D&D 5E [GUIDE] Thy Fearful Symmetry: A Circle of the Moon Handbook (original)

Zene

First Post
What's the consensus on VGtM Kobold Druids? I.e., does Pack Tactics carry over (since it is a benefit, and the wild shape is not physically prevented from doing it), and does Sunlight Sensitivity not carry over (since it is not a benefit)?

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Rule of thumb is physical benefits don't carry over. Likewise, neither should weaknesses.
A Kobolian Moon Druid should no more suffer Sunlight Sensitivity in animal form than a Half-Elf benefit from Darkvision.

Pack Tactics isn't something physical, so I'd say you can use it, but ask your DM.

What's the consensus on VGtM Kobold Druids? I.e., does Pack Tactics carry over (since it is a benefit, and the wild shape is not physically prevented from doing it), and does Sunlight Sensitivity not carry over (since it is not a benefit)?

Sunlight Sensitivity isn't a special sense, so it doesn't get replaced--it carries over. Ditto Pack Tactics.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
On the contrary, Sunlight Sensitivity is clearly tied into the sense, and so gets replaced.

Last edited:

RCanine

First Post
I would allow pack tactics and remove sunlight sensitivity. That's the recompense you get for having to be a kobold most of the time.

Although I'd add no mechnical downsides with being a kobold, it would be a frequent topic of conversation amongst NPCs.

Remove ads