RIP Alan Rickman

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Another fine artist dead from cancer. Like Bowie, he was 69. Lemmy, Bowie, now Rickman.

He will always be Hans Gruber to me.

Damn. It's terrible when cancer takes people close to us. But it also rips through our culture and robs us of their art. The world is lessened knowing that there will be no more Bowie, no more Rickman.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
JUst a couple of days ago I was thinking that I actually wanted to watch that horrible Robin Hood movie... so I could see Alan Rickman's performance.

I have a soft spot for it. I even went to see it in the theater. It is awful in a number of ways, but Alan Rickman and Morgan Freeman do so much to carry the film anyway.

I never pictured Snape looking like Alan Rickman, but his performance can't be argued with.

Coming so soon after Bowie, it just seems all the worse.

JUst a couple of days ago I was thinking that I actually wanted to watch that horrible Robin Hood movie... so I could see Alan Rickman's performance.

Ryujin

Legend
I enjoyed Rickman as Hans Gruber, he was the only good thing in "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" and he was excellent in "Galaxy Quest", but my favourite of his roles will always be the cantankerous angel Metatron in "Dogma."

Remove ads