Death House - available now on Dragon+

The WotC AL team consisted of Greg Bilsland, Shelly Mazzanoble, Chris Lindsay, and Chris Tulach. (See the intro page of any AL Expeditions module.) One of the Chris's (I forget which) is no longer on the team, having migrated over to the Magic side of the business.

Mr. Tulach is the one that went over to Magic.

CapnZapp

Legend
Anyone else notice there's more than one version of this file?

When I downloaded the "Curse of Strahd Introductory Adventure" file on the 19th, I got a 2250 KB PDF.

When I just now clicked the link (again, not remembering my previous download), the file is 1649 KB.

The very first paragraph used to read
You can run Curse of Strahd for 1st-level characters
with the help of this optional mini-adventure, which is
designed to advance characters to 3rd level. Players
creating 1st-level characters can use the haunted one
character background in appendix A, or they can pick
backgrounds from the Player’s Handbook as normal.

Now it reads just
You can run Curse of Strahd for 1st-level characters
with the help of this optional mini-adventure, which is
designed to advance characters to 3rd level.
At the bottom, there used to be a "©2016 Wizards of the Coast" line, that's now removed.

(That's just the two first discrepancies I noticed)

Are the complete changes listed anywhere? Is there a discussion about versioning for this?

Inconnunom

Explorer
Anyone else notice there's more than one version of this file?

When I downloaded the "Curse of Strahd Introductory Adventure" file on the 19th, I got a 2250 KB PDF.

When I just now clicked the link (again, not remembering my previous download), the file is 1649 KB.

The very first paragraph used to read

Now it reads just

At the bottom, there used to be a "©2016 Wizards of the Coast" line, that's now removed.

(That's just the two first discrepancies I noticed)

Are the complete changes listed anywhere? Is there a discussion about versioning for this?

Also the animated broom indicates to use the flying sword. That is new too.

Steve_MND

First Post
Sounds like they updated the adventure; I know the broom/sword commission was an error that was missed, and mentioned in one of these threads, so it's good that that was updated. I was hoping the severe drop in KB was them removing the patterned background to make it more print-friendly, but I guess not. Ah well.

On a completely unrelated note to revisions (sorry), does anyone know if there is a hi-res version of the map(s) out there that doesn't have the numbers, etc. on them? I'd love to be able to print out sections of this for my table when I end up running it.

Steve_MND

First Post
Ah, nice! I had come across his site, but hadn't seen that specific one in the Maps section. Thanks! Still has the numbers and such, but with the hi-res version, I might be able to work around that with some Photoshop tweaking.

Ganymede81

First Post
Ah, nice! I had come across his site, but hadn't seen that specific one in the Maps section. Thanks! Still has the numbers and such, but with the hi-res version, I might be able to work around that with some Photoshop tweaking.

There is no need. The file at the linked site contains a player's version with no numbers.

I wish that his player maps didn't come as a PDF. This makes it harder to edit them down to printable chunks. I want to be able to print out the house layout as a separate page for each floor.

Steve_MND

First Post
I wish that his player maps didn't come as a PDF. This makes it harder to edit them down to printable chunks. I want to be able to print out the house layout as a separate page for each floor.

I'll be chopping up the map for printing purposes at some point here; if you want (and if i remember), I'll upload them here for you to use if that'd be helpful.

RCanine

First Post

If you have photoshop, you can import PDFs and extract the image data pretty easily.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases