New MARVEL STAR WARS

Water Bob

Adventurer
this looks seriously good... hopefully they have graphic novels for us late adopters

Yep. That's what I read--trade paperbacks.

The Vader series is collected in five collections--

DARTH VADER
SHADOWS AND SECRETS
VADER DOWN
THE SHU-TORUN WAR
END OF GAMES

VADER DOWN is a cross over story between the Darth Vader series and the main Star Wars series. If you just want to read the Vader series, then read it in the order I present above.

If you want to read the main Star Wars series along with the Vader series (and I recommend doing both, as the stories will overlap, especially at the beginning, and you'll see the same story from different points of view), then read in this order...

SKYWALKER STRIKES!
DARTH VADER
SHOWDOWN ON THE SMUGGLER'S MOON
VADER DOWN
REBEL JAIL
THE SHU-TORUN WAR
END OF GAMES
LAST FLIGHT OF THE HARBINGER (Published in January)
YODA'S SECRET WAR (Published in July)

These trades also include extras, like the Star Wars and Darth Vader Annuals, some stories featuring Anakin and/or Obi-Wan, and End of Games has a very interesting short story only referred to as "Coda".

Marvel is also putting together bigger collections in hardback, but if you're hungry for the entire story, it's not all out yet.

STAR WARS VOL 1 covers issues 1-12 (which is Skywalker Strikes and Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon together - not sure if the extra content is included).

DARTH VADER VOL 1 is also hardback and contains issues 1-12 (which is Darth Vader and Shadows and Secrets together. Again, I'm not sure if the Annual and other issues are included in this.)

Water Bob

Adventurer
I just read a PERFECT graphic novel (mini-series, trade paperback, whatever you want to call it). It's the Han Solo mini-series. Perfect story. Perfect art. Perfect writing.

It feels like a new Star Wars movie.

It's the best Star Wars comic Marvel has produced yet (and Marvel has produced some damn good ones).

If you like Han Solo, you'll love this comic.

Yep. That's what I read--trade paperbacks.

The Vader series is collected in five collections--

DARTH VADER
SHADOWS AND SECRETS
VADER DOWN
THE SHU-TORUN WAR
END OF GAMES

VADER DOWN is a cross over story between the Darth Vader series and the main Star Wars series. If you just want to read the Vader series, then read it in the order I present above.

If you want to read the main Star Wars series along with the Vader series (and I recommend doing both, as the stories will overlap, especially at the beginning, and you'll see the same story from different points of view), then read in this order...

SKYWALKER STRIKES!
DARTH VADER
SHOWDOWN ON THE SMUGGLER'S MOON
VADER DOWN
REBEL JAIL
THE SHU-TORUN WAR
END OF GAMES
LAST FLIGHT OF THE HARBINGER (Published in January)
YODA'S SECRET WAR (Published in July)

These trades also include extras, like the Star Wars and Darth Vader Annuals, some stories featuring Anakin and/or Obi-Wan, and End of Games has a very interesting short story only referred to as "Coda".

Marvel is also putting together bigger collections in hardback, but if you're hungry for the entire story, it's not all out yet.

STAR WARS VOL 1 covers issues 1-12 (which is Skywalker Strikes and Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon together - not sure if the extra content is included).

DARTH VADER VOL 1 is also hardback and contains issues 1-12 (which is Darth Vader and Shadows and Secrets together. Again, I'm not sure if the Annual and other issues are included in this.)
A MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAASSIVE thank you to you, Sir! you just saved me tons of time (if not money... :p )

Water Bob

Adventurer
POE DAMERON

This is a damn fine series. I just picked up the second collection. It's set before The Force Awakens, but it does fill in some details about the new Star Wars trilogy. For example, you learn more about Lor San Tekka (who dies by Kylo Ren's saber at the start of TFA). And, you get to know more about each of the pilots in Black Squadron*--the X-Wing squadron in TFA that took out Starkiller base.

I wasn't that crazy about Poe when I first saw TFA. It took me a while to warm up to him. This book helps a lot because the writers emulate Oscar Isaac's performance of the character perfectly. You can actually hear the actor speaking the character's lines as you read the book.

And, we are introduced to a new baddie character that I think is just awesome: Terex. He was a stormtrooper during the Galactic Empire era. After the Empire's fall, he shed his white armor and went on the fringe, becoming a crime lord. When he heard about the rise of the First Order, it was like a wounded soul had been healed. His original passions as a stormtrooper were re-ignited, and his hope that the Empire's defeat could be reversed took him over, head to foot. He joined the First Order Security Bureau, eventually finding Poe Dameron and his Black Squadron in his sights.

Highly recommended.

AGENT TEREX

latest

*Though it's not necessary to read, there is more information about Poe's parents and one of the Black Squadron pilots in the Star Wars: Shattered Empire collection.

Water Bob

Adventurer
So, the Poe Dameron series is a real hit, in my estimation. It's on its third collection, with a fourth on the way, coming out next May.

I'm really enjoying this book. Highly recommended.

latest

And, Dr. Aphra now has her own series! She weaves in and out of other series as well, first with Darth Vader, and now with the main Star Wars series.

I'd love to see Dr. Aphra show up in Episode IX.

51nMDd5mLZL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Remove ads