D&D 5E [RAVENLOFT] [5e] Death House OOC

Why don't we each vet one other person's sheet? I'll vet [MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION]'s?

Since KS will do cleric, I will more than likely do Bard. Or Rogue. Probably Bard. Girri's class will change but the rest of her will stay the same. I'll need some time this weekend to implement the switch. Should have a new sheet up by Saturday evening.

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Take your time making characters. I'm losing the trick on Sunday, signing the closing papers on Monday morning, then going straight over to start unloading. New internet won't be on until Tuesday morning, and that's assuming everything works the first go 'round. (Ha!) So yeah, take your time... It'll be a minute before I'm ready to start.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Lately, having an appropriate character pic is extremely important to me for character building. I've found several pics that resonate with me but don't quite fit in some key aspect or invoke some other concept than the one that I want to play (really, why does every image of an axe have to be some god-awful, over-wrought affair?). So, decisions. Good thing we aren't in a hurry. :)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Mr Aldershot, nature cleric
halfling_druid.jpg
[sblock=Cleric 1]Mr Aldershot

NG Ghostwise Halfling Nature Cleric
Level 1

Abilities:
Str 8 (-1)
Dex 14 (+2)
Con 14 (+2)
Int 10 (+0)
Wis 16 (+3)
Cha 13 (+1)

Size S
Speed 25
AC 17 (with shield)
Init +2
Hit Points: 10 (1d8)

Proficiency bonus: +2
Proficiencies: all armour, shields, simple weapons
Saves: WIS, CHA
Skills: Insight, Persuasion, Animal Handling, Nature, Survival
Tools: Vehicle (land); Cook’s utensils
Languages: Common, Halfling

Attacks:
Club (shillelagh), 1d20+5, 1d8+3 bludgeoning (magical)
Club, 1d20-1, 1d4-1 bludgening
Sacred Flame, DC 13 Dex or 1d8 radiant, range 60 feet

Background (trait): Folk Hero (rustic hospitality)

Race abilities:
* Lucky: re-roll 1s on attack, ability checks, and saves.
* Brave: advantage on saves vs. frightened.
* Nimbleness: move through space of creatures only 1 size larger
* Silent Speech: communicate telepathically with one creature within 30' (must share language)

Class abilities:
* Spell slots: Level 1 (2); can prepare 4 spells/day; spell DC 13
* Cantrips: Mending, Guidance, Sacred Flame, Shillelagh
* Spells prepared (typical):
- level 1: (animal friendship, speak with animals) Bless, Healing Word, Cure Wounds, Command

Skills
+2 (dex) Acrobatics
+5 (wis) Animal Handling
+0 (int) Arcana
-1 (str) Athletics
+1 (cha) Deception
+0 (int) History
+5 (wis) Insight
+1 (cha) Intimidation
+0 (int) Investigation Passive: 10
+3 (wis) Medicine
+2 (int) Nature
+3 (wis) Perception Passive: 13
+1 (cha) Performance
+3 (cha) Persuasion
+0 (int) Religion
+2 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+2 (dex) Stealth
+5 (wis) Survival

Characteristics:
Personality: Gentle. Mr. Aldershot doesn't like to kill.
Ideal: Romance. Mr. Aldershot is lonely, and he would be happy if he found someone who shared his values with whom he cold live at peace.
Bond: Animals. Mr. Aldershot understands the life of an adventurer, but he will actively oppose harming any unintelligent beasts.
Flaw: Independently stubborn. Mr. Aldershot will sometimes get an idea in his head, and cannot be talked out of it with facts or reason: "You see one truth," he might say. "Mine is deeper."[/sblock]

[sblock=Equipment]

Chain shirt (50gp, 20 lbs)
Shield with divine emblem (15gp, 6 lbs) [divine focus]
amulet [divine focus] (5gp, 1 lbs)
traveller’s clothes (2gp, 4 lbs)
backpack (2gp, 5 lbs), containing:
* healer’s kit (5gp, 3 lbs)
* rations, 10 days (5gp, 20 lbs)
* mess kit (2sp, 1 lb)
* bedroll (1gp, 7 lbs)
* amulet [divine focus] (5gp, 1 lbs)
* chalk (1cp, -)
* signal whistle (5cp, -)
* soap (2cp, -)
* pouch (5sp, 1 lb) with 8gp 2sp 2cp.

total weight: 69 lbs
Carrying capacity: 120 lbs[/sblock]
[sblock=Story]At just under 3' tall, there is little of Mr. Aldershot that attracts notice. were his hair ands beard not grey, he might pass for a child, his taught skin and vibrant eyes revelling in youth, in enjoying the light of the sun and the smell of the fresh morning air.

Mr. Aldershot is not a normal cleric. For one thing, he is not especially religious. He does feel an obligation to nature, however, and so far, it seems, nature has rewarded him. When he meditates, he focuses his mind on the scents in the air, on the feel of the roots beneath his bare feet. He wants to understand this connection better; he feels it would help everyone. He even tested his belief for a few years, living with gnomes (they didn't scrub their fingernails clean before eating, but otherwise had very good hygiene and seemed to possess a natural rapport with animals) and, briefly, with a mated pair of centaurs until they foaled in the spring. A connection with nature does not come easily to Mr. Aldershot, but he believes that with discipline he can improve it, and make something better of himself.

Self improvement is key, you see. He's always said so. He does not want to be ostentatious, but he does want to be noticed. Someday, someone will see him for what he is. All nature is already on board with that plan. It's only the stubborn blindness of his fellow sentients that prevents him from achieving his purpose.
[/sblock]

-------
Looking forward:
[sblock=Cleric 2]Mr Aldershot

NG Ghostwise Halfling Nature Cleric
Level 2

Abilities:
Str 8 (-1)
Dex 14 (+2)
Con 14 (+2)
Int 10 (+0)
Wis 16 (+3)
Cha 13 (+1)

Size S
Speed 25
AC 17 (with shield)
Init +2
Hit Points: 17 (2d8)

Proficiency bonus: +2
Proficiencies: all armour, shields, simple weapons
Saves: WIS, CHA
Skills: Insight, Persuasion, Animal Handling, Nature, Survival
Tools: Vehicle (land); Cook’s utensils
Languages: Common, Halfling

Attacks:
Club (shillelagh), 1d20+5, 1d8+3 bludgeoning (magical)
Club, 1d20-1, 1d4-1 bludgening
Sacred Flame, DC 13 Dex or 1d8 radiant, range 60 feet

Background (trait): Folk Hero (rustic hospitality)

Race abilities:
* Lucky: re-roll 1s on attack, ability checks, and saves.
* Brave: advantage on saves vs. frightened.
* Nimbleness: move through space of creatures only 1 size larger
* Silent Speech: communicate telepathically with one creature within 30' (must share language)

Class abilities:
* Spell slots: Level 1 (3); can prepare 5 spells/day; spell DC 13
* Cantrips: Mending, Guidance, Sacred Flame, Shillelagh
* Channel Divinity (1/short or long)
- Turn Undead (30')
- Charm animals and plants (30')
* Spells prepared (typical):
- level 1: (animal friendship, speak with animals) Bless, Healing Word, Cure Wounds, Command, Purify Food and Drink

Skills
+2 (dex) Acrobatics
+5 (wis) Animal Handling
+0 (int) Arcana
-1 (str) Athletics
+1 (cha) Deception
+0 (int) History
+5 (wis) Insight
+1 (cha) Intimidation
+0 (int) Investigation Passive: 10
+3 (wis) Medicine
+2 (int) Nature
+3 (wis) Perception Passive: 13
+1 (cha) Performance
+3 (cha) Persuasion
+0 (int) Religion
+2 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+2 (dex) Stealth
+5 (wis) Survival

Characteristics:
Personality: Gentle. Mr. Aldershot doesn't like to kill.
Ideal: Romance. Mr. Aldershot is lonely, and he would be happy if he found someone who shared his values with whom he cold live at peace.
Bond: Animals. Mr. Aldershot understands the life of an adventurer, but he will actively oppose harming any unintelligent beasts.
Flaw: Independently stubborn. Mr. Aldershot will sometimes get an idea in his head, and cannot be talked out of it with facts or reason: "You see one truth," he might say. "Mine is deeper."[/sblock]

Last edited:

Just getting done with volunteering for the night at a charity auction. Enroute home, where coffee and some PbP await me after three long days away. I see KS has a nature cleric up and running. More from me soon.

Yavathol

Explorer
Looks good, KS, love the picture too!
One thing that occurred to me, Mr Aldershot does sound cool, but shouldn't a cleric have a different title to a gentleman? Like reverend Aldershot, or Venerable Aldershot?

I used to live near Aldershot btw, it's still only 30 minutes drive from me! :)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Thanks, Yavathol. How cool you're close to Aldershot. "Alder" was too on-the-nose, I felt, and so I added a syllable. As for the title, it might change but I think there isn't a formal church he's associated with (no training in religion skill, note; only nature). In any case, I'm still thinking him through.

Remove ads