DMs Guild How Many DMs Guild Products Have You Bought?

Number of Guild Products Purchased

• 16+

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • 11-15

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 6-10

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • 1-5

Votes: 25 30.1%
  • 0 - Nothing has caught my eye yet

Votes: 31 37.3%
  • 0 - I only buy Official/ WotC products

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • 0 - I don't buy digital books

Votes: 4 4.8%

zaratan

First Post
I would buy good underdark maps for random encounters. Because, well... I hate do maps, but I hate even more boring maps without any terrain strategy.

Curmudjinn

Explorer
I'm currently working on a product to be eventually released on the Dungeon Masters Guild, but I have a question I couldn't find an answer for on the website.

Are you able to later change a product's title, or must you post a modified version of the original product under a new title?

In essence, an alpha/beta version to eventually become a final release. I guess you could delete the beta version and just post a new release, which leads me to another question.

Are you able to remove things from the marketplace once you have posted them?

One last question is, are you able to change the price on a product at a later time or must you post a new product version?

This also ties in to a finished version, adding additional material to a product, or just moving beyond an initial attractive free stage to get a foothold audience.

Thank you ahead of time for any replies, ladies and gents.

One thing I'm curious about. Are there any who have only started buying third party 5E products now? And if so, why?

I have bought 5E products from well known publishers such as Necromancer/Frog God Games, Kobold Press, etc.

However, my purchase on the DMs Guild was my first purchase of a smaller publisher. We've only just started playing 5E (our first session was 2 weeks ago) so I haven't really been on the lookout and the creation of the DMs Guild gave me a bit of an excuse to actually see what's around.

That said, I still haven't looked beyond the DMs Guild (such as to EN5ider or even DTRPG) to see what is being offered outside of WotC-approved 3rd party products.

Edit: Not sure why I haven't. Perhaps because I wasn't sure that there was a consolidated place to find 5E products. Can you search by products written for 5E D&D on DTRPG?

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I've only bought one so far, but intend to buy more. I just haven't had a chance to sit down and browse. Plus a bit weary of the initial rush - SRD5 hasn't been out long, some of these are probably slap-dash to get to market early and I'll let the foam settle a bit. I think there will be a lot of good stuff there, and more importantly stuff that fills gaps I want filled as a DM/player. It's finding it that's the trick.

DM_Jeff

Explorer
It’s interesting you cap it at 16, I think that’s exactly how many I got. Mostly $0 for PWYW, but a few were presented well enough to warrant a purchase.

More than anything it’s curiosity. I’m going to be submitting some material there and I wanted to see what the market was like. Overall I can say I’m surprised that the stuff I got was better, on average, than I expected. Some have really crappy layout, and do come off as someone's house rule document saved as a PDF. You can pretty much tell a product isn’t worth it when the entire tag line is something like “This book has new feats”.

So, one book of feats, one book of archetypes, and the rest are all Monster & NPC books, which as DM I have the most use for and save me the most time.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Dad
You should consider correcting the poll to "How many DM's Guild Products have your purchased or downloaded?" since many are free.

Ive downloaded 4 free ones, and paid for 3.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
I bought 1 because it had great reviews. But I feel I got burned, because although the presentation was nice the content was awful and unusable.

I will probably mostly stick to the Adventures modules rather than fan created content in the future.

You should consider correcting the poll to "How many DM's Guild Products have your purchased or downloaded?" since many are free.

Ive downloaded 4 free ones, and paid for 3.

Given only 3 people have downloaded 16 or more products and so many are PWYW, I think restricting the chart to paid only would halve or quarter the numbers.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases