Star Wars Imperial Assault Stories

ChronicaAoE

First Post
My group is on their 3.5th game (they quit halfway through when they realized their class selection was poor) and we're still having fun with this game. We've been rotating roles, Imperials, classes, ect, and it's given everyone the opportunity to see the game from a different angle. Also loving how the result of a mission will change the story, so even though we're familiar with it, there are still surprises. The line of sight rules are a little weird, and the monthly erratas make it hard to maintain continuity, but it's still the most fun I've gotten for my money.

In the first mission that the rebels encounter Kayn Somos from the Twin Shadows expansion, I favor a "hide the objective" the game. I had everyone strained up, slowed, mucking through enemies figures to get to the objective. They won by having exactly the right number of movement points, exactly the right number of strain left, and rolling exactly the right number of hits to my blocks. No room for error. It's moments like those that keep me coming back.

Well, that and the Vader Influence card I just picked up.:devil:

Jhaelen

First Post
We, the Rebel players enjoyed it; unfortunately, the Imperium player didn't. We played quite effectively and started to rule the missions after about the first three. However, in the last mission we met Darth Vader, and he just wiped the floor with us. I'm still not exactly sure why, perhaps we'd grown overconfident? Anyway, looking back I'm not sure campaign play is that great. It's just so friggin' confrontational. In a way, it's the antithesis of a good RPG experience. The Skirmish game is fun, though.

Remove ads