Ghostbusters! [spoilers]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I so want this to be good, but I'm nervous. Here's the main villain. From the NY Toy Fair thingy. His name is Rowan.

Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 11.38.45.png

Ryujin

Legend
People who have seen the dailies are saying that Hemsworth is hilarious in the gender-flipped Janine Melnitz role.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
People who have seen the dailies are saying that Hemsworth is hilarious in the gender-flipped Janine Melnitz role.

has anyone else noticed that since the first movie Janine Melnitz has become progressively sexier? Not that Annie Potts wasn't an attractive lady, but the character was presented first as relatively plain. Or maybe I've just been checking out too many Cosplay portrayals :)

I'm hoping that this is presented as a "Spawn of Ghostbusters" follow up team and not a remark. Apparently the old cast is making cameos (except Rick Moranis)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
has anyone else noticed that since the first movie Janine Melnitz has become progressively sexier? Not that Annie Potts wasn't an attractive lady, but the character was presented first as relatively plain. Or maybe I've just been checking out too many Cosplay portrayals :)

She was portrayed slightly differently in the second film, yeah. There have only been two. If she was in the cartoons, I never saw those.

I'm hoping that this is presented as a "Spawn of Ghostbusters" follow up team and not a remark. Apparently the old cast is making cameos (except Rick Moranis)

Reboot, sorry. The old cast cameos are as taxi drivers and the like.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
She was portrayed slightly differently in the second film, yeah. There have only been two. If she was in the cartoons, I never saw those.

Reboot, sorry. The old cast cameos are as taxi drivers and the like.

yeah I was including the cartoons too

damn about the reboot! still Girlbusters might work, but the talent they are competing with in the original cast is going to be a challenge

MechaPilot

Explorer
yeah I was including the cartoons too

damn about the reboot! still Girlbusters might work, but the talent they are competing with in the original cast is going to be a challenge

Are they actually competing though?

Sure, it's a reboot, but nothing says you have to like one and not the other. As long as it's got a good story, engaging characters, good dialogue, and it makes me laugh (I am assuming that the reboot is still going to be a comedy), I have room in heart (i.e. DVD collection) for both.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases