Eclipse

Saul Goode

First Post
Again, my brother and I play this game quite a bit.
I really like it although I go broke quickly and lose every game.:blush:

Anybody else play this?

DSCF8392.JPG

Saul Goode

First Post
How well do you do?
Do you try for the core?
Do you go broke easily?
Do you think there should be more time (turns) added to the game?

I think the game is too short.

Nytmare

David Jose
How well do you do?
I don't track wins, but I'd say that I win more than 50% I don't think I've had a game where I didn't feel like I was in the running.

Do you try for the core?
That depends on too many different variables. What faction I'm playing, what my neighbors are doing, what the state of the board is like.

Do you go broke easily?
I can't think of a game where I remember going broke. That's out of about a dozen games or so.

Do you think there should be more time (turns) added to the game?
It's been a bit since we last played, between having too many different games to play and too many people in our group switching over to the tablet version of Elipse, but I think what I remember most about the end of the game wasn't that it was too short, it was that the final round was kind of lopsided in importance depending on when you went in the round, and that it lead to people overextending themselves without fear of reprisals.

Saul Goode

First Post
... it lead to people overextending themselves without fear of reprisals.
Agreed.
I've done it myself.

I've only played games where there is just me and another player. I try getting systems (for the VP as well as the resources) and I go broke too fast before I can really start researching and then upgrading my ships... which I eventually try to do in order to go for the core. But I'm always too late.

Fun game though.

Jhaelen

First Post
I've only played it twice so far, and only with the human races. I like it mostly, but there are some things that irked me. In one game a player was effectively eliminated from the game by a surprise attack deep into his territory. After that the game was no longer fun for anyone. There also appears to be a pretty good winning strategy that is utterly boring (although I suspect that expansions will have taken care of it). Finally, turn order is more important than I like, since it allows the leading player to grab overpowered upgrades before you get the chance to get them. Perhaps it's more a problem of badly balanced upgrades, though (, and also something an expansion might take care of).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases