Check out the Season 4 Sneak Previews!

Scorpienne

First Post
http://dndadventurersleague.org/curse-of-strahd-adventures/

Check out the Season 4 Sneak Previews!

Spoilers below in the form of adventure blurbs. If you don't want to know the adventure blurbs, stop reading here.

In DM's Guild March 1st

DDAL04-01 Suits of the Mists
Strange things are afoot in the Moonsea. The factions have called all those willing and able to investigate strange occurrences in the region surrounding Phlan. Dark whispers and unseen terrors lurk in the misty shadows between this world and someplace much more sinister. Unveil the horrors before it is too late! Part one of Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts.
Designer: Shawn Merwin
Characters of Level 1-2, optimized for 1st
Playtime: 5 hours (adventure includes five, 1 hour adventures)

In DM's Guild April 1st

DDAL04-02 The Beast
Something strange is afoot within the Quivering Forest. So much so that even the elves of Greenhall have left their homes to seek out help from their newfound neighbors. But, their tales of a strange beast are not earning them any favor; especially among the Vistani, whom the elves suspect is to blame for their ills. Return once more to the Quivering Forest and learn the terrifying truth! Part two of Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts.
Designer: Alan Patrick
Characters of Level 1-4
Playtime: 2 hours

DDAL04-03 The Hangman
The locals are spreading rumors of the emergence of an age-old relic in a remote farming village. Surely you won’t be the only one to seek it, but can you afford to not be successful in this mission? And why haven’t they claimed it for themselves? Part three of Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts.
Designer: Jerry LeNeave
Characters of Level 1-4

DDAL04-04 The Marionette
A Vistani fortuneteller has called you out by name during the burgomeister’s private reading. She raved of an army of the dead, a delicate powder box, and a beautiful yet dangerous woman. Now the burgomeister wants to know why you’re more important than he is… Part four of Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts.
Designer: Robert Alaniz
Characters of Level 1-4
Playtime: 4 hours

DDAL04-05 The Espers
The time has come to venture beyond the village of Orașnou and explore the realm of Barovia. However, in your travels, you happen across an unusual tribe of people–distrusted denizens of the Demiplane of Dread. Do the Vistani truly possess the ability to see the future, or is it simple parlor tricks and deceit? Part five of Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts.
Designer: Ron Lundeen
Characters of Level 1-4

In DM's Guild May 1st

DDAL04-06 The Ghost
Old hatreds die hard, but sometimes it is necessary to set aside petty, personal disagreements for the greater good. The hag, Jeny Greenteeth, is wise and may prove instrumental in the troubles that lay ahead. Your task will not be easy, however, the dark forces of Barovia have agents everywhere, and eyes from beyond the grave no doubt watch your every move. Part six of Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts.
Designer: Ken Hart
Characters of Level 1-4

DDAL04-07 The Innocent
Designer: Mike Shea
Characters of Level 5-10

DDAL04-08 The Broken One
Designer: Josh Kelly
Characters of Level 5-10

In DM's Guild June 1st

DDAL04-09 The Temptress
Designer: M. Sean Molley
Characters of Level 5-10

DDAL04-10 The Artifact
Designer: Teos Abadia
Characters of Level 5-10

DDAL04-11 The Donjon
Designer: Ash Law
Characters of Level 5-10

In DM's Guild July 1st

DDAL04-12 The Raven
Designer: Matt Hudson
Characters of Level 5-10

DDAL04-13 The Horseman
Designer: Dan Helmick
Characters of Level 5-10

DDAL04-14 The Dark Lord
Designer: Greg Marks
Characters of Level 5-10

Coredump

Explorer
I am intrigued how they plan on people getting enough XP to level up. Even if all of the tier 1s are based on APL3, there will not be enough to get to level 5 even if you get Max XP. Assuming some are APL 2, and you don't always get Max (which you should not)..... it may be difficult to get to lvl 4.....hmmmm..... [edit: Upon further review.... the min XP may still get you to 2700.... I'm not sure about that.)

Skerrit, is there any info you can provide? Or do I just need to wait an see?

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
I must admit, I did quickly run the numbers based on previous exp awarded for 2 hour versions of 1-4 tier and other variations to see what sort of level people just playing Season 4 AL scenarios could get to. I think there will be more than a few people spending the 20 downtime for the 4-5.

In addition to nonstandard xp (which is one reason you can't leave Barovia, play a S3, come back, play one or two, leave for an Epic, etc...), the season will introduce a quest mechanic that gives bonus xp for doing certain things. Of course, there is always catching and DM xp as well if should so choose.

Coredump

Explorer
In addition to nonstandard xp (which is one reason you can't leave Barovia, play a S3, come back, play one or two, leave for an Epic, etc...), the season will introduce a quest mechanic that gives bonus xp for doing certain things. Of course, there is always catching and DM xp as well if should so choose.

I get that we can't leave Barovia. What about Death House. How well would it work to get through a few of the DDAL's and then run Death House, and then continue with the DDAL's?

I get that we can't leave Barovia. What about Death House. How well would it work to get through a few of the DDAL's and then run Death House, and then continue with the DDAL's?

Death House is levels 1-3, so I don't think you could play more than adventure or two from seasons 1-3 before playing it. After that, you'd be locked of 4-1 due to level but could start at 4-2. As for mixing Death House and Season 4, That's fine, Death House is in Barovia.

kalani

First Post
As I understand it, Death House is an appendix in the Curse of Strahd hardcover. I assume it fills the same place in the campaign as the Chapter 6 side quests did in Princes of the Apocalypse

Coredump

Explorer
The AL site has it listed for 1-4, so I thought it might work out. But if it really is lower level....it might not work as well.

My thought (realizing I have not seen any of these mods) was to run 4-1, 4-2, and *maybe* 4-3. Then put them through the Death House, then continue on with 4-X......

OTOH, lets explore Kalani's point. What is the expected starting level for the main CoS adventure. IOW, if PCs are starting at level 1, will they need to go through Death House? (Analogous to Ch 6 in PotA)

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
To be honest, If I run Death House Im going to recommend that my players playing that keep that character for the Curse of Strahd Hardcover and create a separate character for the AL Scenarios (do you know how hard it is to NOT type Expeditions?). Even though Encounters and Expeditions have gone, My Wed night game will still be my Wed night game, and I have already schedules Suits of the Mist on some Saturdays in March.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases