Is There A New STAR TREK RPG Coming? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Well, I do like ADB's Star Fleet Battles. They did make a version D20 Modern, and GURPS. Too bad they've released exactly 4 books for it in 11 years. Other than that, hasn't everyone other than FASA who's had the license had problems with it? I don't think Last Unicorn Games or Decipher really had any luck with it.

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Block fredlove

° Friend+
    I'm really interested to see how this impacts WizKids and their license for Star Trek miniatures and board games. In addition to the Attack Wing miniatures game, WizKids also released Frontiers and Fleet Captains board games. And another, Frontiers, is supposed to hit shelves in May.

I'd be surprised if GF9 goes forward with an RPG unless it's just a portion of a larger licensing plan. But I'm really excited to see where this goes. If it does, indeed, produce an RPG, I'll be among the first to pre-order it.

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Block fredlove

° Friend+
    http://www.gf9.com/Default.aspx?tabid=348&art_id=4982

Oh, and then there's this article on GF9's website, published last August: "Now, Gale Force Nine will boldly go where no one has gone before with a compelling series of hobby boardgames that span the galaxy and beyond."

The article says the new series of board games will launch this summer. No mention of an RPG, far as I can tell.

My vote goes to an Edge of the Empire-engined ST RPG.

While I do love the LUG Trek RPG, I'm holding out (a fool's) hope that Fantasy Flight swoops in and works out a deal to create a Star Trek RPG styled after their fantastic Star Wars narrative dice RPGs. Narrative dice would be such a perfect fit for Trek, I might just have to homebrew it.

I do enjoy GF9's board games, so I certainly would not mind seeing them do a nice Trek board game. The production balues on the Firefly game are top notch.

But where does Wizkids fit into all of this? They already make Star Trek board games but are not mentioned in the news bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in the Funny Hat View Post
    Haha, brilliant, this popped up while I was posting the exact same thing. Great minds think alike, my friend!
    XP BrockBallingdark gave XP for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Man in the Funny Hat View Post
    I think FFG would have something to say about that.

It's official, the GF9 Star Trek game is a 'strategy board game' called Star Trek: Ascendency -- http://startrek.gf9games.com/Home/ta...mmer-2016.aspx

I'll agree with the chatter about using the Edge of the Empire system as a Star Trek system; way back when Edge of the Empire was still only 'Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay', I thought it would be a good match. You could have career paths (Science, Engineering, etc.) that use cards like the Warhammer careers, doing things like overloading the phasers or photon torpedoes would add Challenge Dice, etc.

--
    Pauper
    XP BrockBallingdark gave XP for this post

Quick Reply Quick Reply