working the black market

gamefreak180

First Post
ok so working on fleshing out the black market for my players and i keep on running across vanishingly rare in item descriptions do you guys have any idea on what would be a proper difficulty for the requisition of an item i was thinking 6 or 7 of the purple d8s would that be too easy or too hard? I also ask due to one of the characters getting black market contacts and plans to get as many as he can to become the go to guy for anything and everything by either buying or making it himself.

Chimpy

First Post
As the GM you are in full control of what the player characters have access to. If you don't want them to get an item, just tell them they can't find it.

6 or 7 difficulty dice seems very over the top. The hardest I would ever think would be 5 with upgrades to red dice. Despairs or serious threats might mean a run-in with law enforcement or local crime gangs.

If the players are interested in acquiring items on the black market, my advice would be to make small adventures out of it. Just making a roll to acquire an item seems a bit dull, when searching a supplier, going there and making an encounter out of it seems much more fun.

gamefreak180

First Post
ah ok makes sense i was thinking about doing an adventure for some black market items just needed to see what the initial difficulty would be to start them on the path.

aramis erak

Legend
ok so working on fleshing out the black market for my players and i keep on running across vanishingly rare in item descriptions do you guys have any idea on what would be a proper difficulty for the requisition of an item i was thinking 6 or 7 of the purple d8s would that be too easy or too hard? I also ask due to one of the characters getting black market contacts and plans to get as many as he can to become the go to guy for anything and everything by either buying or making it himself.

The rules say that after 6 purple is "Automatic fail"...

And, to be blunt, read the rules. There are rules in each corebook for the black market, and it's clear you've not looked at them.

The difficulties are close to Rarity/2.

A "vanishingly rare" (Rarity 10) in an area far from where it originates probably should be 3-4 red and 1-2 purple.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases