D&D 5E Living 5e

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Well, 5e rules are fairly basic at the moment. There isn't the bloat of Pathfinder. I have a half formed homebrew in my head that I could throw out as a starter for ideas. My biggest concern might be I have only DMed once in 4e (going to start Phandelver soon), so not sure of my strength as DM and adventure writing.

Creamsteak

Explorer
I started the original Living EN World thing when I was starting college and had a lot more free time (and a lot more dedication to games than school). It is a lot of work, but depending on what you're trying to get out of it you can streamline things somewhat. One of the problems, from my perspective, with the original LEW was that there were a lot of different directions things were trying to pull at once. Much like sitting down to run a single table-top RPG for a group of friends, you somewhat need to have an idea what you and the players are trying to get out of the game. We really wanted rules for item crafting and running your own stores/guilds/kingdoms as big picture stuff, since the idea was that players would be the movers and shakers in the setting. This sort-of worked, and brought some neat complexity, but it is also a LOT of overhead. Since 5e largely drops item crafting and such, I'd say it's probably easier in at least that way.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Now to be honest:
1. I am not interested in 5th ed at all, but I saw this on the line of games listed and think it would be a good idea for you guys.

2. Living En world (3.5) is dead

3. I see you guys could use something like this just for the fun of it

I have to wonder if you guys might want to take over Living En World's world and basic rules for game play. There was a last massive game that was started and then stopped with a whole bunch of folks in game and left in limbo

It could be said that the last game ended in a major fight that could be used to explain any world changes, then restart the world as 5th ed. I seriously doubt the moderators wold balk at this as it is a use of non copyrighted information that is the result of a lot of hard design work that has been left to "rot away"

Now I have been in touch with trouvere in another venue and could probably get his input or at least word of release.
But that is my $0.02

Remove ads