[Feb 2016] What Are You Reading?

delericho

Legend
A new month is upon us, so time for a new thread.

I'm currently reading Pathfinder #101, "The Kintargo Contract", by Jim Groves.

Next up will be "The Shepherd's Crown" by Terry Pratchett, and then "Shada", the Doctor Who story originally by Douglas Adams (but novelised by Gareth Roberts).

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I'm finishing the fourth trade paperback of Lazarus and I'm starting The Fountains of Paradise by Athur C. Clarke.

Currently reading Stevenson's The Black Arrow. I like Stevenson other works, and this one is nicely done. But the constant faux-medieval dialog is making the book harder to get through than it should be.

Richards

Legend
I'm halfway through "Burning Tower" by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, the latest in their "The Magic Goes Away" series.

Johnathan

Nellisir

Hero
The Fourth Annual Years Best Science Fiction, edited by Gardner Dozois. I forget what year it is, but it started off with two stories I've read multiple times before, so that threw me for a loop. I was sure I didn't have it...and I'm guessing I read those in other collections (possibly best of the best or something), because all the other stories are new to me.

I finally got together with my friend and divvied up the rest of the books I brought from Maine. She took about a box, I sold two boxes, and have two+ boxes left. The bookstore I sold the bookswas really excited, even about the really crappy ones, because they were in such good condition (1960's - 1970's). So that was nice. Even better, there are more books where those came from....

I read Bolo, by Keith Laumier, end of January. Better than expected.

Now I just need shelves. :/

Last edited:

Jhaelen

First Post
I'm in the middle of 'Jack Glass' by Adam Roberts. It appears to contain three seperate, linked stories. The first was entertaining enough, but it strained my credulity quite a bit. The second story comes in the guise of a classic murder mystery, and so far it's also entertaining, but not very mysterious. Let's see how it develops...

Kaodi

Hero
I read actual books last month for the first time in a while but I totally forgot that I could talk about it here on EN World, :( .

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I read actual books last month for the first time in a while but I totally forgot that I could talk about it here on EN World, :( .

what? real books with paper and pages and stuff.

damn, I haven't done that in a couple of years,

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases