D&D 5E This is the full set of 54 Tarokka cards!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A thread for gathering the Tarokka cards as and when we see them! Here's what I've seen so far. The full set has 54 cards.

[UPDATE - that's it! The full set of 54. Thanks everyone!]

CZBJdnfUEAA9dpc.pngCZBJhWKUEAEHWTG.pngCZBMx80UAAAOYoK.pngCZBOGRYUQAAZktj.pngCZBOU8pUEAALL_4.pngCZBTP6yUMAA7I49.pngCZBRPq8UsAA8WwP.pngCZBUhN6UMAAmOcS.jpgCZBVXRBUkAIa3ZZ.pngCZBWrcVUoAAzuGR.jpgCZBWgqrUQAArPBz.pngararchist.pngconstruct.pngmiser.pngtorturer.pngpriest.jpgtraitor.pngpaladin.pngthief.pngbeast.pngguild.pnghealer.pngdarklord.pngmyrm.pngelementalist.jpgdiviner.pngabjurer.pngartifact.pngavenger.pngbeggar.pngberserker.pngbishop.pngbroken.pngcharlatan.pngCZBdi_lUAAA71C7.pngdictator.jpgdonjon.pngdruid.pngevoker.pnghorseman.pngillusionist.pnginnocent.pngmissionary.pngmists.pngmonk.pngnecomancer.pngphil.pngrogue.pngsoldier.pngtrader.pngtransmuter.pngwizard.pngt1mercenary.pngt1merchant.png

Last edited:

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
Morrus, what are these? I must have missed something.

Tarokka cards are like a Ravenloft tarot deck, but with more magical powers. WotC seems to be issuing the images as a lead in to the new AP, which at some level involves Ravenloft and Strahd. My best guess that the PCs are whisked away to Barovia by the magic of a tarokka deck.

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
The Polygon interview contains what must be The Marionette.

This is the classic deck, with maybe minor updates ("Tempter" instead of " Temptress" ; "Seer" instead of"Esper"). I see they've kept the motif of using the suit symbol in the illustration a number of times equal to the card's value

So, how many decks to buy? :)

Last edited:

ad_hoc

(they/them)
I am happy to report that so far they match the Tarokka deck from 3e (which I assume matches older ones as well).

Nice that older decks will be able to be used without conversion.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
Nice images. Probably not what will be on the GF9 physical set, maybe? I reckon they'll be in colour?

I doubt it. What you see is likely what you will get.

The seer is new to me. Maybe a replacement for the mists? I wonder if that means that the mists will not be in the adventure.

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
I am happy to report that so far they match the Tarokka deck from 3e (which I assume matches older ones as well).

Nice that older decks will be able to be used without conversion.

There's one difference--the 3E deck has a "Hero" card where the 2E deck has "Esper." 5E is apparently going back to 2E with "Seer". The other change is apparently a severe allergy to anything that might be taken as 'gendered' language.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases