D&D 5E Dungeon Master's Guild: The Long Term

Sacrosanct

Legend
That, and practice. Practice really does help. I look at some my earlier stuff and wonder what I was smoking lol. Not too much from a content perspective (although there has been improvement there as I got a better understanding of what people want), but mostly on the layout and presentation side. Probably the biggest challenge I still have is organizing the information in the most reader-friendly format as possible, so it flows naturally with the minimal break of information. It's hard when you have several areas that all sort of overlap.

Giant2005

First Post
I don't know if it is a bug, or a semi-significant update, but I'd like to point out that some time within the last few hours DMs Guild started showing how many times an item has been downloaded rather than how many times someone has donated money for a "Pay what you want" title within the sales report.

Giant2005

First Post
Both values would obviously be better but I am finding this value a much more useful metric than the old one. By seeing how many people have downloaded it and chosen to or not to pay for it, you can get a good sense of what people actually like and don't like.

I had assumed that some of my less purchased things were less purchased because not many people had downloaded them. Now I know that they just kind of suck lol.

EDIT: I just noticed that you do get both metrics! There is a check box at the bottom that is labeled "Include Free Downloads in quantity" although it does the opposite of what it says it does (free downloads are included by default - checking it excludes them from the results), it still acts as a toggle between the two metrics.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases