The Tale of Kitty-in-Boots, new book by Beatrix Potter discovered

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
written by Beatrix Potter in 1914 but left unpublished due to WW1 and various other "interruptions" The Tale of Kitty in Boots will finally go public in September 2016.

Penguin Random House Children's publisher Jo Hanks apparently rediscovered three manuscripts in the Victoria and Albert Museum archive, handwritten in school notebooks along with a rough colour sketch of Kitty-in-Boots, a pencil sketch of villain Mr Tod and a dummy book, with some of the manuscript laid out.

Notably the story includes a grown up Peter Rabbit as well as Mrs Tiggy-Winkle and Mrs Tabitha Twitchit

anyway I'm a Potter fan, we had a Potter anthology and I think that was the first book my mother read to us as children, we even had framed prints of Peter Rabbit, Mrs Tiggy-Winkle and the Three Kittens on our walls. So I am looking forward to this.
Unfortunately only one colour illustration was done by Potter for the story - which is sad as Potters illustrations are half the charm of the books.
87926856_87926855-640x320.jpg

so are you guys as excited as I am?

SunGold

First Post
we had a Potter anthology and I think that was the first book my mother read to us as children

Same. :) We had Potter's stories in those little tiny editions that are about the size of my hand, and they're some of the first books I remember my mom reading to us. I'm definitely excited about this and will be picking it up.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases