D&D 5E [OCC] Against the Slavelords PBP

Cathmore

First Post
My backstory is quick and dirty, but here he is! I kept him as an archer, but if the party feels we need him to be a frontliner I would be happy to change. I've never played a Ranger before, so either playstyle would be okay with me!

[sblock=Cedric White]
Name: Cedric White
Class and Level: Ranger (Hunter) 5
Background: Bastard
Race: Human
Alignment: Chaotic Good
XP: 6500

STR 8
DEX 18
CON 12
INT 12
WIS 16
CHA 8

Proficiency Bonus: +3
Initiative: +4
HP: 39 (5d10+5 CON)
Speed: 30
AC: 16
Spell Save DC: 14
Languages: Common, Elvish, Gnomish

Human Features:
Bonus Feat (Sharpshooter)
Bonus Skill Proficiency (Acrobatics)
Bonus Language (Elvish)

Ranger Features:
Favored Enemy (Beasts)
Favored Terrain (Forest)
Fighting Style (Archery)
Primeval Awareness
Extra Attack

Hunter Features:
Colossus Slayer
Escape the Horde

Background Features:
Wanderer
Musical Instrument Proficiency (Lute)
Bonus Language (Gnomish)
Insight and Survival Proficiency

Proficiencies:
Acrobatics, Insight, Nature, Perception, Stealth, Survival
Light armor, medium armor, shields
Simple and martial weapons
Str and Dex saving throws

Feats:
Sharpshooter

Longbow
Attack: +9 Hit: 1d8+6

Longbow Sharpshot
Attack: +4 Hit: 1d8+16

Spells Known:
Hunter's Mark
Goodberry
Longstrider
Spike Growth

Spells/day
4 1st
2 2nd

Equipment:
Longbow
40 Arrows
Studded Leather
Rapier
Shield
Component Pouch
Explorer's Pack
Lute
A set of bone pipes
2 Potions of Healing
Bracers of Archery
Decanter of Endless Water
400gp

Personality Trait:
-I am driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home
-Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood.

Ideal:
-Independence. I must prove that I can handle myself without the coddling of my family.

Bond:
-I will face any challenge to win the approval of my family.

Flaw:
-There's no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Appearance]
YOYUTPh.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]
I spent my early childhood raised by a courier in the captial city of Leukish. From a young age he sent me out with messages to be delivered and I learned to be quick, quiet and efficient. It was only later that I learned the courier was not my father, but entrusted to take care of me by the man who was my birth father. My father was a Suloise nobleman of the Dutchy and I, his bastard born son was forced out of his home by his jealous wife. I was still quite young when he sent for me to come live with him in the country side. His wife had died and never given him an heir and he never forgot his bastard son. The rest of the family would not stand for me to be made heir, they barely tolerated having me live with them, and so it was that I spent most of my time with the huntsmaster of the manor and soon became his apprentice. In time he passed on and I took his place, yet my father never gave up on the idea of naming me heir. The rest of the family, including my grandfather gave my father an ultimatum, if I could become a hero, a man worthy of the family name, then perhaps I would be given a chance. When the call went out for adventurers I pushed my father to allow me to answer it, I would make my name and prove myself worthy.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Possible Magic Items]
Ring of Warmth
Cloak of Protection
+1 Longbow
Bracers of Archery
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
[sblock=Possible Magic Items for Cedric White]
Ring of Warmth
Cloak of Protection
+1 Longbow
Bracers of Archery
[/sblock]

[sblock]You can pick any two, but would prefer if you pick either the longbow or bracers of archery that you not take the other as your second choice[/sblock]

Zeromaru X

Arkhosian scholar and coffee lover
Updated my entry in the IC with a picture of Alegast and the list of prepared spells (idea I shamelessly stole from BlueLotus).

BlueLotus

Explorer
My understanding was that I only needed a Deception check if I cast Suggestion for the first time during a conversation.The spell was already active since Levanna got off the boat. The way I read the spell description, my target doesn't know they're being magically charmed. A spell like Charm Person specifically states that the target will know he's charmed after the effect wears off.

If it's too much of an issue, I can swap the spell out for something else too.

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
Hmm sorry I guess I misunderstood how you were going to use it... but it seems reasonable if you maintain it taht way. Let me reread the spell and thing about it some more to be 100% but for now lets assume it works the way you want it too

Last edited:

BlueLotus

Explorer
No worries. I could have been more clear. I don't want to be a rules lawyer, we just had some miscommunication. If the spell is too powerful that way I don't have a problem switching spells and just using the Persuasion skill normally. What do you think?

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I tend to have little to no access to a computer on the weekends, other than my phone. That could change if I ever get around to setting up my new laptop. So I might not get around to posting for Tirion this weekend. If necessary, feel free to "ghost" him around. I sent him off to the bar so he wouldn't hold things up.

If I feel particularly masochistic, I might try posting from my phone. But I'll be back Sunday night/Monday morning.

Sorry!

Remove ads