Star Wars Saga/D&D 5th Hybrid [OOC/Rolls]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
I rather like the caring/activist vibe you had going with your concept, Forged Fury. A lot, actually.

Um... Shayuri seems to be going for more of a TK Force user, so maybe just go for more of a councilor sense/manipulate/protect vibe? Niche shmiche: it's all about character. Eh, I could equip Gand with a woman's voice for her/his/its vocoder, making it an all 'female' squad? What do you think?

Forged Fury

First Post
It's mainly having two female twi'lek force sensitives. Twi'lek seems like a really solid choice for force user, so we might as well have the full scale force user being one.

Unfortunately, my day is pretty full, so I may not get to character creation today.

So, we have a Charismatic Jedi and a Soldier/Sage type. Maybe some kind of scoundrel-like character? I could probably still put together something somewhat similar to my original concept, but maybe a little more capitalistic in nature. Let me think about it.

Forged Fury

First Post
I'm building my character, but am running across a few issues. The main one is the Medicine skill and associated feats. You have Medicine listed under Wisdom (which is where it falls in D&D), but all references to it in the feats section, as well as some prerequisites, indicate Intelligence. I need to know which way to go as I currently don't qualify for the Intelligence based requirement, but do if the skill/requirement is supposed to be based on Wisdom.

Oh, character concept is still pretty similar... Male Alderaanian galactic medical naturalist whose research was funded through a grant by the Czerka corporation. Part of the grant required him to provide Czerka with review authority of his research. At the same time he heard about what was happening on Dathomir, he realized that Czerka was exploiting his research by monopolizing potentially profitable discoveries and selling them for obscene profits before his research could be published. Extremely unhappy with those results, he sought help from the Republic, who assigned him to the party heading to Dathomir.

Forged Fury

First Post
Cal Domaru

Cal Domaru
Medium-Sized Human Scout (Naturalist) 1
Force Points: 5/5 (1d4+1)
Initiative: +5
Passive Perception: 19
Languages: Basic & Binary
-----------------------------
Defenses: Reflex 17, Fortitude 15, Willpower 14
Hit Points: 26, Threshold 15 (Second Wind: 1d8+3)
Proficiency: +2
Speed: 12 Meters
Proficiency: Light Armor, Martial Weapons, Musical Instrument (Vocal), Pistols, Rifles, Simple Weapons, Spacecraft, & Swoops
Combat Options
Survival Knife, Melee +5, 1d6+3, Finesse, Light
Blaster Pistol, Ranged +5, 3d6+3, Light, Ammo: 100/100, Range: 40/160
Blaster Carbine, Ranged +5, 3d8+3, Ammo: 50/50, Range: 60/600
STR 10, DEX 16, CON 14, INT 12, WIS 14, CHA 11
Talents: Acute Senses, Wanderer
Feats: Medic, Point Blank Shot, Shake It Off
Skills: Galactic Lore (+3), Initiative (+5), Medicine (+4), Nature (+3), Perception (+4/ADV), & Survival (+4)
Possessions: Blaster Carbine (+2 PC), Blaster Pistol (+1 PC), Survival Knife, Comlink, Datamap Reader, All-Weather Cloak, Medical Kit, Field Kit, Traveler’s Clothes, and 200 Credits (Credstick) (Encumbrance: 27.9/30 kg)

Background: Cal Domaru grew up on the peaceful planet of Alderaan. As a teenager, he spent much of his time exploring the wilderness of his home planet. This inquisitive nature led him to study the natural sciences. His explorations and education dovetailed, leading him on the path of a galactic explorer. Cal specialized in exploring Outer Rim worlds and studying the local flora and fauna for potential medicinal uses. While the work was oft times dangerous, he found a great measure of satisfaction from it. After a few successful discoveries, he was offered a grant by the Czerka corporation to fund his research. In exchange for funding his work, Czerka required Cal to allow them to review his work before it was published. Being somewhat naive, he agreed to the conditions.

After working for Czerka for a few years, Cal began to wonder why there seemed to be little progress in turning his research into medical products. After looking into a few of the worlds that he had previously explored, he discovered that Czerka had laid claim to the planets and were restricting access to them. As a result, nothing further would become of Cal's research. Doing a little more digging, he realized that many of the advances he had discovered could be used to compete with the products produced by Czerka medical subsidiaries. During this research, he also uncovered evidence of the exploitation of an indigenous species on the planet Dathomir by Czerka. Disenchanted with the company and his agreement, he sought assistance from the Republic government.

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
Questions/Comments:
1) Alignment: What alignments are available? I see Kel as being good aligned, I just wasn't sure if Saga utilized the Law/Chaos axiom as well.
2) Passive Perception: I applied the +5 recommendation for advantaged passive skill checks from 5E.
3) Languages: Not sure about Binary. I don't really see Kel dealing with Droids. Are there any other quasi-universal languages that he could take?
4) For Defenses, the way I read the passage was that a character would have: 10 + 2 (Min. for LV1) + Class + Ability Modifier.
5) Proficiency: The Medical Kit tool mentions that a character proficient in the Medicine Skill is already proficient with this tool kit. Is that correct? I'm trying to determine if I need proficiency in the Tool or if having proficiency in the Medicine Skill is sufficient for all my needs. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I can take proficiency with a Medical Kit since it is considered an Advanced Kit.
6) Musical Instruments? It's part of the Outlander background, but I don't know how well it really fits here. Can it be swapped for something else? If not, what are some examples?
7) Survival Knife is just a re-skinned Short Sword.
8) Feats: The Medic Feat requires Intelligence 13 (which I think you're changing to Wisdom), proficiency in the Medical Kit tool, and proficiency in the Medicine Skill. See #5 above. Just trying to determine what I actually need to take in order to qualify for the feat. If I can't qualify, I'll probably just take Sidestep. With respect to Sidestep, is the dice roll being subtracted from the attack roll or damage roll?
9) If everything pans out with the Medical Kit, can I swap out my Utility Belt and 100 credits so I can purchase one?

1) As there are no real spells or abilities that affect Alignment I am not planning on using alignment. There is the Dark Side mechanic instead. If you do "evil" or "selfish" you can earn these points. They don't have a huge impact on your character at first but can turn you into an NPC and you lose certain benefits if you get to many.
2) Ah seems reasonable. I will update that on my lists also
3) None really, but certain species can't speak Basic like Wookies, etc.
4) Yes that is correct
5) Yes, if you are proficient with the Wisdom skill you are proficient with the tool. I just did not see a reason to make you take both as the basic skill doesn't really do anything
6)
7) Ok
8) Yes I edited the write up there, so they are all Wisdom now. You don't need the tool proficiency. Sidestep is a reduction of damage, you can wait until after you take the damage to roll.
9) Yes that is fine with me, or just trade the utility belt for the medical kit and don't worry about the extra cash.

Forged Fury

First Post
Awesome. I'll update my character sheet above and add flesh out the background a bit.

ETA: OK, I think I'm done. Changed his name to Cal, for starters. I modified the Outlander Background into the Naturalist background, which basically just swaps Athletics for Nature in the skill section. I swapped the Utility Belt for the Medical Kit and took the Medic feat. Which actually brings up a follow-up question: Does the bonus apply per Hit Die or for the total amount healed. I'm assuming the latter for balance purposes (similar to the bard's Song of Healing).

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases