D&D 5E [Closed] D&D5th Against the Slavelords

Zeromaru X

Arkhosian scholar and coffee lover
Yea sorry I don't own SAGA... if your heart is set it maybe you can PM me all the info and maybe we could work something out.

For those not to familiar with Greyhawk this link has some good fan created "Players Guild to Greyhawk" and a number of good maps (most of the game will be set within the Wooly Bay area and the Pomarj - the south central area on the map)

Oh, thanks. Though, I'm not interested in the mechanics but in the concept of an arcane swordsman. I was leaning towards the Bladesinger because he starts as a caster instead as a fighter (like the Eldritch Knight). But I guess the Bladelock can also fit the theme (is a caster from the start). If you don't allow the Bladesinger and warlocks exists in the setting (I dunno if warlocks exists in Greyhawk), I can happily play with one.

I'll PM you right away.

And thanks for the link, it will be most helpful.

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Lol That players guide is way longer than I expected! Going to have to parse it out and digest only quick parts of it for character creation and save the rest for later.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
What about the Elemental Evil Player's Companion? It has extra races in it. Are goliaths, aarakokra, deep gnome or genasi in Greyhawk, or allowed? It also has more elemental themed spell lists. Are those allowed? If you need to look at it, you can download it for free from the D&D website.

GreenKarl

First Post
What about the Elemental Evil Player's Companion? It has extra races in it. Are goliaths, aarakokra, deep gnome or genasi in Greyhawk, or allowed? It also has more elemental themed spell lists. Are those allowed? If you need to look at it, you can download it for free from the D&D website.

Well I am not sure any of those races are treated the way they are in Forgotten Realms. Greyhawk was originally very "old school" in that Humans and Demihumans (dwarfs, elves, halflings, gnomes, and half-orcs were the only races allowed). Others where considered "humanoid" and while not all evil they were not really allowed as PC.

Having said that I am not opposed to the goliaths and maybe deep gnomes also. I am hesitant about allowing either the aarakokra or genasi (especially the aarakokra as I WAY prefer the "wings are part of my arms and I have a birdhead" aarakokra :) and the genasi are a bit to exotic for the Wild Coast).

GreenKarl

First Post
edit: Quick question: Will a Wizard have more than the minimum number of spells for their level?

OK how about - you learn 3 spells each level you advance, instead of two. You can also use some of your starting money to purchase additional 1st level spells for your spellbook for 40gp each and 2nd level spells for 200gp each.

GreenKarl

First Post
Lol That players guide is way longer than I expected! Going to have to parse it out and digest only quick parts of it for character creation and save the rest for later.

Yes they are pretty big... some people like to write :) Mostly focus on the area around Greyhawk, the Wild Coast and the Pomarj as that is where the game is going to be focused. Other areas can help with your background but I don't except a big history of your character. Just some details...

GreenKarl

First Post
No problem :) I noticed the PG you linked to does use the EE deep gnomes.

Yea I saw them also for the 5th ed. write ups which are interesting. I have to look at it again but I think that might also be post-Greyhawk Wars. Not that it is a big deal, it is just that the Wild Coast is a bit more civilized in the pre-Wars setting. The orcs and evil humanoids of the Pomarj and Suss Forest are not yet united under one leader and fight among themselves as much as they attack the surrounding areas. Only Highport has fallen to the dark forces...

BlueLotus

Explorer
This is in order of class preference.
[sblock=Human wizard. Conjuration specialization]Levanna grew up in two villages, Elmvale and Green Fields. She spent much of her childhood in Elmvale, and an early encounter with pixies in the forest introduced her to the world of magic.

An orc attack forced her family from their home when she was twelve years old. She lost nearly everything in the attack, including her first love. The people of Green Fields, another village miles away, took Levanna and her family in. They fed and sheltered them, eventually integrating them into the rest of the community.

The attack put an end to her carefree days as a child. Levanna knew that she had to get a job and become an adult. She became an apprentice to a scribe, learning how to read and write in several languages and was exposed to many obscure books.

At the age of fifteen, Levanna left her job as a scribe, resolving to follow her dream to become a wizard. She wandered for a year before finding one willing to teach her the arcane arts.

Now she sets off to forge her own destiny, to learn more of the world and its mystical secrets. Though she dreams of exotic worlds and realities beyond this one, she remains forever grateful to the people of Green Fields, and will do nearly anything to protect them.[/sblock]
[sblock=Human paladin. Oath of Vengeance]Cybil Lantra was born into slavery. As soon as she could use a scrubbing brush, she was set to work. For years she toiled with an iron collar around her neck. Though she was relatively well treated, she was sold a handful of times, separating her from her friends and family.

At the age of twelve, a group of holy warriors from the church of Pelor freed Cybil. From that time, she dedicated her life to their god and beliefs. She made her way to a temple of Pelor and studied as an acolyte under their priests, learning to read and write. Having found a new purpose in life, her faith and dedication grew.

In her late teens, a once great paladin arrived at the temple. Despite mounting evidence that he was growing senile in his old age, he gathered troops for a crusade to a distant, savage land to fight a rising threat that no one was sure actually existed. Cybil volunteered to go with the party where she effectively served as a squire to many of the holy warriors. The threat proved to be quite real and though it was eventually vanquished, it came at the cost of the veteran paladin's life. As he lay dying, and with those with the knowledge or ability to heal him dead or missing, Cybil tried amateurishly to bind his wounds. As he slipped away from the world, the paladin pushed his sword and shield into her arms, croaking "My time is over, child. Take these-".

Cybil was never sure of the true meaning of the paladin's dying words - whether he meant for her to deliver his arms to someone or some place, or if he meant she should take them up and carry the cause forward. She has since trained as a templar warrior, striving to be worthy of the storied paladin's legacy. Eventually Cybil manifested the divine spark of Pelor, becoming a paladin in her own right.

To show homage, she built a modest church in a small town and vowed that it will one day be a great temple. To this end, she adventures to hoard as much money as she can and to perhaps one day free her family from slavery.[/sblock]
[sblock=Half elf rogue. Thief]Coming soon[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
I'm pretty flexible as far as what I will play. I'll wait to see what others decide on before finalizing anything. I did put together a barbarian, but if we end up being overly martial, I'll put something else together.

I don't think anyone has said anything about a Barbarian but you

Remove ads