[Measuring interest] Anyone up for Amber Diceless or LoGaS?

SnakeNuts

Explorer
Good evening all!

I've been lurking here for a while and prevaricating around the shrubbery whether I should do this or not, but I saw another thread that was all about assessing whether there was interest in a certain game system, so I thought: why not?

I love diceless games and Amber in particular. The setting is extremely pleasing and open for endless creativity and variations. I used to play in an Amber PbP game many, many moons ago (called The Wheel of Dreams on the off chance that another lost soul from that game wanders here) and the GM there was fantastic at spinning yarns and deep plots. I might not be very good at the latter, but I definitely know how to write good :)

So I would love to start a long-term game of Amber (or variation thereof, see below) here and see where it goes. It's definitely a game for those who love to write prose-y descriptions and posts. It would probably not be a fast game.

However, the Amber setting might also be a downside for new players or people with lots of their own 'baggage' from reading Zelazny's books. So if that's a problem, maybe the spiritual successor "Lords of Gossamer and Shadows" might be a good way to go.

It is the same base system and has a more 'generic' setting (without the literary background that Amber has) and might be better suited to set up a new game in.

My plan is to start the game slowly, with most PCs on their own, giving them a chance to grow a bit into their skins and do some 1-on-1 gaming with them before plunging them into the main plot. (I've yet to decide what that is to be honest, but if there's enough interest, I will spin up the little grey cells)

As the game is diceless, there will not be a technical problem with that during gaming, but there might be an issue with charact creation which is normally done with an 'auction' where all the players are sat around a table and bid for the right to be the best at something. I'll have a think how best to do this without having to have everybody in a chat-session or something like that and without it taking ages to resolve.

I'm afraid players would have to have the core rulebook for whichever game ends up being chosen. Both are available from Drivethru, so that's not a big issue (anymore)

So, how does this sound to people? Good? Bad? Amazing? Let me know if you have any questions or if there are any issues with what I'm proposing.

Cheers!

Alex.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases