FINDLAY, Ohio - Looking for new players

RDSnav

Explorer
Due to job promotions we've lost several members in the last year or so and are looking for some additional players to our twice a month game. We've all been together since the 90s and are over 40.

The games are played at my home. Most campaigns are ran my myself and last for long periods but I'm not adverse to getting some time on the other side of the game screen.

I should also add that we've played 2nd Edition and 3.5 D&D (of course), Mechwarrior, Gamma World, Shadowrun, Champions (to be honest that was a long time ago), Battletech but have mainly moved on to Pathfinder when D&D went to 4th Ed. I normally run using the Forgotten Realms but I've stopped buying products after moving to Pathfinder.

Coppertop1776

First Post
Did you ever fill in your group by chance? Finally got off my duff recently to get back into AD&D/D&D. Originally played an extremely customized version of AD&D 1e with a few elements pulled from 3e (non-combat/class). Currently have the necessary books for Pathfinder and 5e. Been in Findlay for about 10 years now, live down near Brinkman's.

RDSnav

Explorer
Did you ever fill in your group by chance? Finally got off my duff recently to get back into AD&D/D&D. Originally played an extremely customized version of AD&D 1e with a few elements pulled from 3e (non-combat/class). Currently have the necessary books for Pathfinder and 5e. Been in Findlay for about 10 years now, live down near Brinkman's.

We ended up getting two players and have 5 players at this time. One of our guys just got a new job and it's 7 days a week so he had to drop out for the time being. Another (my brother) will join the group on Nov 19th (his employer had someone quit and they are just now getting the new employee trained up). In the old second edition days I regularly had anywhere from 6 to 12 players so I'm not opposed to additional members. I will bring it up to the group this week.

November 5th is our next game session. We play every two weeks and we're seeing which weekends we can get together in Dec but I figure that we'll be lucky to play Dec 3rd. We generally don't play after that with holiday shopping and family dinners.

We are playing 5th edition and learning as we go. I've used the forgotten realms since 1987 and I'm doing my best to wrap my head around all the changes that Hasbro did (and then tried to undo) to the realms.

I'll let you know what everyone says in the next few days and thanks for the interest.

Coppertop1776

First Post
We ended up getting two players and have 5 players at this time. One of our guys just got a new job and it's 7 days a week so he had to drop out for the time being. Another (my brother) will join the group on Nov 19th (his employer had someone quit and they are just now getting the new employee trained up). In the old second edition days I regularly had anywhere from 6 to 12 players so I'm not opposed to additional members. I will bring it up to the group this week.

November 5th is our next game session. We play every two weeks and we're seeing which weekends we can get together in Dec but I figure that we'll be lucky to play Dec 3rd. We generally don't play after that with holiday shopping and family dinners.

We are playing 5th edition and learning as we go. I've used the forgotten realms since 1987 and I'm doing my best to wrap my head around all the changes that Hasbro did (and then tried to undo) to the realms.

I'll let you know what everyone says in the next few days and thanks for the interest.

No worries, depending on when you play on the 5th my availability may be limited anyway. I have to be in Toledo until ~4pm for some meetings at UT. I just found the post and figured it was worth asking. I actually had checked out Post Board Gaming and discovered they were more Magic the Gathering than anything.

RDSnav

Explorer
No worries, depending on when you play on the 5th my availability may be limited anyway. I have to be in Toledo until ~4pm for some meetings at UT. I just found the post and figured it was worth asking. I actually had checked out Post Board Gaming and discovered they were more Magic the Gathering than anything.

I forgot about the time...We get together at 4 PM and it's not unusual to sit around talking till 5 PM or waiting for stragglers so coming in late wouldn't be a problem.

I tried going to PBG too to post for players and found they didn't even have a board for that. It's always good to ask and I hate to turn anyone away. I think I've only done that once and that was over two decades ago and she was just there to socialize and kept interrupting the game.

Coppertop1776

First Post
The time will work fine, I just wanted to warn in case you started earlier in the day. Just let me know and any details I need to be aware of or take care of ahead of time.

Euphractus

First Post
Hi! Looks like I am almost at the one year anniversary of your post.

If there is still room in your campaign, I would be interested in joining. I moved to Findlay from PA this past August.

RDSnav

Explorer
Hi! Looks like I am almost at the one year anniversary of your post.

If there is still room in your campaign, I would be interested in joining. I moved to Findlay from PA this past August.

I think we could fit one more. Right now we have 7 players. I'll send a private message.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases