Star Wars Saga/D&D 5th Hybrid [OOC/Rolls]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
[MENTION=6801450]Trogdor1992[/MENTION]: And if that doesn't work, I've sent sent you a TXT version of the rules via PM.

So I should probably get rid of my Speaking Rancor datacard then? Let's swap it for Mining Engineering in a Modern Galaxy.

P.S. No reaction to the 'worried' line from Kaldo, by the way?

GreenKarl

First Post
Trogdor1992 if you still need help finding it, I could send you a PDF or something similar with just the text. I have another one with lots of artwork BUT its just for me and my group personal stuff as I just grabbed lots of pictures from online and I don't feel right sharing it.

Also here is an idea that I wrote up that might help get you started. It does NOT have any Species traits assigned yet (just basic character creation stuff)

Padawan (Duel Wielder)
Jedi 1st level (Acolyte)
Fortitude: 14, Reflex: 15, Will: 15
Hit Points: 31 (HD 1d10), Damage Threshold: 14
Speed: 12 meters
STR 10 (+0), DEX 15 (+2), CON 13 (+1), INT 11 (+0), WIS 12 (+1), CHA 14 (+2)
Proficiency: Lightsaber, Simple Weapons, Vehicle (Starships +4)
Skills: Acrobatics +4, Initiative +4, Supernatural +2, Use the Force +4
Feats: Duel Weapon (+1 Reflex defense with two melee weapons), Force Sensitive (free)
Talents: Lightsaber Defense (+1 to all defenses with ignited lightsaber in your hands)
Senses: passive perception 11
Languages: Basic plus one more
Gear: 2 Lightsabers (hit +4, Damage 2d8+2 energy & slashing, light, finesse), Short-range comlink, Breath mask, Field kit, Jedi icon, Datapad, Jedi Robes, Common clothing, credstik 10credits

If you choice Human you would get an extra skill choice (probably Initiative) and a Feat (which I would pick up Duel Weapon Master). You also get +1 to two stats so maybe DEX and either CON or INT. I gave him two lightsabers but dropped some other stuff just so that he could start with 2 (as normally you only get to start with one). Or you could make it a Double-Bladed lightsaber (which are also cool :) )

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
Well I am going to try and keep the story moving along. I hope that Trogdor1992 and Shayuri can get their characters done sometime soon... :( any help I can offer please let me know.

GreenKarl

First Post
sblock -Actions
If it's later, the gand will spend the hour until hyperspace exploring the ship, please GreenKarl: all cabins, including the captain's (visual only there), common area, cargo hold, engine room? Looking to 1. Get a good feel for the lay of the land, and 2. find cleaning and maintenance supplies. :)

Anything?

===

The door with the captain's name on the door is locked, the other 5 staterooms are more or less the same except that the one next to the captain's cabin has a view port. The staterooms all have a folding table/combo-bed and personal vidviewer and audioplayer. They is a small storage locked in each room build into the walls. There is one additional room in the hallway with a head/bath/shower room. You also see there is an emergency hatch to a lifeboat in the ceiling just inside the doorway of the hallway and a ladder leading up to it. The door to the bridge is locked as are the two doors to the cargo area. In the common room is the central table that acts as a common dinner room table/holovid viewer and game table. Playing around with it a bit you do find a basic outlay of the ship that shows the two hallways leading to the cargo area and the engine room at the very back. The hallway to the bridge is also suppose to lead to a gunner turret access mount. There are a number of cabinets in the common room mostly filled with prepacked food and water packs. You also find a few emergency fire extinguishers and a breather masks but not spare filter systems. There is also one battered vacuum suit in a storage closet but you are not 100% is its functional... In all your searching you find no maintenance or cleaing supplies.

Sezarious

Explorer
Hi

Don't know if i'm a little late, but i have a character i never really got the chance to use in a recent PBP. The game just never got off the ground unfortunately. The character would need some tweaking as she is currently level 2 and I am happy to change attributes to point-buy etc but i thought i'd send you this to see what you think.

Created using non-saga rules, she's a fringer who I negotiated to have force sensitivity. My plan with her was to be fairly judgemental of other force users. She would naturally make a good jedi if she wasn't biased against all force users. She is repulsed by dark force users and their emotional incontinence. She would be unaware that she is force sensitive and puts awareness of her available 'enhance' powers down to adrenaline. She will deny training or even suggestions that she is force sensitive as she would prefer a thermal detonator over the force or a carbine over a lightsaber any day. In melee, she would use a bayonet to parry and then pull the trigger.

I've got additional backstory if you get back to me interested. If you are, is it possible i could keep her fringer class? I don't think it's OP, it's just kind of a fun class. Almost bard-ish?

[sblock=Character concept]Jihahna Darut - Human ex-mercenary Fringer

Strength 14
Dexterity 17
Constitution 15
Intelligence 15
Wisdom 13
Charisma 9

BAB: +1
Fort:3+2=5
Ref:2+3=5
Will:0+1=5

Defense Bonus:10(Base)+4 (Class)+3(Dex)=17

Wounds: 15
Vitality Points: 20

Skills: (6+2)x4=32(+4 for human)=36

*Climb:5+2=7
*Diplomacy -1=2
*Hide:5+3=8
Jump:2+2=4
*Listen:5+1=6
*Pilot=3+3=6
Craft (Robotics)=2+2=4
*Repair (Fringer bonus class skill):3+2=5
*Ride:3+3=6
*Search:5+1=6
*Spot:5+1=6
*Survival:5+1=6
Swim:2+2=4

Languages: Basic, Gamorrean, Huttese, Jawa trade Language.

Feats:
(Class)Blaster Rifle proficiency
(1st) Point Blank Shot
(Human) Precise Shot

Wields a light repeating blaster: 3d8 (19-20x2) 40m 6kg, Energy, Multi/Auto, Large Weap

Once a Mercenary on Tatooine who worked for the Hutts, Jihahna lost her left arm and leg escaping them after she had a change of heart as to her occupation. They sent a bounty hunter after her and she paid a heavy price, though managed to leave her mark on the hunter in return. Afterwards, she went abroad, spending the last of her credits on new prosthetic limbs and a ticket off-world. Now she seeks to support a nobler cause, but doesn't know where to start, except through mercenary work, the only work she really knows how to do.[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
Interesting but we are using Star Wars Saga updated with some D&D 5th ed. thrown in. I believe your character is a Star Wars Revised version correct? The Fringer class got merged into the Scout and Scoundrel classes in Saga and they went back to just Hit Points instead of the Hit Point/Vitality split. They way she is built looks a little more Soldier in the new rules but a Scout could work with the some feats. Also the characters right now are 1st level although they will be raising fairly fast as I want to move through levels quickly to test out the system.

IF you are interested let me know you can see my conversion notes HERE

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases