D&D 5E [IC] Against the Slavelords

Forged Fury

First Post
Brak Blood-Bear, 5th Level Barbarian

OOC: Here goes nothing:
Intelligence (Religion): [roll0]
Intelligence (History): [roll1]

Huh... Brak is surprisingly well read for one of so little intelligence.

Brak dimly noted the arrival and pronouncement of the Scarlet Brotherhood initiate. While he knew of the Scarlet Brotherhood, he had long ago written them off as ineffectual lovers of peace. If he had thought about it, he would actually have been surprised that a member of the Brotherhood would sully themselves by appearing at a fighting pit.

As it was, Brak had totally focused on the name of the fighting pit champion. "Braggi BLOODBOAR?" Brak asked Master Yaneth incredulously. "What kind of knock-off do you have serving as champion of this pit? I'll not have my pit name disrespected by some pretender. A boar? What is a boar but a fat pig? Where is this Braggi's challenger? The only person who will wrap their hands around this fat pig's throat tonight is Brak Blood-Bear!"

Clearly, Brak had forgotten about the poor man fighting the bear in the pit.

Last edited:

BlueLotus

Explorer
[section]
Levanna's eye twitched. She sighed and suppressed a desire to hide her face in her palm. The pit master failed to grasp the theatrical vision she was trying to impart on him, or else he had other reasons for keeping the man in there that he was not sharing. She looked back at the man in the pit. A pang of guilt shot through her as she realized that short of physically stopping the two from fighting, he was on his own. She started considering if any of her magic might help the desperate man when the white haired, scarlet robed man appeared.

With slight bow to the pair the young man says in a soft voice "I am sure Master Yenth here would be more then happy to accommodate your request, but it is important the the present fight continue without interference. I am sure you understand?"

"Oh? I thought this was a simple blood letting for the crowd. May I ask why such a base display is so important that a true gladiatorial match with the bear would not be preferable?" Levanna replied, stalling for time while she considered the pale man. She was puzzled about his attire and staff. Though the runes were not of magical origin, Levanna did not think that she could dismiss the possibility that this was a fellow practitioner of the arcane arts. With one final regretful thought for the man trying to survive being mauled in the fighting pit, she tried to put him out of her mind--she did not want to attempt to use magic while this newcomer was here.

"Levanna," she said by way of introduction after Brak's colorful bravado, stepping forward and giving him a slight bow in return. Though she was careful to stay near her companions. "And who might you be?" she asked, politely.
[/section]

[sblock='Mini Stat Block']
Levanna (Wizard 5) 5th level
Initiative: +1 Perception: +2
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Investigation: 17
Speed: 30'

AC: 14 (Mage Armor + Dex)
HP 32/32

In Hand:Quarterstaff
Off Hand: None

Spell Save DC: 14

Prepared Spells:
1st: Mage Armor, Shield, Feather Fall, Disguise Self, Magic Missile,
2nd: Misty Step, Suggestion, Invisibility
3rd: Counterspell

Spell slots remaining/Spell slots total:
1st: 3/4
2nd: 2/3
3rd: 2/2

Active Spells (c) denotes concentration
Mage Armor

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
The young man bows and replies "You may call me Brother Kost my lady. YOur humble servant. As for the match... this man has been condemned by order of the baron. It will be over soon I am sure..."

Meanwhile down in the pit the bear gets a glancing blow against the chained man causing him too scream and fall to the ground. The crowd cheers in anticipation...

3SpdDragster

First Post
Evendur Buckman Rogue Level 1 (warlock 4)

[section]
As Evendur firms up on the location of some of the farmers selling horses, he notices the very pale man approach Levanna. It was very strange he hadn’t noticed him before, especially dressed as he was. He couldn’t help but feel there was something significant about his appearance and attire.

He was slightly concerned about his attention towards their own mage, especially after the attention she had drawn in the Broken Rutter. Trying to maintain nonchalant he kept a wary eye on the two.

[sblock=Actions]
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] To maintain appearance of indifference.
[/sblock]
[/section]

[sblock='Mini-Stat Block']
Grigor (Rogue1/Warlock4) 5th level
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5
Passive Perception: 15
Passive Investigation: 14
Speed: 30'

AC: 18 (Breast Plate + Dex + shield)
HP 33/33

In Hand:Rapier Silvered
Off Hand: Shield

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Tirion Cayde, Cleric Level 5 (Life)

Elredd/Devil’s Den
Day 1/Night

Tirion saw the man in red silk robes approach Levanna. He recognized the robes as those of the Scarlet Brotherhood. The southern order of monks had appeared in his country shortly before he left his own homeland. He wondered what one was doing in an establishment such as this.

But the cleric’s attention was taken away from Levanna by another voice, a man dressed in fine robes and surrounded by four heavily armed guards.

"You look like a fighting man. Come to partake in a some good-natured roughhousing?"

Tirion looked over at the man and gave him a smile. “A bit,” he said diplomatically. "Though I tend to prefer my fights to be a little more...fair.” He glanced to the slave in the pit. “It is not exciting when the result is a foregone conclusion.”

He extended his hand to the man. “Tirion Cayde, at your service,” he said with a slight bow.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +0
Perception: +4 (Passive: 14)
Speed: 30
AC: 20 (plate and shield)
HP: 33/33 HD: 5/5d8
Main Hand: None

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips: Guidance, Thaumaturgy, Mending, Sacred Flame
1st: Bless, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Guiding Bolt, Command
2nd: Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Prayer of Healing, Hold Person, Blindness/Deafness
3rd: Beacon of Hope, Revivify, Spirit Guardians, Dispel Magic, Mass Healing Word

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
1st: 4/4
2nd: 3/3

Conditions: Guidance (C)
[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
The bear gets a hold of the condemned man's arm and starts shaking, flinging the human about as if he was a rag and then tossing the mangled body into the central of the ring. The man drops the spear and clucking his arms yells (in obvious pain) "Mercy, I... I promise I will not run away again... mercy"

The bear stands on two legs and lets out of triumphant roar, while the crowd goes wild screaming for blood.

No one is really paying any attention to Evendur and he can easily move about. Elsewhere in the audience, the rich merchant fellow also extends his hand to Tirion, replying "Marcus von Silverson". He also nods sagely to Tirion comment about the fight adding "Well the baron must maintain order out here on the frontier, what with the orcs and other humanoids that infest the hills. One can't give too much leeway to the workers or layabouts they start grumbling and plotting..."

Zeromaru X

Arkhosian scholar and coffee lover
[section]The Scarlet Brotherhood. Alegast had read about them when he was still in Celene. Some sort of peacekeeping forces that suspiciously only worked with those in power. "How human, indeed. Humans, even those who work for peace, only care for money", he thought. He then goes to were Levanna was, as the monk was as suspicious as the fellas from the Broken Rutter.

"And I'm Alegast, a pleasure to meet you, ser", he said, interrupting their conversation with an overconfident smirk.

As the bear tears the poor sod apart, Alegast could only think about how vulgar were the human beings of these gods-forgotten lands.[/section]

[sblock='Mini-Stat Block']
Alegast - Wizard (Bladesinger) 5th level
Initiative: +3 Perception: +4
Passive Perception: 14
Passive Investigation: 17
Speed: 30' (40' while Bladesong active)

AC: 15 (Studded leather + Dex) - 19 (while Bladesong active)
HP 27/27

In Hand:Rapier
Off Hand: Wand (of the War Wizard +1)

Prepared Spells:
1st: Absorb Elements, Burning Hands, Magic Missile, Shield
2nd: Magic Weapon, Mirror Image, Misty Step
3rd: Fireball, Vampiric Touch

Spell slots remaining/Spell slots total:

Active Spells: (c) denotes concentration
None

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Tirion Cayde, Cleric Level 5 (Life)

Elredd/Devil’s Den
Day 1/Night

Tirion winced, stopping himself from stepping toward the pit as the condemned man was grabbed in the bear’s jaws and shaken, only to be tossed aside with a mangled arm. He forced his attention back to the merchant, Marcus von Silverson.

“Certainly the man would be worth more alive and whole,” Tirion said. “Punish him certainly, but this will leave one short-handed.”

Tirion waved over one of the girls working the crowd and took two drinks from her tray, handing one to Marcus and dropping a few coins to pay for it. “And what is it you do in village?” Tirion asked him.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +0
Perception: +4 (Passive: 14)
Speed: 30
AC: 20 (plate and shield)
HP: 33/33 HD: 5/5d8
Main Hand: None

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips: Guidance, Thaumaturgy, Mending, Sacred Flame
1st: Bless, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Guiding Bolt, Command
2nd: Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Prayer of Healing, Hold Person, Blindness/Deafness
3rd: Beacon of Hope, Revivify, Spirit Guardians, Dispel Magic, Mass Healing Word

Spell Slots Remaining/Total

Conditions: Guidance (C)
[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
The bear seems to look at the crowd around the pit, almost with contemplation or confusion, and then roars again and 'walks' (as only a bear could) towards the lying man. It again looks to the crowd and raises a paw as if to ask...

And the crowd crews "Kill em!!"...

OCC - this is a good place for anyone wanting to make an Insight or Nature check. Although you all seem a bit confused by the actions of the bear...[/occ]

The merchant Marcus smiles and says "Well the lads need a little fun out here also. And the baron is nothing if not generous to those loyal to him..."

The monk bows to Alegast and replies "An Elf and a fine lady in our humble abode, we are most honored"

Last edited:

Remove ads