DC TV and tiny cells

Ryujin

Legend
Actually BSG did have toilets. On that show however, it bothered me because they had rolls of toilet paper and it would have been cleverer for them to have had something more foreign.

Given that they were trying very hard to make it relatable to our current world, that would have been counter productive.

Nytmare

David Jose
Given that they were trying very hard to make it relatable to our current world, that would have been counter productive.

My take on it through the entire show was that they were trying to do kind of the opposite, to make the viewers question their assumptions that it happens in the near future and muddy where it existed in the timeline. Rolls of Charmin made me think "either this happens in the near future or someone wasn't being very imaginative."

Ryujin

Legend
My take on it through the entire show was that they were trying to do kind of the opposite, to make the viewers question their assumptions that it happens in the near future and muddy where it existed in the timeline. Rolls of Charmin made me think "either this happens in the near future or someone wasn't being very imaginative."

Could have been worse. It could have been three seashells.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Actually BSG did have toilets. On that show however, it bothered me because they had rolls of toilet paper and it would have been cleverer for them to have had something more foreign.

I don't remember them, but I bet they DIDN'T have automatic towel or utilities with the glowing red lights...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The series would have ended a lot sooner if everybody on the ship had been airlocked by the autoflush toilets in the first 15 minutes.

"What is WRONG with this thing? Flush, damn you, FLUSH!"

"By your command."

"Wha...AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHH!"

[video=youtube;0ccKPSVQcFk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ccKPSVQcFk&sns=em[/video]

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Tangent: I have to say, even though I was never a huge fan of OBSG, I always liked the Cylons- among my favorite "alien" menaces of all time. I think they're still in my top 5 of mechanical antagonists, alongside the Daleks, Replicators, Terminators and (new) Cybermen.

Remove ads