(IR) IR Interlude between Turn 1 and Turn 2

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Edena_of_Neith here.

I must delay the onset of Turn 2 of the IR for 24 hours, starting a 5 in the afternoon my time (17:00 hours eastern time, United States of America).

I have eyestrain severe enough my vision is blurred, and I cannot clear it.
Not even with 12 hours of rest.

I have 40 e-mails to read.
I have 15 pages of correspondence to read, and arbitrate.

Then, and only then, can I properly begin Turn 2.

I must be present for Turn 2, must be at the computer the entire time, or most of the time (I was present the entire 5 hours of Turn 1.)

Although I have the stamina and energy to do this, my eyes apparently are another matter, and if I do not rest them, I will have eye trouble, and then we really will have a delay in the IR.

- - -

You have asked: who sent the mountain down?

I did.

The player whose strategy was to employ the mountain tactic had a sound plan, and his posts and e-mails were not flawed.
He did everything right.
His plan should have worked perfectly.
I'M the one who arbitrated that things went awry, and the mountain came in faster than expected, and hit slightly off target.

If you must blame someone, blame ME.
Do not rile the player whose strategy this was; if you do, I will have publicly embarrassed him, and he will quit the IR.
I should know.
For a DM pulled that stunt on me, and in that case it WAS meant to publicly embarrass me, and afterwards it was used against me in an act of viciousness.
And it wrecked the group and the game for me.

I do not pull that kind of crap.
My arbitrations are not meant to hurt or humiliate anyone.
My arbitrations are just me - and sometimes, they are just plain silly.

Bear with me, and let us continue this IR, and have some fun.

Edena_of_Neith.

Last edited:

Maudlin

First Post
Right-o, take care.

Don't think anyone was really upset at the mountain thing, but I'm sure the player will appreciate the clarification :)

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena:

I just sent you an e-mail on this question. (If you go to the boards before answering my e-mail, ignore it.)

Will turn 2 start at 5 p.m. EST- 10 pm GMT - today (Thursday in North America) or 5 p.m. tomorrow EST -10 PM GMT -tomorrow(Friday in North America)? Am I correct in assuming that we start tomorrow. I will e-mail everyone I can about it if it is correct? I will assume so.

Take the rest of the day off. Rest your eyes. Mine are not the best in the world either.

William

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena is in the Eastern Time Zone of the United States.

This breaks down to 4 p.m. in the Central Time Zone in the U.S., 3 p.m. Mountain Time, and 2 p.m. on the West Coast of the U.S.

I am six hours behind GMT. So, 5 p.m. EST in the US equals 10 p.m. GMT.

Serpenteye

First Post
About the Mountain

I for one liked the mountain stunt, although it cost me dearly . It was the most memorable part of the first round.

William Ronald

Explorer
Another Idea

Edena:

Here is an idea that may help with the eyestrain issue. After each 200 posts, delay the start of the next 200 posts for a day or so to catch up and recuperate. Players would have time to consider strategies, make or break alliances, and do things off the boards.

On our part, I think the players may need to post less often. Longer posts may be better than many. Just an idea.

Serpenteye: The mountain stunt made a big impression. On many levels.:D

No offense meant, Dagger.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases