OD&D OD&D Now In PDF on DnDClassics

Oh the days of “I’ll start downloading this file and go to sleep.”

I also splurged on the premium re-release of a few years ago. Would love to give it a run for a couple of adventures, but there’s no way my group would go for it. Heck, 1d6 damage for all weapons alone would be enough to send them running.

You know, I'm a bit tempted to dig up an old dial up just for the sake of downloading these books through it.

Jiggawatts

Adventurer
I cant remember for sure, which one of the 4 main classes isn't in the original book? I'm pretty sure fighting-man and magic-user are in there, so I want to say its either cleric or thief (I'm thinking thief).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It would sure be nice if WOTC would offer POD for some of the classics.

The problem with that is that OBS uses Lightning Source as its PoD provider. Lightning Source has some pretty exacting requirements for the digital files needed for them to produce PoD books, and no scanned book will ever be close to those requirements. It really needs to be done from scratch (at which point it's not the original book).

I'm sure they could do for some selected items, or collectors editions (they got the white box stuff reprinted in 2013 after all), but not for everything. Too much stuff.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases