Pandemic Legacy

Saul Goode

First Post
We have been playing this game quite a bit. Actually, we are on our second copy!
Having never played regular Pandemic, I was hesitant to play the Legacy version. But after playing, I was hooked!

Have any of you played it, and what do you think about it?

DSCF8336.JPG

Last edited:

Jhaelen

First Post
I haven't played the Legacy version, yet, but I'm curious about it. I feel that the regular version of the game is a bit dull.

Saul Goode

First Post
Since we didn't game last night due to scheduling conflicts, we are meeting today instead!
Me, Clint, Dave, my son Zach, and this new fella I met last night, Zach, are all gonna play Pandemic Legacy today. I don't think that's the only game we'll play, but it will definitely be played several times!

Really looking forward to it!

More news at 11....

nerfherder

Explorer
Love the regular version - it's one of our go-to games when no one has any RPG prepared - so I'm curious about the Legacy version too.

Saul Goode

First Post
Ack.
Played 3 games of Pandemic Legacy with my brother, son, and friend.
We lost both March games and the first April game.:.-(
Decided to stop after 3 losses in a row.
I blame my friend Dave.
We have never, ever, ever lost 3 games in a row until he played.
Every time he picked cards, one was an epidemic card.
Every.
Single.
Time.

*sigh*

Herschel

Adventurer
We've played four sessions so far, rocking January, February and March.

Then April and really bad card draws hit.

When things go bad, they go REALLY bad, like losing a continent bad, and it stays that way.

It will be interesting to see if/how we recover. We're still playing with the original four characters.

Saul Goode

First Post
Yeah, every time Dave drew an epidemic card, I would say "Things are about to get real!"
And they did get real.
Real bad, real fast!

My brother and I played our first PL game two-player, and we never lost 3 games in a row. Hell, now that I think about it, we only lost two games in a row once!
Then we get a new copy, invite more people to play, and WHAMO! One disaster after another!

Nytmare

David Jose
My group is finally going to have a chance to dive in this Friday, going with three players instead of four since we haven't been able to get the right tablefull together at the same time since December. BUT, I have questions.

Should I open up the box ahead of time and prep, or am I better off leaving it sealed till everyone gets there? Are there a lot of things to punch out, clean, and organize, or are things pretty much shrink wrapped, bagged, and ready to go once you open the box?

If we're familiar with "normal" Pandemic, should I give the rules a serious once over before hand, or will we be good to crack it open and just give the rules a quick glance through to remind everyone of the finer points?

Should I provide face masks and hand sanitizer?

Remove ads