CERAMIC D.M. (not the current one, a year old)

Mirth

Explorer
Thimble the Squit said:
I've had stuff judged before and I never got the impression it'd actually been really read through and analysed. Mirthcard gives his opinion and backs it up. Thanks for that. I'm glad you liked it -- and, I'm really sorry, but there wasn't an ending; that was all there was to it. My paltry brain didn't bother to see the story further than the punchline. Glad you liked the style though.

I actually have taken my judging cues from nemmerle in the Iron DM competitions and our very own arwink her in the ceramic DM, both of whom I think have offered really insightful criticism in the past, so I'm glad you took it in the way that I intended. Also, I wasn't expecting an ending, Thimble, I just WANTED one :D

Mirth

Explorer
Dark Eternal said:
My thanks to Mirthcard for his expository - it helps me a lot to have such a detailed critique of my submission. Helps me to identify the points I need to work on as a writer, which I need.

Mirthcard - I really had intended to submit an adventure instead of a narrative. Sounds like I should have gone with my gut on that decision... *sighs* When will I learn to trust my feelings? A Jedi, I am not. In any case, look for a rewrite of my submission in adventure form - I'll post it to the board sometime this week.

Sounds good, DE. I look forward to seeing it. Don't underestimate the scenario. For the first two Ceramic DMs I wrote almost strictly scenarios vs. everyone else's fiction and it served me pretty well. Check my sig if you want to see the judge in action.

alsih2o

First Post
SEMIFINALS

nooneofconsequence vs barsoomcore

PIC 1 OF 5

Attachments

• hs4.jpg
    hs4.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 239

alsih2o

First Post
SEMIFINALS