The Kickstarter for "JourneyQuest", Season 3 has just dropped

I liked the series, and I liked Standard Action. The final seasons of SA was pretty mediocre. I hope SA does better, but SA have accumulated a lot of plot threads which need to be resolved.

Ryujin

Legend
"Standard Action" is under the Zombie Orpheus umbrella (hell, sometimes I think that they're building a media empire), but it's produced by PhaseFire Films out of Vancouver, British Columbia. That's Rob Hunt. Given where the various actors moved in real life, SA didn't end the way that I expected. At least one of my chainmail pieces ended up in season 3 though, again, not in the way that I expected. It was designed for someone built like Vanessa Driveness, but ended up on a 6'3" beanpole of a guy (one of the backers, who had a walk-on part). I have no idea how they got it on him, but it probably took a pound of butter or a chainsaw to get it off again.

I think that "JourneyQuest" has been pretty solid. All the actors are good and Christian Doyle, apart from looking like the love child of David Tenant and a balding ferret (their words, not mine) has good comic timing. And what's not to like about a series in which one of the characters is a 'dangerously insane magic sword'?

Ryujin

Legend
Never got my rewards before. Emailed them. No response. Not interested.

For which project? I was a little late to the party on JourneyQuest season 2 but have backed everything that they've done since "The Gamers: Hands of Fate", and they haven't failed to come through yet.

Yes!! Season 1 was excellent, season 2 was sublime, I can't wait for season 3! This is definitely the best fantasy webseries ever created. Going to pledge at least $50!

Ryujin

Legend
Yes!! Season 1 was excellent, season 2 was sublime, I can't wait for season 3! This is definitely the best fantasy webseries ever created. Going to pledge at least $50!

Well they're currently at about $127K of a $420K goal, so spreading the word is the only way to make sure that this season is made ;)

Ryujin

Legend
They've hit the 40% mark on funding and have added a few more funding levels, at the halfway point in the campaign. The campaign is at the halfway mark and, so far, less than half the people who pledged to fund during the pre-campaign "Renew JourneyQuest" period have actually kicked in. Hopefully they'll wake up and add their funding too.

Ryujin

Legend
Not quite 50% and in the last 9 days of the campaign. About $30K has been pledged in the last 3 days so maybe the people who have been bugging them about making a new season for the last couple of years, but haven't kicked in squat to make the show, are finally realizing that they won't get to see it if they don't help to pay for it ;)

It would be a shame if this doesn't get made. It's some of the best stuff on the 'net, at the moment, and they tend to walk away from projects that can't fund. That's how "Natural 20" died. Every time DG/ZOE opened their mouths about a new project the peanut gallery would start shouting, "But what about JourneyQuest?!" They'll only have themselves to blame if it fails.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases