D&D 5E [Closed] D&D5th Against the Slavelords

BlueLotus

Explorer
I know that 3SpdDragster wants to be a wizard. But my understanding is that Bladesingers are effectively a tank role where I'd see Levanna much more as a supporting "utility" role rather than "tank" or "dps"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
What we have so far:

Scotley - Rogue
Zeromaru - Eldritch Knight or Bladelock
ForgedFury - Human barbarian, or a cleric, druid, or monk
Cathmore - ?
3SpdDragster - Wizard
BlueLotus - Human Wizard, Human Paladin, or Half-Elf Rogue
KahlessNestor - ?

Just to put it in one place.

GreenKarl

First Post
What we have so far:

Scotley - Rogue
ForgedFury - Human barbarian, or a cleric, druid, or monk
Cathmore - ?
3SpdDragster - Wizard
KahlessNestor - ?

Just to put it in one place.

Looks good thanks

Forged Fury

First Post
I don't think anyone has said anything about a Barbarian but you

I mainly wanted to see how many "front line" types people wanted to play, whether it be fighter/paladin/hilariously well-built Abjuration Wizard.

I've done some light reading on Greyhawk and am working on a light background for my character.

[sblock=Brak Bloodbear, Human Barbarian]Brak is a 50-year-old human, although his years of hard living make him look at least a decade older. Well, mostly, aside from the fact that he's still in pretty good physical shape. While he doesn't have much muscular definition, it's hard to miss the obvious strength in his massive frame. Scars crisscross his body, one bisecting his broad flat nose that has been broken at least a dozen times. His short hair has turned a steel grey, both that which is on his head and the immense amount that covers most of his body like a carpet. Carrying little other than a backpack, a shield, and a well-used greataxe, he appears poor in worldly possessions but rich in experience.

Brak was born into poverty in the Great Kingdom. As with most things, the debauchery and decadence failed to trickle down to the lower classes. He was sold into slavery by his father to cover a debt. Shortly after being sold as a laborer, Brak was sent to the gladiatorial pits due to his failure to see eye-to-eye with his previous master. Performing surprisingly well, Brak managed to eke out a miserable existence in the pits. Unlike many successful gladiators, Brak was workmanlike in his approach to the craft, never giving the people a good show but simply eliminating his competition in the most swift and humane manner available to him. Oddly, this anti-showmanship earned him a loyal following among some of the crowd and he was added to a traveling retinue of gladiators to do battle in cities across the kingdom. During the first outing, the caravan was attacked by humanoids and the gladiators were freed to defend the caravan. Seeing the size of the horde of humanoids, Brak convinced several of his fellow gladiators to flee with him. The small group left just in time before the remainder of the caravan was swallowed by the horde.

After a long and arduous trip, Brak arrived alone at the Free City of Greyhawk, the rest of his companions either having died or opted to end their flight early. With little skills to speak of, the former gladiator sought out underground fight clubs in which to earn money, only this time, he fought at his leisure.[/sblock]

BlueLotus

Explorer
Whoops. 3SpdDragster said nothing about being a Bladesinger. My bad, I got their posts confused with Zeromaru's. Well, as I said, Levanna is a utility wizard. If that's cool with everyone (including not encroaching on a party role of someone else), I'd love to play her. If it's a problem, I can play Cybil or a rogue.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
What we have so far:

Scotley - Rogue
ForgedFury - Human barbarian
Cathmore - ?
3SpdDragster - Wizard
KahlessNestor - Human Life Cleric

Looks like we need some healing so I will throw down a cleric.

GreenKarl

First Post
Whoops. 3SpdDragster said nothing about being a Bladesinger. My bad, I got their posts confused with Zeromaru's. Well, as I said, Levanna is a utility wizard. If that's cool with everyone (including not encroaching on a party role of someone else), I'd love to play her. If it's a problem, I can play Cybil or a rogue.

I don't think there would be too much overlap, but up to you guys...

GreenKarl

First Post
What we have so far:

Scotley - Rogue
ForgedFury - Human barbarian
Cathmore - ?
3SpdDragster - Wizard
KahlessNestor - Human Life Cleric

Looks like we need some healing so I will throw down a cleric.

Well in one of me face-to-face games I am playing a Paladin who is our parties only healer :D but a cleric would be cool...

GreenKarl

First Post
I was thinking about how you guys would like to handle Inspiration? I think with at least a good basic background (and those not familiar with Greyhawk can just use generic terms and we can fill in as we go) that you will start with 1. When you really play up your Personality Traits or Flaw, and its a good point in the story I will give another BUT I want you all to suggest it also ("Hey Dave really played the heck out of Two-Boars just now I think he deserves an Inspiration point")

Thoughts?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases