D&D 5E [IC] Against the Slavelords

BlueLotus

Explorer
[section]Levanna smiled to Quellathe. "Think nothing of it. I'm sure you would have done the same."

"I am well. Though I worry if the same can be said of any one else..." Levanna said to the group. "I could certainly use a break, and the longer the better..."

When they retreated to the abandoned antechamber, Levanna immediately cracked open her spellbook and began chanting and tracing mystical runes in the air surrounding the two entrances. After a short while, she announced that she had warded them to provide warning of intruders.
[/section]

[sblock=actions]Levanna will ritual cast Alarm on both entrances. The warning sound will be audible only in the heads of the party members, rather than aloud.
When the rest is done, she'll refresh Mage Armor and Water Breathing if needed. And she'll also ritual cast Unseen Servant. Now we have someone else to be digging in the muck!
[/sblock]

[sblock='Mini Stat Block']
Levanna (Wizard 6)
Initiative: +1 Perception: +2
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Investigation: 17
Speed: 30'

AC: 16
HP 38/38

In Hand:Quarterstaff
Off Hand: None

Spell Save DC: 15

Prepared Spells:
1st: Mage Armor, Shield, Feather Fall, Magic Missile, Protection From Evil and Good
2nd: Misty Step, Suggestion, Invisibility, Flaming Sphere
3rd: Counterspell

Spell slots remaining/Spell slots total:
1st: 1/4
2nd: 0/3
3rd: 3/3

Active Spells (c) denotes concentration
Mage Armor, Water Breathing, Comprehend Languages

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
4sbq50.jpg

Tirion Cayde, Cleric Level 6 (Life)
Where: Port Fury/The Temple
When: 3.4/Morning
Round 0

Tirion and the others headed back to the old abandoned chamber up the rickety stairs. They secured the doors and Tirion dropped his pack to rest. They examined the bag and the crossbow bolts, finding them magical. That would be useful. Levanna started studying her spells and Tirion settled down into prayer. Hopefully they could get some rest here under the protection of the wizard’s alarm spell and the secured doors.

[sblock=Tirion’s Actions]
Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration: 1
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
AC: 20 (plate and shield)
HP: 33/39 HD: 3/6d8

Channel Divinity (2/R)*
Turn/Destroy Undead (CR 1/2)
Preserve Life (30)

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips: Guidance, Thaumaturgy, Mending, Sacred Flame
1st: (Bless, Cure Wounds), Healing Word, Guiding Bolt, Command
2nd: (Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon), Prayer of Healing, Hold Person, Blindness/Deafness, Silence
3rd: (Beacon of Hope, Revivify), Spirit Guardians, Dispel Magic, Mass Healing Word

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
1st: 2/4
3rd: 0/3
[/sblock]

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Quellathe bowed slightly to Levanna, painfully aware that working with others was still awkward for her at times. Once they reached their resting place, Quellathe unpacked her healer's kit and walked over to Tirion. "I have some small skill at healing. Shall I dress those wounds for you? I admire your fortitude in the midst of that horrible stench."

Once she had tended to Tirion, Quellathe sat cross legged, laid her scimitars within easy reach, and began to meditate.

[sblock='Actions']
Quellathe will use her healer's kit and healer feat to heal Tirion: _: 1D6+4+6 = [3]+4+6 = 13

[/sblock]

[sblock='Mini Stat Block']
Quellathe (Ranger 6)
Initiative: + 3 (w/adv.) Perception: +5
Passive Perception: 15
Speed: 30'

AC: 15
HP 46/46

In Hand: bow
Off Hand:

Spell Save DC: 13

Known Spells:
Cantrip: Booming Blade
1st Level: Hunter’s Mark, Speak with Animals, Hail of Thorns
2nd Level: Beast Sense

Spell slots remaining/Spell slots total:
2nd: 3/3

Active Spells (c) denotes concentration
Hunter’s Mark (c)

GP: 99

Consumable Magic Items
Potion of Healing (2/3)
Dust of Disappearance (1/2)
Spell Scrolls: Animal Friendship, Detect Poison and Disease, Speak with Animals (x2), Fog Cloud

Naeris (Panther)
Initiative: + 2 Perception: +7
Passive Perception: 17
Speed: 50’ climb 40’

AC: 15
HP 24/24

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Kelvyn takes the quiver with considerable excitement. "These will certainly come in handy. If I can't manage to hit with these it will be time to retire and take up farming." He spends the down time checking his gear and getting a little rest.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
4sbq50.jpg

When: 3.4/Morning
Round 0

“Thank you,” Tirion said to the beautiful elven ranger as she tended his wounds. He tested himself when she was finished. He was weary, his spirit a bit spent from all the spellcasting, but he was alive and whole. That, at least, was a blessing.

The cleric chuckled at Kelvin. “Do you know anything about farming?” he teased. “Best stick to the crossbow. I wouldn’t want you to starve!” Tirion loosened his mithril plate mail a little and leaned back against the wall to rest.

Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Conditions:
Concentration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
HP: 39/39 HD: 3/6d8

Channel Divinity (2/R)*
Preserve Life (30)

Prepared Spells:
2nd: (Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon), Prayer of Healing, Hold Person, Blindness/Deafness, Silence
3rd: (Beacon of Hope, Revivify), Spirit Guardians, Dispel Magic, Mass Healing Word

3rd: 0/3
[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
Settling in for the night, the heroes set up camp, eat some rations and spend some time cleaning their gear and wounds. With the wizard's alarms prepared and a watch set they set in for the night. While not the most comfortable of spots the heroes are able to rest peacefully throughout the night. Those on watch heard strange noises at times but from far off and the alarms are never tripped nor those on watch suspect anything checks the doors or wanders nearby.

GM: You were able to take a long rest without encounter. You regain everything you get with a long rest, and 3 HD back if you spent them yesterday.
Now as to where to go next. There were a number of different tunnels from both the rooms that had the Aspis Drones and Cow in them...

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
4sbq50.jpg

When: 3.5/Morning
Round 0

After a night’s rest, Tirion felt much more refreshed. He tightened up his armor and said his prayers, feeling Pelor refresh his spells again. He ate some rations and drank some water and tended his gear. He glanced around the small room. It would be difficult to tend to nature’s call in the crowded room, with ladies present.

“Excuse me, ladies,” he said with a bit of embarrassment. He cracked the door a bit and went to find a more private place, returning a few minutes later.

“Where shall we proceed next?” he asked. “Perhaps we should do this a bit systematically.”

[sblock=OOC]What’s the first room from here? What’s the rule? Left in a dungeon, right in a wilderness? now I think I need a map! LOL[/sblock]

Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Conditions:
Concentration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
HP: 39/39 HD: 3/6d8

Channel Divinity (2/R)
Preserve Life (30)

Prepared Spells:

1st: 4/4
2nd: 3/3
3rd: 3/3
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Kelvyn follows Tirion's example and takes care of morning ablutions. His voice is still a bit hoarse from the violent reaching of the day before as he speaks. "Yes, I agree, we should proceed in an orderly fashion. Perhaps starting with the tunnel to the far left and working our way around?"

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: Assuming you want to stay 'left' from the tunnel the left way lead into the first room withe just the Aspin Drones in it. There were multiple tunnels out of that room, one was too the left :)
The other way into the room with the drones and the Aspin Cow there were two other ways out (one somewhat hidden but easily found after the battle.

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
After several hours of meditation, and time spent communing with Naeris, Quellathe felt more at peace with herself. "Orderly seems wise." Looking at Uhtred, and hoping she was not being to blunt, she continued, "I appreciate your bravery in so often going first, master dwarf, but the armor you wear is a bit loud. Perhaps Naeris and I should be ahead to scout?"

Remove ads