D&D 5E [Closed] D&D5th Against the Slavelords

GreenKarl

First Post
As a sidenote, I'm using the grey elf from the guide GreenKarl linked. There they said grey elves have a +2 to INT and +1 to DEX (p. 9). If this isn't allowed I will change that and use the normal high elves from the PHB.
Also, can I roll for a trinket?

Grey Elf is fine, and sure if you want to roll for a trinket go ahead. Otherwise character looks pretty good. I will go over everyone’s this weekend but first glance looks fine.

Question: Clerics have the spell "continual flame". It's 50 gp to cast. It's basically a permanent light spell. If I wanted to apply that to my weapon, and maybe make some simple stones or amulets for the party to be able to wear or drop on the ground for combat, would you allow that to come out of the "mundane" items we have acquired during our off screen 5 levels of adventuring, or should I use the 500 gp you're giving us for pots and scrolls for that instead?

Hmm I am ok with the minor ones for permanent light spells but the 500gp will probably have to come out of the money provided.

Also I wanted to keep 300 gp in reserve as the diamond required for Revivify (just in case). Should that come out of the 500, or be assumed in the general adventuring fund?

Again I think that is going to have to come out of your 500gp that I give you to start. Maybe I will let you have one of them but not both. Let me think about it today and I will let you know 100% this afternoon.

Name: Brak Blood-Bear

Pit Fighter Custom Background

Let me know if it is okay.

Yea that looks fine. I am not 100% sure about Uncommon Magic Items myself but I think I have the basics down which is what I am going to use for what items you get…

Zeromaru X

Arkhosian scholar and coffee lover
Rolling for trinket.

[roll0]

A four leaf clover pressed inside a book discussing manners and etiquette.

lol, stuff that reminds Alegast his home...

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Giving the die roller a try since I've never used it. Tapatalk doesn't seem to like coding either, so let me know if it works. I'm mainly interested in if it can handle my initiative since as a cleric I tend to run around with guidance up to use on initiative.

[roll=Initiative]1d20+1d4[/roll]

Forged Fury

First Post
I don't think the roller does more than one XdX expression. You may have to code the rolls separately.

Also, having used the roller in a lot of games, I would avoid using the descriptors. They can cause problems for the rolls on occasion.

If anyone wants instruction in the dice roller, there is a link in the Meta board that includes instructions: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?340379-Test-the-dice-roller

I guess I'll roll for a trinket: [roll0]

ETA: Dragon Talon Necklace? I'll take it!!!

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Trying again.

Initiative: [roll0]
Guidance: [roll1]

EDIT: Well, that seemed to work. I just can't see the results in Tapatalk.

Last edited:

BlueLotus

Explorer
[sblock=Proposed magic items for Levanna]Bag of holding
Winged Boots
Goggles of night
Wand of Magic Missiles
Slippers of Spider Climbing[/sblock]

BlueLotus

Explorer
I forgot to include Levanna's familiar in my character sheet. If it's cool, I'd like to use the hawk stats, but flavor it as a faerie dragon (its breath weapon is so small it might singe hairs and leave a 3rd degree burn like a sunburn, but nothing that would even qualify as 1 hp of damage).

There are already stats for a faerie dragon. So it wouldn't make much sense. I'll just go with a fey hawk.

[sblock=Familiar stats]Name: Ciymthrax
Tiny Fey
AC: 13
HP: 1
Speed: 10 ft, fly 60 ft
STR 5 (-3)
DEX 16 (+3)
CON 8 (-1)
INT 2 (-4)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 6 (-2)

Skills: Perception +4
Senses: passive Perception 14
Languages: -
CR: 0

Keen Sight: Advantage on Perception checks that rely on sight
Attacks: Talons. +5 to hit, 1 slashing damage[/sblock]

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
Super busy at work but looks like we got a good team going. I will figure out magic items tomorrow or Sunday. If we get everyone's characters done I am ready to start on Monday BUT if people are not done yet that's cool. No big rush. Just ready to get started :D

First thing will be to create a OCC threat were we can post all the characters also.

Remove ads