D&D 5E [IC] Against the Slavelords

GreenKarl

First Post
[sblock=Roll][roll0][/sblock]

[sblock=Wisdom Saving Throw for Half-Ork][roll0], fail. You also would have been his Passive Perception of 10[/sblock]

The half-orc smiles and stands up slowly."Ah wats ever ye need pretty lady, I be your man... I make sure no one touches a single hair on that ther' pretty animal...​"

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
Brak Blood-Bear, 5th Level Barbarian

Brak took in the common room in one quick glance, identifying potential threats. At the present moment, however, he was most interested in finding a table that might fit the needs of the party... once they got done with whatever it was they were doing outside.

OOC: Are any of the tables empty? If so, Brak will seat himself at the largest empty table. Otherwise, he approaches the bar and shoulders his way to the front.

BlueLotus

Explorer
[section]

With a satisfied nod, Levanna patted the half-orc's shoulder and walked into the noisy common room. They weren't exaggerating. This city is a midden heap of scoundrels. We shouldn't be here any longer than necessary she thought as scanned the area, looking for Brak Blood-Bear.
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]If Brak is at a table, Levanna sits down with him. Otherwise she waits for the rest of the party to enter and sticks with them.[/sblock]

[sblock='Mini Stat Block']
Levanna (Wizard 5) 5th level
Initiative: +1 Perception: +2
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Investigation: 17
Speed: 30'

AC: 14 (Mage Armor + Dex + shield)
HP 32/32

In Hand:Quarterstaff
Off Hand: None

Spell Save DC: 14

Prepared Spells:
1st: Mage Armor, Shield, Feather Fall, Disguise Self, Magic Missile,
2nd: Misty Step, Suggestion, Invisibility
3rd: Counterspell

Spell slots remaing/Spell slots total:
1st: 3/4
2nd: 2/3
3rd: 2/2

Active Spells (c) denotes concentration
Mage Armor

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Zeromaru X

Arkhosian scholar and coffee lover
[section]"What are you waiting for?", asked Alegast to the others, and then entered into the tavern, searching for Brak and Lavanna.[/section]

[sblock='Mini-Stat Block']
Alegast - Wizard (Bladesinger) 5th level
Initiative: +3 Perception: +4
Passive Perception: 14
Speed: 30' (40' while Bladesong active)

AC: 15 (Studded leather + Dex) - 19 (while Bladesong active)
HP 27/27

In Hand:Rapier
Off Hand: Wand (of the War Wizard +1)

Prepared Spells:
1st: Absorb Elements, Burning Hands, Magic Missile, Shield
2nd: Magic Weapon, Mirror Image, Misty Step
3rd: Fireball, Vampiric Touch

Spell slots remaining/Spell slots total:
1st: 4/4
2nd: 3/3

Active Spells: (c) denotes concentration
None

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Tirion Cayde, Cleric Level 5 (Life)

Elredd/The Ghoul
Day 1/Night

Tirion watched as Kelvyn led his horse off the ship. It was a fine riding horse, which might bring them some trouble, he figured. The cleric listened to the Mad Elf’s advice. So it was the tavern, the brothel, or risk it outside the city walls at night. None of the prospects seemed great.

They headed for the Broken Rudder and were accosted by a fat half-orc sitting outside, offering to watch the horse. Tirion could hear and smell the tavern through the door. He wasn’t sure the half-orc could be trusted not to abscond with the animal. Tirion frowned as Levanna playfully flirted with the half-orc, and the half-orc’s insult.

Tirion bristled, stepping up to defend the lady’s honor, but the half-orc was suddenly agreeable. Tirion eyed the wizardess curiously as the half-orc agreed to watch the horse.

Tirion followed the others inside, looking around the low-ceilinged, smoky common room. About a score of people, mostly humans and half-orcs, and a few dwarves. Dwarves behind the bar. Tirion noted the exits, as well.

Tirion moved up beside Levanna and put a hand protectively on the lady’s back as he leaned down to tell her, “Be careful in here. And don’t go off anywhere alone,” he warned her with concern. This was no place for a lady.

“Find a table. I’ll get us a round,” Tirion told the others. “And I will ask about rooms for the evening.” As he moved through the crowd, Tirion cast a simple cantrip, just in case.

Going up to the bar, he waited until he had the attention of one of the dwarves before asking, “What do you gentlemen recommend?”

[sblock=Actions]
Casting Guidance (C) on myself
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
If it's okay with the DM, I'm generally going to run around with Guidance up if I don't have to concentrate on anything else. This is so I can use it on initiative. Thanks!
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +0
Perception: +4 (Passive: 14)
Speed: 30
AC: 20 (plate and shield)
HP: 33/33 HD: 5/5d8
Main Hand: None
Off Hand: Shield

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips: Guidance, Thaumaturgy, Mending, Sacred Flame
1st: Bless, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Guiding Bolt, Command
2nd: Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Prayer of Healing, Hold Person, Blindness/Deafness
3rd: Beacon of Hope, Revivify, Spirit Guardians, Dispel Magic, Mass Healing Word

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
1st: 4/4
2nd: 3/3

Conditions: Guidance (C)
[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
Seeing no empty tables Brak makes his way to the bar as the others are delayed at the door. The leaner dwarf draws some reddish med into a wooden tankard and slides it to the barbarian when he reaches the bar "Rutters' Red" he mutters "That 'ell be two bits" (i.e. 2 copper).

As the rest of the group enters the large room, notices no empty table, one group back by the bar gets up and starts heading for the door, talking about going some place called Coin Spinner. The group and Brak both make the way to the table without problems but most everyone in the tavern stops to stare at them, muttering about 'outsiders' and 'thats some shinny armor'.

There do not seem to be an servers here, patrons go up and get drinks for themselves. The tension level in the room has certainly gone up and the conversions become lower key, the singing stops, etc.

Forged Fury

First Post
Brak Blood-Bear, 5th Level Barbarian

Brak set the tankard of Rudder's Red on the table with a thunk as he sat down. Once settled with dagger in easy reach, the warrior took a deep drink of the mead, finishing off a good third of the drink. "Well, that hit's the spot," he complimented the tankard.

Looking around the room, Brak noted the change in demeanor of the patrons and looked to the front door, wondering who could have caused such a change. Commenting to the rest of the group, the human said, "So what now?"

GreenKarl

First Post
About then the door over by the dwarfs table opens and another dwarf emerges. He is clad in black mail and wearing a warhammer on his belts and a sword across his back. He wipes his hands on a dirty rag, tosses it behind the bar and makes his way to the groups' table. On his broad belt there is etched a mailed fist grasping many arrows, with an eye in the middle...
[sblock=Anyone who makes a Religion 10 check]The symbol is a variation of Hextor, god of war. The eye is not something normally linked to Hextor's symbol though.[/sblock]

Looking the group over he says "Well, well, new comes to my fine establishment... and dressed with such wealth indeed..." he gives a slight bow to the group with a lewd smile.

"Draken, bring these fine gentlemen and lady some steins why don't ye. On the house of the Rutter, of course."

Scotley

Hero
Kelvyn Human Rogue

"Most kind of you good sir." Kelvyn says to the half-orc, but he bows to the lady as he says it. Inside the tavern he takes a seat where he can see the horse. He quirks an eyebrow at Evendur's use of Cant, but says nothing.

Noting the change in the mood of the place he says to the singers. "No more song? Do you know the lady's lament?" he asks referring to a popular if somewhat bawdy tune.

OOC: [roll0]

BlueLotus

Explorer
[section]

Starting to feel even more exposed near the front door of the tavern, Levanna flinched slightly at Tirion's touch. Turning to see a friendly face instead of a hooligan, she relaxed. "Indeed," she agreed. She had no desire to provoke a confrontation, especially by being foolish, but she did appreciate the concern. She was even starting to regret using her magic frivolously on the half-orc doorman. But she also felt some swelling pride at Kelvyn's bow.

Levanna made her way to the table as soon as it was procured. She settled down, trying to keep her motions in check--to not betray her nervousness--and put her bag pressed between her feet with an ankle looped through one of the straps wrapped around an ankle so that she could feel it at all times.

"We should leave as soon as we're able," Levanna answered to Brak's question. "I'd rather not even spend the night in this city. But if that is not possible, then I must get some components to use for my spells in place of my staff. It would not do to draw even more attention to us with its prominent orb atop it and I must confess that I feel more vulnerable and a burden without it."
[/section]

[sblock='Mini Stat Block']
Levanna (Wizard 5) 5th level
Initiative: +1 Perception: +2
Passive Perception: 12
Speed: 30'

AC: 14 (Mage Armor + Dex + shield)
HP 32/32

In Hand:Quarterstaff
Off Hand: None

Spell Save DC: 14