D&D 5E [IC] Against the Slavelords

BlueLotus

Explorer
[section]
Levanna left the stein where it was set in front of her. She would rather not drink tonight, and she preferred wine besides. The dwarf's manner did nothing to ease her tension. She detected great hostility behind his cordial service and did not trust him. A gnawing ache was developing in her stomach with the feeling of imminent danger growing.

As Tirion and Evendur spoke, Levanna mentally reviewed her spells. Despite her concerns about her lack of access to her arcane focus or material components, she still had the ability to cast most of them. The knowledge brought some relief.

She remained silent, observing how the conversation went.
[/section]

[sblock='Mini Stat Block']
Levanna (Wizard 5) 5th level
Initiative: +1 Perception: +2
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Investigation: 17
Speed: 30'

AC: 14 (Mage Armor + Dex + shield)
HP 32/32

In Hand:Quarterstaff
Off Hand: None

Spell Save DC: 14

Prepared Spells:
1st: Mage Armor, Shield, Feather Fall, Disguise Self, Magic Missile,
2nd: Misty Step, Suggestion, Invisibility
3rd: Counterspell

Spell slots remaining/Spell slots total:
1st: 3/4
2nd: 2/3
3rd: 2/2

Active Spells (c) denotes concentration
Mage Armor

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Tirion Cayde, Cleric Level 5 (Life)

Elredd/The Broken Rutter
Day 1/Night

Tirion returned the dwarf’s bow. “My thanks then. Yes, we are friends to any who are friendly to us,” he said. “And a safe place to rest sounds perfect. Do you have advice on where we can purchase mounts come morning?” he asked the dwarf.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +0
Perception: +4 (Passive: 14)
Speed: 30
AC: 20 (plate and shield)
HP: 33/33 HD: 5/5d8
Main Hand: None
Off Hand: Shield

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips: Guidance, Thaumaturgy, Mending, Sacred Flame
1st: Bless, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Guiding Bolt, Command
2nd: Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Prayer of Healing, Hold Person, Blindness/Deafness
3rd: Beacon of Hope, Revivify, Spirit Guardians, Dispel Magic, Mass Healing Word

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
1st: 4/4
2nd: 3/3
3rd: 2/2

Conditions: Guidance ©
[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
Adreek smiles and says "Well if I were ye I would go see the good baron of our fine little port city. Not many folk but some local farmers even own a old nag. But the baron has a good stock for the Iron Guard that help protect the surrounding lands..."

The dwarf eyes the group and says "Well is there anything else I might do you for fine folks? If not I do have business to attend too..."

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
Brak Blood-Bear, 5th Level Barbarian

At the suggestion of the potential to do violence, Brak dimly raised his head. "Threats? What threats face us outside?" Brak felt an itching sensation from the leg on which his dagger rested.

OOC: Insight: [roll0]

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
"Well now my good friend, orcs, bandits and such... these are troubled lands and one has to have a strong arm to keep the locals safe..."

[sblock=Brak]You are not too sure you want to trust this Adreek fellow... he seems eager to help but you are not too sure that he really means it...[/sblock]

Forged Fury

First Post

Brak nodded and grunted noncommittally. He then continued drinking his mead.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Kelvyn Human Rogue

Not quite sure to make of the place or its inhabitants, Kelvyn pretends to drink and simply watches. Not entirely trusting free drinks in a place like this he does not consume it.

3SpdDragster

First Post
Evendur Buckman Rogue Level 1 (warlock 4)

[section]

Waiting for Adreek to leave, Evendur glances over at the other table very quickly to see if they are doing anything different.

“I think we have settled in a vipers nest,” he grins. “I suggest we follow out late captains idea of not staying here despite the assertions of our 'friend'. The Lusty Lady may be a place to stay but I would recommend us keeping a watch. Shall we retire there?”

Buckman leaves his drink untouched and saunters over to the bar.

"Barkeep, a bottle of brandy if you please."

[/section]

[sblock='Mini-Stat Block']
Grigor (Rogue1/Warlock4) 5th level
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5
Passive Perception: 15
Passive Investigation: 14

AC: 18 (Breast Plate + Dex + shield)
HP 33/33

In Hand:Rapier Silvered
Off Hand: Shield

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Forged Fury

First Post

Brak frowned, disliking the idea of being removed from a ready supply of alcohol. "Maybe vipers know about other snakes? I know of a friendly place near by, the Devil's Den!" The gladiator offered hopefully, "Maybe I can fight for pay while the rest make friends in the crowd?"

3SpdDragster

First Post
[section]

“Sounds like a great idea!” Evendur smiles. “Might be able to win some horses.”
[/section]

[sblock='Mini-Stat Block']
Grigor (Rogue1/Warlock4) 5th level
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5
Passive Perception: 15
Passive Investigation: 14

AC: 18 (Breast Plate + Dex + shield)