[IC] SWS/DnD5, Star Wars the Old Republic – A Gathering Darkness

GreenKarl

First Post
C4, on the bridge with this Gand (and Kacela who joined them) beeps (in binary) "This unit wishes to info its masters of two important queries. Query one is that this unit's masters should know that the Outlaw Gambit does not have a docking bay. However, this unit believes that with master Jihahna's help, the starfighter could be locked to the ship's exterior and the ships pilot could space walk inside. This unit estimates one hour of time."

"This units second query is where does this unit's masters wish to go? This unit is programmed with the planet Corstris hyperspace coordinates. This unit will need to access the hypergate navcomp system if this unit's masters wish to go elsewhere. It will take this unit an estimated 30 minutes to safely plot a same hyperspace journey to Corstis, and an estimated hour for another hypergate connected planet within the Quelii Sector. If this unit's masters wish to journey elsewhere along the hypergate system time estimates vary. Also if this unit's masters wish to make an emergency jump, this unit cannot guarantee safety of such jump, but this unit could attempt with 3 to 5 minutes..."

GM: OK the basic system is that in KOTOR, almost all starships using hyperspace follow along one of the Hypergate navcomp systems spread throughout the galaxy (basically the HoloNet system with super computers for plotting courses). Normal ships navcomp's are just not advanced enough to do the work by themselves. They can try but its basically jumping blind through hyperspace and is extremely dangerous. Navcomps and astromech droids can have the coordinates of one or two jump points (starting point and destination) in their systems.

Plotting a course safely takes 30 minutes to an hour if you are within the same 'Region' (the Core Worlds, the Inner Rim, etc. although the Outer Rim is so big that it doesn't always count) or sector; and a Tool Use (Navcomp) DC 10 if using a hypergate net or a programmed route from a ship's navcomp, etc. This also assumes that you are traveling on a hypernet route. Each 'region' adds either a +5 to the DC or 30-60 minutes of additional type to plotting the course. Emergency jumps adds +5 if you halve the time and +10 if you try and do it within a few minutes time. There are other factors that can add to this and some regions of space have added complications.

Failure results in problems depending on how bad your failed (there are no real rules for this so we will play it by ear). Low end failure would cause ship damage but still arriving at the place you desire. Mid-level failures might mean you did not jump and damage to the hyperdrive itself, while high end failures might result in crippling the ship and/or being lost in space!!!

Shayuri

First Post
Kacela nods at the gand and takes a seat in front of the scanning instrumentation. With a few keypresses she familiarizes herself with the displays and settles in.

(OOC - if it's going to take an hour to secure the fighter, then there's nothing lost in a 30 minute navpoint plot :))

GreenKarl

First Post
(OOC - if it's going to take an hour to secure the fighter, then there's nothing lost in a 30 minute navpoint plot :))

GM: I suppose C4 and Jihahna could also try and do an emergency lock for Jor's starfighter. He would have to stay in the starfighter the whole trip (minimum of probably 24 hours) but it would only take a few minutes maybe...

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Adjusting to the changing situation, Cal said, "If we jettison the cargo, they'll figure out we know about whatever that device is. It would probably buy us time, but may make things worse for us. Let's try to outrun them first."
clack drone mumble jumble-whirr clicketty “Cal Domaru has no sense of humour,” replies the gand with a touch of... a smile? Disappointment? Something else?

===

At C4's question, after looking about the now-crowded bridge: guttural clack jumble drone-slur warble clacketty slur “These ones will be going to Axxila in the D’Astan sector, please U7-C4,” announces the gand, deftly angling the Outlaw for cover behind one of Dathomir’s reddish moons <there’s at least two according to Wookie>.

So 1h navcomp plotting, during which Jor’s ship is secured, then:

clack whirr humm “Please prepare for Hyperspeed.

The main lever locks forward with a satisfying *Clack*.

1000x425-frank-2015.01.08.17.04.03-2-Hyperspace_falcon.png

[sblock=Actions]Do we roll ourselves and if so, can one of us Help C4?

Rolled with advantage in case it’s a yes: Beep boop beep: 2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [19, 4]+5 = 24

Sorry for the delay. My personal life hit... let’s call it a bump, alright?[/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer
[IC] SWS/DnD5, Star Wars the Old Republic – A Gathering Darkness

The gand turns towards the weapons station..... guttural jumble drone, clack drone clicketty hum drone whirr-click “This one believes Jihahna Darut is talking to Cal Domaru?
"Damnit Gand". Jihahna replies in a sly voice. "I thought I might have gotten away with that... Regarding the crate, I say we just empty the spice into the garbage disposal and space the powder at the end of our jump... Or maybe Cal can make it inert somehow, orrr, I dunno, but maybe some can be converted into medicine or something... a case could be retrieved though, so I'd refrain from releasing everything together, that's all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tglassy

Adventurer
"Are there any legal or medicinal uses to the spice?" Joe asks after getting out of his space walk suit. "Perhaps we can do some good with it."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
warble clicketty hum whirr “Forty minutes to hyper jump,” informs the gand after consulting with C4. guttural clack whirr jumble click, mumble hum clicketty hum long-drone click “Perhaps these ones should purchase a sensor pack once on Axxila and scan the content of the box?” she suggests.

===

When it has a moment to spare, it quickly scrolls through the content of its chemistry datacard for info on the spice itself and any medicinal properties it might have (or be transformed into).

OOC: Know-Chemistry, with advantage thanks to the datacard: The spice must flow: 2D20.HIGH(1)+2 = [10, 17]+2 = 19

Sezarious

Explorer
Jihahna nods into the comms despite them being audio only. "Sounds good Gand. A security kit too"

Between instructions regarding locking his ship aboard, she also shrugs into the comms at Jor's question. "Yeah, I dunno, thought it might be worth checking..."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenKarl

First Post
As Jor brings his starfighter up towards the hull of the Outlaw Gambit C4 and Jihahna quickly magnetize a section near the docking port allowing it to lock onto the outer hull. This is done fairly quickly but means that they don't have time to bring the miraluka to do a space work before they plan the jump (you cannot spacewalk during hyperjumps). As you are discuss your options over the intercom and in person, suddenly an unknown voice is heard over the intercom!!!

"I would not jump to hyperspace right now nor I would I advise you dumping the requested cargo. I have a termite detonator tied into your primary engine power system along with a second one place within the hyperdrive power relay. These will detonate if you power up for a jump or if I push a deadman's switch that I have on me. I will detonate they if you attempt to deactivate them or attempt any action against me. I suggest strongly that you power down your system and prepare to be boarded!"

As his voice trails off this Gand, still in the cockpit, notes that the ship's scanners are detecting a transport coming into orbit from the planet below...

Remove ads