Pathfinder 1E Gamemaatery not doing deck of many things

Ezequielramone

Explorer
OK, I just wonder why this company (gamemaatery) which has been making RPG accessories for many years for pathfinder/paizo did not produced a deck of many things. Has the deck some copyright? Is there sone legal issue i don't see/know? They have made many good cards products, I only have condition cards and I'm in love with those. For me the domt should be a more successful product than other they have produced.
What do you think?

Nagol

Unimportant
My guess is they don't see sufficient market to pay for all the images, production costs, and provide meaningful profit.

Unlike condition cards, a good deck needs 22 striking card images and a good solid non-marking back so the cards don't become 'readers'. Small runs are going to be expensive. Large runs won't sell out.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There have been a couple of very pretty decks on Kickstarter. I don't know if they're still available. Are there any on DTRPG? That does print on demand card decks.

Ezequielramone

Explorer
Thanks for your time and comments. I didn't know about that page, delericho.
I have the "HTML app" from 3rd era which came with two designs. I know green ronin made one deck back in the day and I'm aware that wotc produced a deck as an accessory in one of the 4th Ed adventures. But all those products are out of my reach, sadly (I could print the 3rd era cards that wotc put for free on the internet, but I have not enough time to make custom good quality cards).

I see what you say that the market could be small, but they make product for, IMHO, a smaller market thakisis the one for the domt, like item cards.. I mean, I don't believe item cards have bigger market than the deck. Of course i climb be wrong and there should be things I don't see/know.
Idk, I was just curious.

Last edited:

Nagol

Unimportant
A decent solution to get a reasonably pretty set is to pick up a Tarot deck with a style you like and choose the DoMT cards from the major arcana. You won't get a perfect match, but a lot of cards have close analogues.

delericho

Legend
How much overlap does the Ravenloft tarokka deck have?

The Donjon and the Rogue appear to be the only two cards with direct analogues. Obviously, there are some very close equivalents - the Paladin vs the Knight, for example. But there are quite a few that have no matches - in particular, there are lots of DoMT cards to do with 'things' (Sun, Moon, Stars, Void, Throne) where the Tarokka deck has very few.

Nagol

Unimportant
It's not terrible to line them up though thematically or visually. Here's one interpretation, things starting with ? have other possibilities:

Balance == ?Marionette
Comet == ?Mercenary
Donjon == Donjon
Euryale == ?Elementalist
The Fates == Seer
Flames == Dark Lord
Fool == Charlatan
Gem == ?Artifact
Idiot == ?Illusionist
Jester == Broken One
Key == ?Avenger
Knight == Paladin
Moon == Innocent with the background moon in the appropriate phase
Rogue == Thief
Ruin == Anarchist
Skull == Horseman
Star == Transmuter
Sun == Guild Member
Talons == Beast
Throne == ?Dictator
Vizier == Wizard
The Void == The Mists

Koloth

First Post
Maybe you could use a Pazio Harrow Deck and just assign DoMT cards to various cards in the Harrow Deck. As a side bonus, you can use it as designed in Pathfinder games.

Remove ads