NAZIs, UFOs, and Alien Worms in Antarctica!

Saul Goode

First Post
This is the introduction to my playing of Scenario 2- Heliosphan- of the Neuschwabenland game by Tiny Battles Publishing.
I got the Print-n-Play version and assembled the components myself.

Here are the units at start. I have two squads of ski troops, one with an mg42, on the ridgeline northeast of the crashed haunebu, and a halftarck behind the infantry on the ridge, ready to support them. German reinforcements arrive turn 3 and are two halftracks transporting an infantry squad each. The Germans must defend the haunebu from being destroyed by turn 8. The aliens approach from the northeast and northwest from the corners of the map. The closest aliens are the 3 Wurm units to the northeast (thus that's why I stuck those infantry on the ridge), with 3 more Wurm units supported by a Tripod approaching from the northwest.

DSCF8423.JPG

Last edited:

Saul Goode

First Post
DSCF8906.JPG

Turn 2- German MG fire eliminates the close wurmer unit; troops remain vigilant.
- Wurmer units move closer to the damaged NAZI UFO.

Saul Goode

First Post
DSCF8910.JPG

Turn 4- German halftracks unload ski troops, who dispatch a wurmer unit. In the north, MG fire from the halftrack wipes out another wurmer.
- Wurmer still trying to reach their objective.

Saul Goode

First Post
DSCF8913.JPG

Turn 5- German troops wipe out all Wurmer units coming from the west. But now the alien behemoth known as a Tripod is almost among them!
- Wurmer unit in the northeast mountains attacks and over-runs the German troops guarding the hanebu, eliminating them.

Saul Goode

First Post
DSCF8914.JPG

Turn 6- German fire against the Tripod is ineffective, and the wurmer in the mountains evades damage from MG fire.
- The Tripod miraculously misses! But the wurmer moves up behind the Germans, trying to help the Tripod break through to the NAZI UFO.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases