[Feb 2016] What Are You Reading?

Finished Finn Fancy Necromancy, which was a fun read. Calling it the Ready Player One of urban fantasy is close, but isn't quite right, and it definitely has its own quality.

Got Card's Ender's Game from the library. As much as I disagree with the author's personal stance on any number of things, I am curious to read it.

Nytmare

David Jose
Finished Ender’s Game. I’ve got mixed feelings about the book, but I enjoyed it. Next up is the Ballad of Black Tom novella.

Yeah, I really think that I read Ender's Game too late. I only picked it up when I was in my 30s, after a lot of pressure from similarly aged friends who had read it in their teens. I could see how I probably would have been more impressed/less bothered by it earlier in my life.

Nytmare

David Jose
Also I finished up Song of the Beast and was incredibly unimpressed with it. I disliked it so much that I had to put it down three separate times to read other books.

On the plus side I read Stephen King's Bazaar of Bad Dreams (really liked), and the first two books of his Bill Hodges trilogy (good not great).

Currently on Night of Knives, the first Malazan book from Ian Esslemont. Though clearly his own take and voice, it’s amazing how easily it fits with the Book of the Fallen series.

Remove ads