if equipped with one whileusing an electric motor. A crew of 3 is required, driver, gunner and acommander. Three top hatches located above each crew position, and a large doorin the back for infantry soldiers to load or disembark. It takes a full-roundaction to enter the vehicle through a top hatch, and another full-round actionto start it moving. The BMP-3A is three squares wide and four squares long,providing full cover to its occupants.

LTB BMP-3A

Crew:3
Passengers: 7

Cargo: 250lb
Top Speed:75 (70)
Hardness:8, fire resistance 15
Hit Points:53
Size: H
PurchaseDC: 37
Restriction: Mil
Accessories/Notes:Amphibious, radio, two headlights, 1 spotlight on a pivot mount that ismanually or controlled from within, air filtration system (+4 bonus to crewagainst airborne toxins and poisons), trailer hitch, weapon locker for tworifles and 3 pistols with 2 reloads for each, 3 days rations, 4 survival kitswith 2 three man tent, weapon racks for 8 rifles plus 3 reloads for passengersplus space for up to two light rocket launchers such as M72 LAWs.
The Repairchecks to fix or modify a BMP-3A are reduced by 3, and PDC for replacementparts are reduced by 1. An electric powered BMP-3A will have its speedincreased to 80 mph (8), but loses the ability to recharge the main weapon, andcan carry 8 passengers.
The BMP-3Ais armed with the original 30mm cannon, or a light laser cannon which ispowered by a dedicated battery that can be charged from the main engine overtime. A flex-fuel engine can recharge the battery at a rate of 1 shot everyminute of light driving (under 30 mph, or sitting and idling). Has a 50 roundbattery.
Mounted ona pintle on the hatch on the turret is a 7.62mm machinegun with 200 rounds, ora laser rifle can be used.

Weapon
Damage
Critical
Damage
Type
Range
Increment
Rate of
Fire
Magazine
Size
Weight
Purchase
DC
Restriction
30mm Cannon (Optional)
4d12
Ballistic
150 ft
A
Linked
Huge
-
-
-
Light Laser Cannon (Optional)
5d8
Fire
200 ft
Semi
50 battery
-
-
-
-
7.62 mm Machinegun
2d10
Ballistic
80 ft
S, A
200 Linked
-
-
-
-

Options:
Fire Engine
The passenger section is removed and turned into a large water tank, with theturret mounting a water cannon instead. As the heat refracting tiling protectsthe BMP-3A from fires, crews have no fear of driving right into the thick ofthe fire to put it out. The water cannon has a range increment of 20 ft and hasenough water for 30 shots, or 3 minutes of continuous fire. All other weaponsare removed form this variant.

LTBBadger APC

Another addition to the LTB catalog, the Badger is a fairly simple, no frills,cheap APC. Lightly armoured and armed, the only good points about it is theflex-fuel engine, the surprisingly large troop capacity, and speed. Howevermany troops consider the Badger a deathtrap as the thin armour doesn't hold upto much weapons fire.
The Badger is a brick, with an angled front, two treads with modest protectionfrom an armoured skirt, and the rear hatch is recessed slightly to give alittle cover on the sides as troops disembark. The roof lacks any hatches, buthas two turrets that are controlled from inside, with the forward one mountingtwo lasers and the rear a single laser. Between the two turrets is a 4 shotrocket launcher in an attempt to give Badger a heavy attack.
The Badger is equipped with a basic military radio, passive night visionsystem, air filter and requires a crew of 2 and can carry 12 troops, althoughnot the most comfortable ride for the passengers. The troops can disembark orembark the badger through the rear hatch which takes a full round, and a fullround to start the badger. The badger is three squares wide and four squareslong, and provides full cover to its occupants.

Crew: 2 (driver andgunner)
Passengers: 12
Cargo: 250 lb
Init: -4
Maneuver: -4
Top Speed: 90 (9)
Hit Points: 40
Size: H
Purchase DC: 38
Accessories: Basic military radio, passive night vision for gunner and driver,1 spot light, 1 first aid kit, trailer hitch, 2 laser turrets, 1 4-shot rocketlauncher, filter system (+4 to airborne toxins), 2 headlights, flex-fuelengine.
Notes: The Repair checks to fix or modify a Badger are reduced by 3, and PDCfor replacement parts are reduced by 1. Can mount LTB's Thermal Armour, soldseparately.
Flex-Fuel engine allows the Badger to use any flammable liquid for fuel.
The batteries for the laser turrets recharge as long as the engine is runningat a rate of 1 charge for every 10 minutes. A power pack can be used in anemergency. The front dual laser turret requires two power packs.
The rocket launcher can mount anything from RPG-7, M72A3 LAW, or similarrockets.

Weapon
Damage
Critical
Damage
Type

Range
Incr

Rate of
Fire

Magazine
Front Dual Laser Turret
4d8
fire
100 ft
S, A
60 battery
Rear Laser Turret
3d8
fire
100 ft
S, A
60 battery
4-Shot Rocket Launcher
varies
=
varies
120 ft
S
4 rockets

LTB ThermalArmour
After the release of the BMP-3A and it's thermal armour, LTB has producedarmour kits which can add a layer of the reinforced carbon-carbon heatrefracting ceramic tiles to their other vehicles, including the Jeb, Recon andSherman 2. However this does add additional weight to the vehicles, and thearmour can be blasted away with ballistic weapons.
The thermal armour gives the vehicle fire resistance 15, which works againstlasers, plasma and normal fires, and 10 hit points. However, the vehiclesuffers -10 mph (-1) speed, -1 initiative and maneuverability, and adds 50 lbsper size category over large. Also, every ballistic or bludgeoning attackreduces the fire resistance by 1, although the vehicles still have their normalarmour so they still have some protection against other forms of attack. Forexample, a Jeb with thermal armour added has fire resistance 15, but ifattacked three times by a .50 cal machinegun (three separate attacks, autofire,burst fire and double tap each count as one attack), the fire resistance wouldbe reduced to 13.
Weight: 50 lb. +50 lb./size category over large.
PDC: 18 +1/size category over large
Restriction: none.

kronos182

Adventurer
Life Sciences

Life Sciences is a relatively new comer to the commercial market, although their work has been documented in many science papers and magazines for their work in genetics, pharmaceuticals and cutting edge in biotechnology, including cloning organs for replacements and for testing of new drugs and medicines. Recently, due to government cutbacks, Life Sciences had to find new ways to fund their research, and so they started making several of their older discoveries available on the market after extensive farther testing and market research. Although biotechnology devices are relatively new to the public consumer, some are fairly well known to special forces and several organizations like the CIA and FBI special taskforces. One of the advantages of Life Sciences' biotech equipment is many do not need external power sources, and can run far longer than many conventional technological counterparts. Also they are almost completely impervious or very quickly recover from an EM pulse.
Life Sciences products are also favoured by many people who prefer more 'natural' tools, as their products are organic, and don't create waste that pollutes the planet any more than any other animal would. They have also made a tidy little profit from WWF in repopulating two endangered species of birds, and is looking into trying for a near extinction species of whale.

Chirp (PL6/7)
The chirp is a biotech communication device produced by Life Sciences. It looks like a large shrimp, with the main body curved around the ear, the tail rests against the jaw. There are two versions of the chirp available commercially and one version not available to civilians. A chirp is technically a cybernetic organism, with the cybernetic being a small socket that holds what is essentially a SIM card in commercial cell phones. Commercial SIM cards are interchangeable, raising its usefulness to the public. The chip is needed just for imprinting the chirp with the user's number and any other identification information onto the chirp's brain. It also stores any phone numbers from previous phones, or can be transferred to new phones or chirps if it dies. 
A chirp is voice activated, or by touching it near the head to signal it when to answer or dial, then speak. When receiving a call it will announce the name of the caller. 
To make the chirp appealing to users, it's very easy to use, just insert SIM card, touch head to notify it to activate, give command and it does so. It stores all information on its high capacity brain, storing hundreds of numbers, voice memos and can also be used to temporarily amplify the mic to pick up noises around the user that are difficult to hear normally.
Also maintanence of a chirp is very easy, a user can leave a chirp in the kitchen sink over night and it'll eat any germs, gunk or anything else, leaving behind a clean line where it crawled, which isn't very far. Chirps also feed off dirt and dead skin while being worn, so someone could wear one for several days straight without starving it. Being biological, chirps will continue to function even being hit by an EM pulse, and are highly resistant to diseases and viruses. 

Commercial Chirp: Function as a standard cell phone or equivalent commercial communication device. As it's a living creature, it effectively runs nearly all the time, catching little naps between calls, while still able to receive them.
Bonus: By gently moving it's feelers in the direction a person wants while pressing the tail or commending the chirp to listen, it can amplify its audio capability to act as a directional mic with a range of 100 ft, picking up noises as quiet as a whisper, providing a +4 equipment bonus to listen checks. Acts as a normal cell phone holding 200 phone numbers, and up to 500 hours of audio data from memos to grocery lists.
Weight: - 
Size: Diminutive
PDC: 12

Upgraded Commercial Chirp: This is the equivalent of a satellite phone chirp. It's slightly longer, with primary feelers that are a little under a foot long, which act as high powered antennas, allowing it to communicate with satellites or orbiting ships. Without a satellite relay, an upgraded chirp can reach the distance equivalent of the moon on the same hemisphere as the user. Bonus to listen checks when used in similar manner is +6 and has a range of 200 ft. Can contain 750 hours of audio recordings.
Weight: -
PDC: 19

Military Chirp
The military version of the chirp looks like a slightly more armoured version of the upgraded commercial chirp. It functions just like a military radio, with built in auto encryption capabilities as the chirp has upgraded brain capacity, and satellite phone range. The ability to pick up noises farther out is only 200 ft, but the bonus is +8. 
Nearly impervious to biological weapons, EM pulses and is undetectable by devices that detect listening devices, the military chirp is a favourite amongst many special forces or secret service agencies.
Weight: .6 lbs
PDC: 25

Free Breather (PL6)
The free breather is another biotech creation of Life Sciences, used by people who do a lot of physical activities, such as life guards, fire fighters, rescue workers. This worm like organism is about a foot long, and stretches in width to fill the breathing passage of the host. The organism is hollow and clings to the walls of the nasal passage and throat; air passes through it.  It allows the user to breathe more effectively and enhances the olfactory senses. The host can exert himself longer than normal. The only downside to the free breather is gases affect the host far more than normal.
Bonuses: The free breather allows the host to take in more air than normal, allowing the host to hold their breathe twice as long as normal. The host gains the benefits of the Endurance feat, except for the ability to sleep in medium or light armour without being fatigued. The host gains the scent ability. The host however, suffers a -4 penalty to Fort saves against gases and airborne toxins and poisons.
Weight: 1 lbs
Size: Fine
PDC: 16

Fuel Bacteria

When the oil shortage crisis was really starting to sink in with people,  some companies looked for alternate sources. Life Sciences in its  infancy was one of those companies, and went for a more biological  method of creating more oil. They genetically altered various forms of  bacteria that would break down various bio matter and leave behind  usable oil. They were successful about a decade before non petrol forms  of energy were available enmass. This did not deter Life Sciences as  they could sell the oil for other industries that still used oil, such  as plastics.
These bacteria, stored in a tank with a feed hopper, connected to a computer and processing machine, connected to another empty storage tank, by a series of tubes and cables, break down bio matter, such as waste, wood chips, other organic matter, live or dead plant matter, and through a process similar to fermenting, like yeast, turn it into oil. 

Bio matter is fed into the hopper, which is eaten by the bacteria. Their excrement is fed through tubes through the computer and processing unit for filtration, and finally is deposited in the empty tank. 
The tanks are about 500 gallons each, with the bacteria tank holding about 30 pounds of the bacteria. The bacteria can convert 500 gallons worth of bio matter into about 495 gallons of oil in about twelve hours. The bacteria live for about a year, then need to be replaced. 
The computer and processing unit can be programmed to alter the bacteria to allow for different fuels and liquids to be processed to a point. It can create almost any petrol based fluid, from gasoline, diesel to aviation grade fuels and even fuel for flamethrowers.
The unit takes up about the size of two 500 gallon tanks plus another square 20 feet for the computer and processing unit plus cabling and hoses.
Unit plus 1 years worth of bacteria costs PDC 41. Refill of bacteria PDC 21.
To alter the fluid produced requires a Computer Use DC 15 followed by a Knowledge: Earth and Life Sciences DC 21. The greater the complexity of the new fluid to be produced, increases the time to produce equal amounts as oil. For example, gasoline would take about 14 hours, while aviation fuel takes about 20 hours.

Other storage tanks, means to transport bio matter and the produced fuel are up to the user to provide at their expense.

Remove ads