D&D 5E DM's Guild: What caught your eye, and why did you buy it?

Serpine

Explorer
The first things I grabbed were the "Gunslinger Martial Archetype for Fighters" and "Savage Heroes - New Races and Backgrounds" mainly because they were both well rated. Following that initial grab I've noticed the things that most grab my attention are ones in which the preview image has a title, a related piece of art, and often some sort of parchment background.

I'm actually hoping ENWorld sets up a forum section purely for advertising and discussion of DM's Guild product (assuming there isn't one already that I'm missing).

Xohar17

Explorer
I grabbed the "Gunslinger Martial Archetype for Fighters" and "Blood Hunter class", and also the 2 monsters from flying ape: "Triggerer Kobold" and "Pustule Serpent", and they grabbed y atention because they have a nice preview image, with good art, and good production values.

Last edited:

Dasem

First Post
Gunslinger and Blood Hunter were made by Matthew Mercer, the DM for Critical Role. They're both very well done. He did Gunslinger because one of his players was a Gunslinger while they played Pathfinder, and they all converted to 5E, so... Something had to be done there.

I'm mostly interested on new classes and archetypes, but I feel hesitant to spend money on stuff that haven't been reviewed / rated yet.

Sir Brennen

Legend
Blood Hunter class because it was well rated and I did already look at and liked the earlier free version.

Monster Mausoleum (Undead), because the description was spot on about a lack of undead of certain levels, and it was done by author/game designer with name recognition for me.

DiBastet's Archetypes #1 - Barbarian, because it looked well done and had a particular archetype I wanted for my campaign world.

I'm curious about all of the Feats supplements, but wondering about how well balanced they are, and how much repetition there is between the products. I have a feeling they all contain a lot of the more obvious, low-hanging fruit in terms of converted feats from previous editions. A list of the feats contained with be really helpful in all of those particular product descriptions, for buyers to compare and to prevent other authors from treading the same ground.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I'm actually hoping ENWorld sets up a forum section purely for advertising and discussion of DM's Guild product (assuming there isn't one already that I'm missing).

There is. If you scroll down on the main forum page, there is a forum for news and advertisements and announcements.

Serpine

Explorer
There is. If you scroll down on the main forum page, there is a forum for news and advertisements and announcements.
Assuming you mean the "Publishers, Press Releases & Kickstarter Announcements" section, I'm aware of that area but was talking about something specifically for DM's Guild (especially since there will probably be a lot of it). As proud as I am of the one piece of content I've thrown at DMG so far, I always think of that existing section as covering more professional efforts.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Assuming you mean the "Publishers, Press Releases & Kickstarter Announcements" section, I'm aware of that area but was talking about something specifically for DM's Guild (especially since there will probably be a lot of it). As proud as I am of the one piece of content I've thrown at DMG so far, I always think of that existing section as covering more professional efforts.

Eh. There is an announcement from the 4th still on the first page. I don't think there's a need for a separate forum since that seems to do the job just fine. And I think after these few months of flurries, products will slow down.

Remove ads