[OOC] Star Wars - Interlude IV: The Detritus of Destiny

gribble

Explorer
[MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION], while I can certainly understand the frustration of having narrative control taken away, I think "lost all enjoyment in the game" is a tad melodramatic over one relatively minor incident. I'm quite comfortable with the GM being "first among equals" when it comes to narrative control. That's the default assumption in most RPGs, and as it hasn't been stated otherwise by FF (or even requested to be otherwise by players), we should assume that to be the case (or at least explicitly ask about it before assuming otherwise). If the GM feels that the narrative needs to be moved along they should be able to do that. Heck, the FFG system even has a built in mechanic to allow a player to take control of the narrative - spending a destiny point.

Ultimately, your IC response did a lot more to make me lose enjoyment in the game than anything FF did, and made me lose enjoyment more than having my narrative freedom taken away by the GM in a relatively minor incident would have. There were many better ways you could have handled this - I've outlined some IC ones in my previous post, or OOC you could have sent a private message to FF and discussed it with him, perhaps asking him to edit his post to reflect your concerns. The IC post you made really was poor judgement and certainly ripped me out of the IC flow of that thread.

Anyway, I don't want to make a bigger deal of this than has been made already. It seems FF is quite happy to revisit the scene to accommodate your wishes, and you've already edited the IC post to reflect that. Let's just get on with having a good game. Can I please just request that in future if this sort of thing happens again that you take a deep breath, consider alternative responses, or discuss your concerns with FF outside the IC thread before posting IC? Would be much appreciated and help me at least not suffer any loss of enjoyment. Thanks mate.

Forged Fury

First Post
Two things:

1) Drama: I have a limited capacity for it. I come here to have fun, not to deal with people's BS. If you've got a problem with the game, feel free to PM me about it and we can work it out. It's a communal game, so we all have to adapt to each other's play styles. For what it's worth, I also found the IC post to be passive aggressive behavior at its finest. If that's what I can expect in the future, I think we might as well call this one now rather than invest anything further into it.

2) Change in Action: With the modification to the scene, specifically deciding to wait to see how the distraction played out rather than taking advantage of the distraction to get out, the rodians may catch up with you. I'll wait for KN to post for Arsinoe before resolving it. Consider the last two IC posts (the one from me and the one from perrinmiller) to be concurrent with each other for the sake of the narrative.

Leif

Adventurer
Boy, I've got to log-in more often! I take a break for a day and miss all the good fights! I just hope you guys don't get into a major scrape and decide that you need a wookiee to help-out. But if you do, Krallatan is only a com-link message away.

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
Just to be clear, Mack is exiting the chocolate shop by the main exit? The shop has two exits: the main one and the rear exit that Arsinoe took.

gribble

Explorer
[MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION] - I'm pretty sure that your last IC post was calling out *character* frustration at G8R's nickname for Krallatan, but just in case, if you're feeling any annoyance as a *player* let me know here and I'll tone it down a bit.
:)

Leif

Adventurer
[MENTION=12430]gribble[/MENTION], thanks for saying that, but it's nothing. I apologize if Krallatan got carried away with the 'bucket head' thing. I just thought that if we're going to have an ongoing 'thing' between G8R and Krallatan, it should go both ways, not just G8R calling Krallatan 'fuzzball.'

Last edited:

gribble

Explorer
[MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION], no, I don't have a problem with 'bucket head' at all. As you say, makes for an interesting dynamic. Just double checking that you're fine with it. All good on both sides, proceed as you were!

Forged Fury

First Post
Hey guys, busy last couple of days at work. I probably won't get anything up until this evening. Just giving everyone a head's up. Thanks!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases