Rebels and the Force Awakens

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Yes, well, if you feel like thinking the worst of people, feel free, I guess.

Me, I kind of figure that a decision by writers 30+ years later probably shouldn't be attributed to moral failings of the character by default.

Lies aren't always a moral failing, and in this case wouldn't be. I'm not thinking badly of Yoda at all in this. If he lied, he did the right thing by doing so, so long as the Rebels cast were not, for any reason, in a position to help.

For instance, if Yoda knows via forsight that the only hope of ending Sidius' rule is to turn Vader back to the light, which only Luke or Leia has any chance of doing. Or, if Yoda wasn't even referring to Leia as the "other", which is entirely possible.

Either way, Yoda's comments that we have assumed for years to mean that Leia is the only other potential Jedi, and that she is thus the only hope if Luke should fail, could mean something else, and we just never had the info to put it together before now.

None of which assumes the worst of anyone.

Not a bad summation. Currently she employs white lightsabres to signify she is not a jedi. But she did have Jedi training and still possesses a moral code.

However, even excluding her, there is still Kanan and Ezra to consider. If Yoda was lying, what happened to them?

Well, we'll just have to wait and see I suppose, but I think its safe to assume that Vader ends up taking them out.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Very unlikely that Ezra or Sabine would be old enough to die of natural causes. Ezra is more or less a contemporary of Luke and Leia, and Sabine is only a bit older I think. I have not been able to watch Season 2 of Rebels because of some channel tomfoolery here in Canada, but I thought that Ezra was had substantial natural force power, as seen in how he influenced those crazy darknesslovingwhatchamacallums.

Ezra was born on the day the Empire was founded so his the same age as the Skywalker Twins. He also appears to be more powerful than the Skywalkers

MarkB

Legend
Not a bad summation. Currently she employs white lightsabres to signify she is not a jedi. But she did have Jedi training and still possesses a moral code.

However, even excluding her, there is still Kanan and Ezra to consider. If Yoda was lying, what happened to them?

Yoda telling Luke that he's the last of the Jedi may simply be another of those "certain point of view" truths that the Jedi are so fond of.

Is "Jedi" a job, or a calling, or a set of abilities and training? If a person gives up being a Jedi (or is thrown out of the Order), or if they're a light-side Force user who was never initiated into the Jedi Order, do they count as Jedi?

Cor Azer

First Post
I've always seen it as a job/training title. The EU noted several groups that used the Force without counting as Jedi or Sith, notably the Witches of Dathomir.

Remove ads