[GUIDE] The Art of Battleraging

Markh3rd

Explorer
I know the letter of the law may say no. But it can be argued that because spiked armor is a weapon, and when battleragers use it to grapple, which does damage as a weapon (3 points), then it could be argued in this one exception when a battlerager dwarf in spiked armor uses a grapple attack, but could be reasonably considered a weapon attack instead. Anyone else in any other armor, including spiked, no. But if it can do 3 points of damage, it must be a weapon. The 3 points don't come from bad breath (or maybe it does!).

I would allow it. I mean, you grapple a target and the damage only happens once. It's not like if you maintain the grapple the target keeps taking damage. I'm not going to worry over 3 more points for example against a 156hp target. But that's me, you do what you want with it.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
If the letter of the law says no, then that's where the buck stops. Because that's the only baseline a guide can take.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I know the letter of the law may say no. But it can be argued that because spiked armor is a weapon, and when battleragers use it to grapple, which does damage as a weapon (3 points), then it could be argued in this one exception when a battlerager dwarf in spiked armor uses a grapple attack, but could be reasonably considered a weapon attack instead. Anyone else in any other armor, including spiked, no. But if it can do 3 points of damage, it must be a weapon. The 3 points don't come from bad breath (or maybe it does!).

I would allow it. I mean, you grapple a target and the damage only happens once. It's not like if you maintain the grapple the target keeps taking damage. I'm not going to worry over 3 more points for example against a 156hp target. But that's me, you do what you want with it.

I can make lots of arguments like that:
You shouldn't be able to attack with a bow when an enemy is in melee range.
You should be able to use a hand crossbow and shield because you could reload with your teeth.
Any character should deal damage when they grapple and are wearing spike armor.
ETC.

For almost anything there's a reason to make a houserule about the interactions if it bothers you that much. None of those are houserules (including yours above) that I would expect many tables to use.

Remove ads